Local Reaction To Mccarney

Harry

I now have a standard for judging McCarney's success or failure at NT. Any wins, bowl games, etc that he leads us to in the next few years will be all well and good...but not what I'm looking for.

Unless he puts up at least half a hundred on SMU (and limits them to 10 or less) when we play them he is a failure.

• Upvote 1

I like this statement from one trick pony on the SM Who? site:

I personally know Dan have been to his home,have had drinks with him and his wife.

He is an excellent recuiter and a CLASS act as a coach. He will bring in his guys from all over including UCF. Big 12 coach of the year. This is a huge hire for the green.

GMG

• Upvote 1

I like this statement from one trick pony on the SM Who? site:

I personally know Dan have been to his home,have had drinks with him and his wife.

He is an excellent recuiter and a CLASS act as a coach. He will bring in his guys from all over including UCF. Big 12 coach of the year. This is a huge hire for the green.

GMG

same poster saying this will be his D Coordinator

John Skladany

ISU D was highly rated under this guy a few years in a row.

Yeah, that's wonderful that two slapdicks from own board who admit they wish they went to TCU or were in Fort Worth took the time to stoke the flames over and over again on a four page thread when most of the TCU fans either parroted them or didn't care. We should probably pin this one.

Edited by Quoner
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, that's wonderful that two slapdicks from own board who admit they wish they went to TCU or were in Fort Worth took the time to stoke the flames over and over again on a four page thread when most of the TCU fans either parroted them or didn't care. We should probably pin this one.

Yeah, anywhere that this McCarney hire isnt hailed as the coronation of Ceasar should be ignored. Better to pick and choose the voices who say what we want to hear.

Not calling you out specifically Quonrr, just letting some see that the emperor's lack of clothing is clear to some in Ft Worth too.

Yeah, anywhere that this McCarney hire isnt hailed as the coronation of Ceasar should be ignored. Better to pick and choose the voices who say what we want to hear.

Not calling you out specifically Quonrr, just letting some see that the emperor's lack of clothing is clear to some in Ft Worth too.

I wasn't worried it was about me, because I haven't really weighed in either way. Anyone hailing anyone of our guys on the list as the second coming should be ignored at this point -- I can make you a long list against all four of the top guys and probably would be doing that right now if it wasn't already over. In all honesty, the more negatively the folks on this board react, the more I feel better about the decision.

Your posted thread is not really about what TCU fans think to me though. It's about a bunch of wanna-be Frogs who go to our school going out of there way to spread negative and begging their heroes at killerfrogs to validate them. The thread is little more than one of them saying why this sucks over and over again while showcasing what a terrible persuasive letter writer he is.

• Upvote 4

Beware, their board is infected with virus... My antivirus program blocked multiple attempted to hijack my browser by a Trojan horse :blink:

I wasn't worried it was about me, because I haven't really weighed in either way. Anyone hailing anyone of our guys on the list as the second coming should be ignored at this point -- I can make you a long list against all four of the top guys and probably would be doing that right now if it wasn't already over. In all honesty, the more negatively the folks on this board react, the more I feel better about the decision.

Your posted thread is not really about what TCU fans think to me though. It's about a bunch of wanna-be Frogs who go to our school going out of there way to spread negative and begging their heroes at killerfrogs to validate them. The thread is little more than one of them saying why this sucks over and over again while showcasing what a terrible persuasive letter writer he is.

u r 0 fun.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I also wrote a letter to RV:

Dear RV,

Do you think we could wear purple? Perhaps call ourselves the horned lizards? If not, do you think you could score me some tickets at the Amon Carter? I know there are plenty of seats for a top 5 team but it would be nice to not pay given how lame I am

Sincerely

WishIwentToTCU

• Upvote 1