Dodge Deserves Better Fans

the real grad88

I hope that if he doesn't get to 7 wins, whatever place he winds up coaching next year provides him with the sort of fans you feel he's entitled to.

If he wants to donate back all the salary he's earned under his contract, I promise I'll give him one last standing ovation on his way out the door.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I knew someone would play this card.

Dodge was hired by UNT because he won games. He has been given four years to win games. You may be feeling sorry for him, but I can't imagine he's feeling sorry for himself. He had a chance to deliver and it hasn't worked out for him.

When a player isn't good enough, do you think Dodge keeps him around because we're a family and families stick together?

Hell no!

Dodge knows that he was brought here to win games and if he didn't, he'd be shown the door.

• Upvote 2

Let him pull a 5-34 and see how a Texas high school's fanbase would treat him.

Gee....we're about as patient of a group of college football fans, as there are.

You want to know what sickens me? Seeing him on a nationally televised game....they flash his record at NT....and I think "No other college in the country would have brought back a coach with that kind of record....for a 4th year."

Edited by SUMG

Dodge and the program needs the fans to rally around him/them like a family right now. Would anybody want to be in his shoes right now? I say he's a man just for sticking it out and staying positive with the team. Hang in there Dodge, you and team will get through this.

A Coach going into his fourth year that has only beat 2 FBS teams, yeah he really needs his ass kissed.

Pucker up buttercup!

• Upvote 1

Ok I'll play that game.

The fans deserve a better head coach. We deserve a more prepared coach. We deserve more than five wins in the Dodge era. Dodge is in the "shoes" he is in because he is 5-34. Read that again 5-34. I will rally around this team all day long but to ask me to rally around a coach that makes Jerry Moore and Matt Simon look like Vince Lombardi and Bear Bryant is asking a bit much.

• Upvote 1

Dodge and the program needs the fans to rally around him/them like a family right now. Would anybody want to be in his shoes right now? I say he's a man just for sticking it out and staying positive with the team. Hang in there Dodge, you and team will get through this.

I don't know where you've been the last four years but it hasn't been reading this board. The majority have been pulling for Todd to the point of embarassment among our friends. We realize that some of his problems were inherited but many resulted from using high school coaches, failure to conform to the college game, and correct failures in a timely manner. He is unable to teach or inspire players to win.

Todd is as nice a guy as I've met. Maybe he's too nice. It seems to take a hardass to get the best out of most of the players.

Dodge has done some fine, make that great things for us during his tenure such as correcting the drug problem, encouraging scholarship so that no players are now lost to APR, and pushing for the new stadium. But, he cannot seem to win regardless of how hard he tries and it's time for change before we start losing fans. There is simply too much at stake to continue with a coach who wins about one out of every eight games played. That doesn't happen in the annals of the FBS. Further, more conference changes are likely soon and no one will want us with our recent history of losing. Lastly, as you are well aware, it's hard enough to get people to donate to a winner, much less a perpetual loser.

• Upvote 5

I think the UNT fan base has been more than patient with the product on the field that Dodge has produced.

Only in North Texas would you see fans who could tolerate such a debacle for the last four years, if this was a big program or a team with a winning tradition, much more would be expected.

Im actually shocked that he is still here at year four, anywhere else in Div. 1 football, that wouldn't be the case.

• Upvote 1

Really? Most of us have been pulling for him to turn it around. Even though he hasn't, we still show up, yell ourselves hoarse, and stay the whole game, and watch/listen every week while we repeatedly get kicked in the groin. I'm not sure he can get better fans than us.

Screw it. No more kicks to the groin, I'm wearing a cup to the next game.

Edited by Rudy

Something said during the game today alarmed me. The announcer said that Dodge does not blame the players or something to that state but rather holds the coaches responsible to perform. It was something like that and there in lies a huge problem for me. I don't think the players feel the urgency to perform they maybe should. I might look at this as a free pass to be coddled. I am not unloading on the players but I do think there needs to be serious consequences such as lack of playing time, benchings, loss of position. I mean execution requirements run through the ranks, right?

I want performance expectations from the athletic department employees through all of our coaching staffs in all sports.

GMG

Something said during the game today alarmed me. The announcer said that Dodge does not blame the players or something to that state but rather holds the coaches responsible to perform. It was something like that and there in lies a huge problem for me. I don't think the players feel the urgency to perform they maybe should. I might look at this as a free pass to be coddled. I am not unloading on the players but I do think there needs to be serious consequences such as lack of playing time, benchings, loss of position. I mean execution requirements run through the ranks, right?

I want performance expectations from the athletic department employees through all of our coaching staffs in all sports.

GMG

I think Coach Dodge was just quoting meangreenbob.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1