Congrats To Boise State: 14-0, National Champs

FirefightnRick

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes! Tight ends...and...with the ball inside the five and the game tied late...a running touchdown with a FULLBACK making the key block!

I lobbied for Boise State's offensive or defensive coordinator to be hired for us. Both make less than Dodge. This job would be a pay raise for them. We should have ditched Dodge while we had the chance and at least talked to both of those guys.

I lobbied for Boise State's offensive or defensive coordinator to be hired for us. Both make less than Dodge. This job would be a pay raise for them. We should have ditched Dodge while we had the chance and at least talked to both of those guys.

We can probably still talk to them. They will probably be at BSU next season so why not give them a call. I wouldn't mind considering Dirk Koetter, former BSU coach before Dan Hawkins took over. Things didn't go too well when he bolted BSU for Arizona State so they canned him and currently the OC for the Jacksonville Jaguars. I think he would be a good candidate to interview.

We can probably still talk to them. They will probably be at BSU next season so why not give them a call. I wouldn't mind considering Dirk Koetter, former BSU coach before Dan Hawkins took over. Things didn't go too well when he bolted BSU for Arizona State so they canned him and currently the OC for the Jacksonville Jaguars. I think he would be a good candidate to interview.

Good point on Koetter. I'd forgotten about him. Dennis Erickson is tanking Arizona State as his replacement there. I think that job and Wazzu will be open in the Pac-10 after next season. Also, it's hard to see Colorado doing much more with Nebraska back and everyone else holding steady. I think that job, another Mountain/Western time zone job, will be open. You just hope those Boise guys would still be around.

Of course...all of this is pertinent only if Dodge has another 10 loss season... :ph34r:

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

I don't mean to steal this thread but I didn't know where else to put this comment. Kellen Moore is almost identical in size to Riley Dodge.

That's where the comparison ends with "pick six" Riley Dodge. Moore scrambles and sees the field well and makes sound decisions when receivers are covered plus he can throw the long ball and not deal with constant injury. Size is the ONLY comparison of these two!!!

Is Moore a freshman? Not gonna hammer a kid who was moving through his first year as a starter. Now that Riley has a full season under his belt the expectations of his performance must rise. He strikes me as the type of kid who doesn't mind that.

Now get better and deliver!

GMG

I don't mean to steal this thread but I didn't know where else to put this comment. Kellen Moore is almost identical in size to Riley Dodge.

Speaking of comparisons, anyone else notice Patterson burn a timeout 2 minutes into the 2nd half on a Boise St. punt? That's right out of the Todd Dodge clock management school of thought.

Speaking of comparisons, anyone else notice Patterson burn a timeout 2 minutes into the 2nd half on a Boise St. punt? That's right out of the Todd Dodge clock management school of thought.

I believe one of the coaches said that tcu sniffed out a fake punt earlier in the game... maybe this was it.

You have conviced me. I think Coach Dodge should recruit nothing but "tight ends" for every position.

Heck, get rid of all the coaching staff and hire the best "flash-in-the-pan" HC, DC, OC.....DIII, DII or whatever coach that looks good for that particular week. Reminds me of me with a laser pointer and watching a little kitty chase the "red dot" all around the house....."there it is kitty...get it"......"no, there it is kitty....chase it"......"there it is kitty...jump, jump, jump."

Heck, bring back the Triple Option becuz the service acadamies used it and won.....hire all their staff to come here. Next year they may win with the "Wing-T" so we will, naturally, get rid of our coaches and incorporate that into our program with their coaches and players.

You guys are talking "merry go round." This sort of reminds me of incoming freshmen who stand in front of the admin building trying to figure out which women who pass buy that they are going to have meaningful relationships for the rest of their meaningless freshman lives. After all said and done it similar to a dog chasing their tail or some pimple faced freshman taking a long shower with a jar of petrolium jelly.

This stuff is pretty funny...the merry go round of off season posts continues. Just when you think a topic is dead, back it comes...

As to the TCU-BS game...not very good! How do you leave the middle THAT wide open on a punt? Good call by the BS staff, bad defense for the Frogs. Cost them the game, but how about all those "weak" armed throws from the TCU QB? I thought he had a strong arm? He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn last night. Tough game for the Frogs. Too bad. I was sure hoping they would go undefeated. Better to see a metroplex team get to 13-0 than Boise St. But, congrats to Boise St. Good call on the fake punt. Congrats on the season.

You have conviced me. I think Coach Dodge should recruit nothing but "tight ends" for every position.

Heck, get rid of all the coaching staff and hire the best "flash-in-the-pan" HC, DC, OC.....DIII, DII or whatever coach that looks good for that particular week. Reminds me of me with a laser pointer and watching a little kitty chase the "red dot" all around the house....."there it is kitty...get it"......"no, there it is kitty....chase it"......"there it is kitty...jump, jump, jump."

Heck, bring back the Triple Option becuz the service acadamies used it and won.....hire all their staff to come here. Next year they may win with the "Wing-T" so we will, naturally, get rid of our coaches and incorporate that into our program with their coaches and players.

You guys are talking "merry go round." This sort of reminds me of incoming freshmen who stand in front of the admin building trying to figure out which women who pass buy that they are going to have meaningful relationships for the rest of their meaningless freshman lives. After all said and done it similar to a dog chasing their tail or some pimple faced freshman taking a long shower with a jar of petrolium jelly.

"Tune in next week when the Hyperbolic Jackass will suggest that we sign a 50 person recruitng class! He may miss the point of a thread, he'll he may even refute arguments that were never made, but he'll always do it with flair!"

TCU was caught in the glare of the spotlight on the big boy stage. They played pretty hard, and their defense is legit, but they were outcoached, and outplayed, and couldn't run the football. Game over.

Doesn't really diminish a great season by the Frogs, but they definitely looked shell-shocked.

I am interested in reading Engel's next column in the FWST. Should be a good one.

Forget the rest; let's explore this section of the quotation. I have several questions:

1.) Who stands in front of the admin building?

2.) Who looks for a wife freshman year?

3.) What makes the lives of freshman meaningless? I mean, they can vote and serve in the army right?

4.) How is a dog chasing its tail similar to Darrelling your Dickey?

Edited by Quoner

Where are all the folks who were on this board at the end of the regular season talking about how TCU got the shaft and how they could beat Texas, Florida or 'Bama any day?

...just askin'.

I'm still here and I still believe they're capable of beating ut.

Never said they could beat Florida or Alabama.

TCU was caught in the glare of the spotlight on the big boy stage. They played pretty hard, and their defense is legit, but they were outcoached, and outplayed, and couldn't run the football. Game over.

Doesn't really diminish a great season by the Frogs, but they definitely looked shell-shocked.

I am interested in reading Engel's next column in the FWST. Should be a good one.

I don't watch a lot of TCU football, but I don't recall Patterson jettisoning his game plan as fast as he did last night in years. a 2:1 passing ratio in a game that was within a score or tied for all but a few minutes seems very out of character for how that team wins. If Nevada and La Tech can ring up yards on that team, there's got to be a way to adjust the running game to get outside or attack the gaps differently.

Five weeks to prepare is a long freaking time for anyone. , but that was thorough coaching and game-planning dominance by Petersen and his staff against a very good team. Should give everyone predicting a Bama rout Thursday (me included) a little bit of pause.

Where are all the folks who were on this board at the end of the regular season talking about how TCU got the shaft and how they could beat Texas, Florida or 'Bama any day?

...just askin'.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is why pairing TCU and Boise sucks. The success of one now breaks down the other and leads to statements like this. TCU falls to 4-1 against ranked opponents as UT prepares to play ranked team #3 and their first in the top 15.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is why pairing TCU and Boise sucks. The success of one now breaks down the other and leads to statements like this. TCU falls to 4-1 against ranked opponents as UT prepares to play ranked team #3 and their first in the top 15.

If TCU played that game against Texas, Florida, Iowa, 'Bama or any of the other teams they would have faced had the pairing gone the way we all wanted it to, the result would have been the same. They didn't play well, and were simply outclassed by Boise State, and i believe would be outclassed by ANY of the other teams (except maybe Cincy) who made a BCS Bowl.

...now, I admit, they didn't play to their potential. They are better than they showed last night, I have no doubt, but I don't believe for one second they are better than our could beat Texas, Florida or Alabama.

...and Quoner, it's not the pairing of TCU and Boise that sucks, it is the entire system where the teams like Boise who won last night and has an undefeated season won't have a chance to be in the title picture. I have no problem with the pairing, but I certainly think it sucks that Boise doesn't get to play whoever wins the game on Thursday night to determine which of the undefeated teams are better and deserve the title.

Edited by yyz28