Season Record Predictions

FloMoGrad

I drink my green cool-aid by the pitcher, and hate to think good money was wasted on a bad product (Season Tickets, Mean Green Club Donation, etc...) for the 3rd straight year...

With that said, I feel 4-6 wins is not out of the picture...I can't bring myself to limit us to 1-11 or 2-10...I'm seeing 3-9 or 4-10 as realistic...

I still lay my head down at night dreaming of 6 wins and a bowl game....A man can dream right?

So what does everyone else think....I'll shut up and listen...

Are we really doing this thread again? OK, I'll bite...I say 5 wins...6 is not out of reason IF UNT gets some "good bounces" and a bit of good luck. But, I am going with 5-7...it's written down on the poster at Unique Barber Shop in Denton, so how could I change or deny it?????

GO MEAN GREEN! It starts at Ball State!

Only 2 guaranteed loses this year in Troy & Bama

6 wins from NT should never be too much too ask for no matter what the circumstances. We play in the f'n SuNBelt and sit right in the middle of the greatest recruiting area in the nation.

I'm going with wins vs Ohio,WKu,ULM & Army. Not saying that would make me happy , but it would be a major improvement

I will let the team's performance against Ball State determine it's season fate:

Beat Ball State = 6-6 record

lose to BS by <7 = 5-7 record

lose to BS by 7-14 = 4-8 record

loss by 15-21 = 3-9 record

loss by 22-28 = 2-9 record

loss by more than 28 = toast

Edited by NT80

I will let the team's performance against Ball State determine it's season fate:

Beat Ball State = 6-6 record

lose to BS by <7 = 5-7 record

lose to BS by 7-14 = 4-8 record

loss by 15-21 = 3-9 record

loss by 22-28 = 2-9 record

loss by more than 28 = toast

If we torch Ball State do you still think 6-6 is our cap? I hope to see the Dodges take us bowling. That'd be the stuff movies are made of. Let the koolaid flow like a river!

If we torch Ball State do you still think 6-6 is our cap? I hope to see the Dodges take us bowling. That'd be the stuff movies are made of. Let the koolaid flow like a river!

In all fairness, just as we don't know what to expect of ourselves, we don't know what to expect of Ball State. Ball State was a great MAC team last year, but they could easily slide down below the middle of the pack. On the other hand, they might be better this year than last, so we could lose by 20 and still go 6-6.

I don't see Ball State as a great gauge for the rest of the season. I just hope we win.

I also think the Ball State game is very important this year, compared to most home openers. We don't necessarily have to win it. But, the team needs to look sharp to keep the confidence moving forward.

Until I see the team against Ball State, the range for me is 2 to 7 wins.

If we torch Ball State do you still think 6-6 is our cap?

Yes. First, when is the last time we torched anyone in football? Second, this is not the Ball State of last season, they are picked next to last in their own MAC division.

Edited by NT80

Only 2 guaranteed loses this year in Troy & Bama

6 wins from NT should never be too much too ask for no matter what the circumstances. We play in the f'n SuNBelt and sit right in the middle of the greatest recruiting area in the nation.

I'm going with wins vs Ohio,WKu,ULM & Army. Not saying that would make me happy , but it would be a major improvement

Just a little buzzed on the Kool-aid but I think Alabama is the only guaranteed lose this year, I still wonder what kind of Mean Green Team will show up this year.

But if and this is a big one, if we show up in Troy with a 5-1 record, I think the game will be on.

Just a little buzzed on the Kool-aid but I think Alabama is the only guaranteed lose this year, I still wonder what kind of Mean Green Team will show up this year.

But if and this is a big one, if we show up in Troy with a 5-1 record, I think the game will be on.

Sample a sip of the bitter punch Reverend Jim made. There is not a single fan on any of our opponents that predicts his team to lose to North Texas. Even on the WKU board where some are pessimistically predicting 2-10 records, one of those wins is always against North Texas.

Reality lies somewhere between 0-12 and 11-1. I am predicting 5 wins this season with a 2 game swing either way depending on lucky/unlucky breaks. Anything less than 3 wins and Dodge is in the hot seat, anything more than 6 wins probably puts North Texas in the Independence Bowl and makes Dodge a hero. I am expecting 5 wins as North Texas doesn't surprise the world but still shows definite improvement.

If the football team goes into Troy with a 5-1 record. I'll bare my rear end, hell I'll flash my junk, before the start of the Troy game.

If the football team goes into Troy with a 5-1 record. I'll bare my rear end, hell I'll flash my junk, before the start of the Troy game.

Brett, I hear that is pretty normal reaction in Alabama when people get excited!

Tony,

I've never been to Alabama, but that was pretty funny!

Brett are you still up for this? It just may happen with a little luck knock on wood.

• 2 months later...