Neinas Report Likely Out Thursday

Brett Vito

Out of curiosity...what is the report supposed to do? Will the report really have any inside information? What does it do to help the future perception of the athletics program?

The report will tell us things we don't already know....you know, like we need to win more football games, need a bigger fan base, winning more football games will help to build a bigger fan base, new stadium may help us in recruiting (recruits would rather play in a fancy new stadium as opposed to one like Fouts...I did not know that), etc.

There...don't you feel better informed now?? ;)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I hope one of the reccomendations is to double the salary structure for the football coaching staff

if so it better have a concrete plan of how to actually raise those funds (while paying for 50% of a stadium and having under 25K butts in the seats) or it will just be telling people with a clue something they already know :ph34r:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 9

if so it better have a concrete plan of how to actually raise those funds (while paying for 50% of a stadium and having under 25K butts in the seats) or it will just be telling people with a clue something they already know :ph34r:

So, you really think the UNT administration has a clue when it comes to athletics? You SMUt fans are so cute.

Thanks for stating the obvious.

• Upvote 1

So, you really think the UNT administration has a clue when it comes to athletics? You SMUt fans are so cute.

Thanks for stating the obvious.

why would I be an SMU fan....I don't believe I have even set foot on their campus though I would like to see a game in their stadium especially with June Jones

and to answer the question.....Hurley had no clue about anything other than how to keep a job for years while ridding the pine and then turning it all over to the city of dallas corruption right at the end so he could have the feather in his cap of retiring as a "chancellor" of a "system" instead of just a long term do nothing president of a university

Pohl had a clue and that is why the dallas corruption machine sent him packing and I think after all his years of being behind hurley had soured him on being a president and made it hard for him to really move the university in another direction especially with royce west, slappy price, and lee jackson on his back for the ride

Dr. B was much better than I ever imagined with athletics and even more so for the university.....she still was too much into the idea of starting niche programs that no one cares about and even fewer get jobs in to make UNT unique, but she was obviously something WAY more than what royce, lee, and slappy ever imagined she was and and she was not ready to be just another university administrator taking orders from the "top" which is why she is no longer in that position and UNT is looking for yet another president that royce, lee, and slappy can dictate to

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I hope one of the recommendations is to double the salary structure for the football coaching staff

That's the key to the whole study: what he recommends money-wise and if the administration agrees to act on it.

if the administration agrees to act on it.

unfortunately for UNT this will not be known for at least a year probably closer to two years because first you have to get a new administration in place and then they need to see how they feel about following that report or even if they will pay attention to it

UNT does not operate in a way that anyone that is currently in place (other than lee and his pals slappy and royce) have any real decision making powers over what will or will not be acted upon in terms of athletics or athletics spending

and depending on who is hired for the presidents position and how much they allow lee slappy and royce to still influence the university in Denton will be the real factor if anything will be acted up on at all

RV has no real power to act on those recommendations, the acting for a year current president surely does not, and who knows what type of president will be hired, their feelings on athletics, or how much they allow lee, slappy, and royce to have influence or what they will be allowed to do by lee royce and slappyy

unfortunately for UNT this will not be known for at least a year probably closer to two years because first you have to get a new administration in place and then they need to see how they feel about following that report or even if they will pay attention to it

UNT does not operate in a way that anyone that is currently in place (other than lee and his pals slappy and royce) have any real decision making powers over what will or will not be acted upon in terms of athletics or athletics spending

and depending on who is hired for the presidents position and how much they allow lee slappy and royce to still influence the university in Denton will be the real factor if anything will be acted up on at all

RV has no real power to act on those recommendations, the acting for a year current president surely does not, and who knows what type of president will be hired, their feelings on athletics, or how much they allow lee, slappy, and royce to have influence or what they will be allowed to do by lee royce and slappyy

Isn't everyone glad CheckFacts found his way back here through a sock puppet?

• Upvote 1

I think we can all agree that Chuck has one of the coolest jobs on the planet....scrolling through campuses and evaluating the status of the sports programs. On top of that making some serious bank just issuing a report with some ideas on it that a staffer preps for you. Ooohhh what a life. I have to logoff....my cube commander just issued me 15 lashes for dereliction of duty :pirate:

Edited by All About UNT
  • Downvote 1

and to answer the question.....Hurley had no clue about anything other than how to keep a job for years while ridding the pine and then turning it all over to the city of dallas corruption right at the end so he could have the feather in his cap of retiring as a "chancellor" of a "system" instead of just a long term do nothing president of a university

Pohl had a clue and that is why the dallas corruption machine sent him packing and I think after all his years of being behind hurley had soured him on being a president and made it hard for him to really move the university in another direction especially with royce west, slappy price, and lee jackson on his back for the ride

Dr. B was much better than I ever imagined with athletics and even more so for the university.....she still was too much into the idea of starting niche programs that no one cares about and even fewer get jobs in to make UNT unique, but she was obviously something WAY more than what royce, lee, and slappy ever imagined she was and and she was not ready to be just another university administrator taking orders from the "top" which is why she is no longer in that position and UNT is looking for yet another president that royce, lee, and slappy can dictate to

I am not quite sure you really know what you are talking about here.

• Upvote 3

I wished I could attend this report because I don't want to miss what will surely be a comment something similar to the Stallings on Trilli shot. Anyone remember how that went? Something to the tune of, and I paraphrase....

......."and then I look up and here we are losing at home to a DII program that doesn't even give out scholarships????? You can't have that happen folks and expect to improve your athletic program?"....

Funniest yet most tense moment I ever remember for a public forum.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1

I am not quite sure you really know what you are talking about here.

on which points specifically?

hurley was the biggest do nothing in the history of university presidents and the fact he lasted even half as long as he did shows how apathetic everyone at UNT was about everything for his entire tenure....hell he not only did not help UNT he damaged the place for the long term

Pohl wanted the job, started out well....then ran into royce west's huge belly and realized that change was not going to occur at UNT in any time frame that he would be around for....and the issues with the faculty and their lack of acceptance for even marginally tough (by decent university standards) standards for tenure and advancement made him realize that a former insider from the previous do nothing administration would be shouted down at every turn....Pohl was moving athletics forward which is no small feat at UNT, but there were just too many things working against him and he saw the light and decided the best thing would be for a fresh start for the university

the legacy of Dr. B so far is that she at least tried to connect with alumni (though you have to wonder about some of the places she went to connect with them), she had some clue of a plan for the university as a whole, she was able to convince most faculty they were going to have to step it up on tenure requirements, and most importantly she saw the hand writing on the wall in dealing with the sunny souf dallas mafia which is in evidence from the letter about pulling out of the UCD.....on the other hand I am not all that impressed with the Emerald Eagles deal because I think academic support should go to those with decent academics, the "Peace Studies" program is just so much fluff (when have you seen a job listing for a peace maker and what does it require a really big bong and a cool collection of tie dyes) and IMO she should have had a concrete plan for raising endowment funds from day one and that should have been a central part of her travels to connect with alumni

she clashed with lee, royce, and slappy and she was shown the door and that was expensive for UNT in a number of ways and it puts UNT right back on the same path they were on before....the strong possibility that a new president will be someone with mid level "system" experience that will fit nicely in place to help shuffle paperwork to lee and the gang and to go along with 100% of the professional programs in the UNT system going to the souf dallaz community college campus while Denton still has NONE on the Denton campus and while the souf dallaz campus has none of the supporting academic offerings needed to support those professional programs and mostly offers McDegrees and degree programs via Tele-courses from Denton

Edited by TodgeRodge

Perfect! Every once in a while I could begin to understand Todge Rodge only to be led back to ranting and raving similar to Baghdad Bob. I'm still trying to figure out who was more factual.

I really don't have an opinion on TodgeRodge's post. I was just suggesting a possiblity for content and presentation of the Neinas report.

If he is like the vast majority of consultants, his number one recommendation will be to get more consulting.

Based on the really limited engagement, expect the usual boiler plate and a few very broad recommendations. I had some hopes for his engagement primarily because he was hired by an interim President with no known agendas to promote. However, the contract is so limited that any worthwhile review of the athletic structure, personnel, and objectives seems unlikely.

I don't know if this has been posted or not... but I was watching an ESPN story on him (it was released last year)

Check this video out.. interesting stuff Chuck Neinas, college headhunter

• Upvote 1

Perfect! Every once in a while I could begin to understand Todge Rodge only to be led back to ranting and raving similar to Baghdad Bob. I'm still trying to figure out who was more factual.

Me thinks TodgeRodge sounds a lot like our friend CheckFacts

• Upvote 1

I don't know if this has been posted or not... but I was watching an ESPN story on him (it was released last year)

Check this video out.. interesting stuff Chuck Neinas, college headhunter

Nice find. Again the whole coaching search is a crap shoot. I personally don't think the Neinas report is all that necessary as you can just go by common sense in what is needed and what kind of coach you need.