National Search Means Look For North Texas Officials

PlummMeanGreen

This is a strong rumor from Dallas coming from one who has been mostly right about UNT before. He is also a huge contributor.

The Denton Record/Chronicle needs better sources than who they seem to have now on this subject.

north texas does not have a huge contributor. we are a nation of little dicks.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 19

I doubt such an announcement during the season. It would needlessly hurt team morale to announce the exclusion of Canales and gain next to nothing. No one is going to be convinced by a "national search" who was not already likely to buy club seats. And the non-club seats aren't on sale yet.

And I am certain that no matter who is chosen, there will be some posting messages about what a terrible hire he is and then announcing they are not going to buy club seats.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

and we are all stupid, have crappy jobs, and nobody makes much money. we are such a disgrace that not even our momma's love us.

we don't have to worry about others putting us down when we constantly do it to ourselves.

Edited by GreenMachine
  • Upvote 5

This is a strong rumor from Dallas coming from one who has been mostly right about UNT before. He is also a huge contributor.

The Denton Record/Chronicle needs better sources than who they seem to have now on this subject.

Sorry. I just don't buy in to this statement...Canales may not be hired, but he will be in the mix for the new HC job...no announcement about not hiring from within will be made.

• Upvote 4

speak for yourself about ur wood bro but as for north texas not having a huge contributor. its called the students and people who go to games.

i would also add that mean joe green prob isnt in that nation either, so we may be alot of things, but "little dicks" is not one

My understanding is they are hoping to make an announcement around the K-State game. This will give the new coach time to put together a full staff, as well as hit the recruiting trail as soon as possible.

On the coach's show today at noon, RV said that very thing - he hoped that a decision would be made by the K-State game - or perhaps more quickly depending upon the circumstances with the rest of the season.

He indicated that immediately upon the termination of Coach Dodge last week that his phone began to ring with numerous individuals interested in the position.

He also said that the decision on the new head coach was his - that the consultant would look at all of the possible names/candidates, determine who was interested and who was not, what they would bring to the table (my terminology), and try to get the list down to six candidates; then two candidates, but that the final decision would be RV's and that the consultant would not be involved beyond providing information and recommendations regarding the possible candidates.

RV said that while the university president has essentially told him that it is his call, never-the-less he would consult with the UNT President as the number of possible candidates were reduced - and, of course, before the announcement of the new head coach.

On the coach's show today at noon, RV said that very thing - he hoped that a decision would be made by the K-State game - or perhaps more quickly depending upon the circumstances with the rest of the season.

He indicated that immediately upon the termination of Coach Dodge last week that his phone began to ring with numerous individuals interested in the position.

He also said that the decision on the new head coach was his - that the consultant would look at all of the possible names/candidates, determine who was interested and who was not, what they would bring to the table (my terminology), and try to get the list down to six candidates; then two candidates, but that the final decision would be RV's and that the consultant would not be involved beyond providing information and recommendations regarding the possible candidates.

RV said that while the university president has essentially told him that it is his call, never-the-less he would consult with the UNT President as the number of possible candidates were reduced - and, of course, before the announcement of the new head coach.

btw, while I was not even remotely in favor of considering Coach Canales before Saturday's game (and the subsequent viewing of the video of the after-game locker room scene), I was really impressed with him today during the coach's show - the man is well-spoken and enthusiastic - it was exciting to listen to his comments.

Bottom line: If he can walk-the-talk, he will make the final decision very, very difficult for the AD.

Seriously, mods, how does this not merit a suspension? Surely you don't think that this is a post that should just get by without any response?

i apologize. i actually meant big pricks. better now? point i was crudely trying to make, i must admitt, is that we don't have huge donors like smu or texas. we are a nation of small givers. i'm sorry if you were offended by my analogy. please don't put me on double secret probation.

• Downvote 7

speak for yourself about ur wood bro but as for north texas not having a huge contributor. its called the students and people who go to games.

i would also add that mean joe green prob isnt in that nation either, so we may be alot of things, but "little dicks" is not one

RickVandMeanJoe3.jpg

It's twoo, it's twoo.

i apologize. i actually meant big pricks. better now? point i was crudely trying to make, i must admitt, is that we don't have huge donors like smu or texas. we are a nation of small givers. i'm sorry if you were offended by my analogy. please don't put me on double secret probation.

Never apologize brah.

Classy