Russo Granted Transfer

NT80

Why is anyone surprised??? Many of us knew he wanted out before last season even started.

U.S.S. Dodge is taking on water.

In the 20 years of supporting NTSU / UNT as a student and alumni........we may be getting close to rock bottom......

Those Scott Davis led teams of the late 80's and Maher teams of the mid 90's would eat this teams lunch!!!!!

RV better pray that Dodge rights the ship and gets us a 6-6 record...or the stadium and the program may be headed back into the depths the Southland Conference.....which is where we may need to be*

*can of worms opened

Edited by RETSO

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been out of town a lot lately, so did I miss the news that our law school is no longer likely? Either way, I have a hard time believing Russo's law school excuse unless there is a special situation like his father is an smu law graduate. Something like that might give him a better shot at admission. He probably just wanted to go play and hang with his high school budd's.

Good points. In addition, if his mom or dad were SMU Law grads, he'd have even more of an "in" and going to SMU as an undegrad would be even less important.

To me, it's a flimsy excuse to leave, but...what can you do? He's gone.

This post totally violates the spirit of this board. It is one thing to criticize a coach's ability, his record, or his philosophy, but to asassinate his character based on personal opinion is quite another.

Further, to wish that a player gets hurt so that another might play is off the board. This post should be deleted and the poster suspended indefinitely.

Agree. If we suspend for naughty words or even faux naughty words, we should expel for this kind of sickness. This is beyond anything I've read on this board.

I'm not sayin'...I'm just sayin'.

Fentriss was hurt and couldn't recover.

Padron and Russo wanted to go to SMU, period. I would be surprised if either plays.

Tomlin probably won't play and is at A&M I believe.

There are many still on the roster. Face it, some kids just need a change, for whatever reason, and transfer. Besides, SLC is a great HS team, but how many of their kids have gone on to stellar collegiate carreers outside of Daniel? McElroy might become a great one at Alabama and a few lineman have done well, but they really haven't been world beaters in D1 football as a whole.

This year's team loses scholarships because of the failings of the team 4 years ago? Doesn't seem fair. And losing potentially a third string DE is not as great a loss on the field as it is a loss in the public's perception of Dodge losing one of his old HS players.

Asked for a reaction to Russo's request for transfer, Dodge said, "I don't see the need to answer that question. He is dead to me. As for my own future, since you didn't ask, we will be fine. It really is all about me, you see, er I mean, I am focused on the school that gave me this great opportunity."

Sounds like the proper way to handle that question.

Instead, the guy offered coach-speak about a kid with whom he has had a long coach/player relationship, and then went back to recruiting (three more offers posted today) and continuing progress in turning this around.

I prefer the latter. Stay focused on the kids that want to be here. Self-evaluate and work to make it the best work environment you can. Do something, make progress, improve, then talk about it if you must, but limit focus on yourself while you are working hard to turn it around.

(and yes, I understand this is a simplistic view of the situation)

GMG

Scott Campbell

Asked for a reaction to Russo's request for transfer, Dodge said, "I don't see the need to answer that question. He is dead to me. As for my own future, since you didn't ask, we will be fine. It really is all about me, you see, er I mean, I am focused on the school that gave me this great opportunity."

I can't believe Todd would say that.

Fentriss was hurt and couldn't recover.

Padron and Russo wanted to go to SMU, period. I would be surprised if either plays.

Tomlin probably won't play and is at A&M I believe.

There are many still on the roster. Face it, some kids just need a change, for whatever reason, and transfer. Besides, SLC is a great HS team, but how many of their kids have gone on to stellar collegiate carreers outside of Daniel? McElroy might become a great one at Alabama and a few lineman have done well, but they really haven't been world beaters in D1 football as a whole.

I was just bringing back my post from last August because it mentioned Russo leaving. I guess it was my jerk attempt at a lame "I told you so..." I realize it was kinda petty, so please disregard.

This program is headed south and quickly dying from the cancer of Rick V. and his hire of this coaching staff.

Being so close to the program, I see it every freaking day. Yes, I am young and dumb but if doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that these players want Dodge gone.

Everyone was so high on Russo and now he is a third rate player because he chose another path. People just keep sticking up for Dodge and its ridiculous.

His players give the politically correct statements but they want him gone. Family which is said every time they break the huddle is a joke.

Family to Coach Dodge is Riley boy and his wife who gossips like a teenager.

All these so called QUITTERS are leaving for the right reasons. This place is a disaster and unfortunately my job on campus is right here at Bonnie Brae. I need the cash and can't quit but it is painful to watch.

Edited by UNT2012

This program is headed south and quickly dying from the cancer of Rick V. and his hire of this coaching staff.

Being so close to the program, I see it every freaking day. Yes, I am young and dumb but if doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that these players want Dodge gone.

Everyone was so high on Russo and now he is a third rate player because he chose another path. People just keep sticking up for Dodge and its ridiculous.

His players give the politically correct statements but they want him gone. Family which is said every time they break the huddle is a joke.

All these so called QUITTERS are leaving for the right reasons. This place is a disaster and unfortunately my job on campus is right here at Bonnie Brae. I need the cash and can't quit but it is painful to watch.

You are a fine representation of Dodge's PCness. A true ambassador to the players and their family.

oooo....fill me in on the gossip that his wife spreads like a teenager...i must have missed it.

Man you are full of crap. i know for a fact that the team has no problem with dodge. i too am around them every day.

How many SLC football players have made any sort of impact (excluding Chase Daniel) in D1 the last 2-3 years? I can't think of any. My guess is Russo was pushed down the pecking order with the incoming JUCO players and decided he'd much rather be at SMU(SLC II). All eyes on Riley, now? :ph34r:

Edited by Got5onIt

The most heinous being an actual speed limit; it's just one big ugly stick on your way to Kansas.

You actually see Kansas as a destination???? Man, Kansas vs Oklahoma....a battle of the states...me, I don't see much difference. Why Kansas as opposed to Oklahoma? At least Oklahoma has Oklahoma State University and Stillwater. That, right there, makes for much better than thje whole state of Kansas! :lol::wacko::flowers: