Be Honest With Yourself

emmitt01

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have more faith in the US economy in 2009 than I do UNT football.

To answer Mr. Emmitt's question...........

No, not at all, especially on what I am hearing coming out of San Antonio. Vizza is pissed at the first family of unt football and one particular person who keeps talking crap.

Edited by UNT2012

I do expect this year to be better as in more competitive football. I do think we will have wins more also. After last two seasons having disgruntled players is something I would expect. Regardless of comments above I think Vizza will pull out of the Sophomore slump we saw last season. I think we will see T. Dodge reinvent himself as well, the pressure is on, he will be a Junior as college HC, and he will be out of excuses.

Do I think we are going to a bowl game next season, probably not.

Things will marginally better if the offense has some different sets. Hopefully a few with the QB under center and some short yardage run packages. However, I don't have much faith in TD swallowing some of that ego and making the necessary changes to help the offense look like one that plays at the D-1 level.

The defense??....Just pray real hard that it improves.

SP Teams??....they have to be better....right??

Only way we are improved from last year : Give CAM the rock 20+ times a game. Our O-Line will probably be our only strength. Who is Vizza/Dodge going to throw to ??? I mean we lost our only big time threat , Fitz and probably our most reliable hands , Stick.

If DD was head coach and he had CAM , he would have lead the nation in running. The guy can be a stud and Dodge has to swallow some pride and make him the focal point in the offense. Our DEF Line is still our weak point and will be continue to be exposed , so ball control might be our only option to stay competitive.

Saying this Im not wanting DD back or think he shouldn't of gone , because it was time for him to go. But in order for this team to even dream about going .500 next season we have to be more run based

I have vastly overestimated the team in the last two years. I believed in year one, that TD would improve the offense and an experienced defense would led to a good season. Year two, I expected the offense to continue to improve and even with a depleted defense that Deloach would be a significantly positive influence. What I acutally saw, was the worst two years of NT football in my long tenure following the team.

Next year, I see little hope. NT is in full panic mode scrambling for Juco help. What is particularly disturbing is that NT is desperately recruiting wrs and dbs. Positions that Dodge has given out double digit ships in his first two years. Looking at next years schedule, there is not a game that NT will be favored in. Assuming the coaching improves, I believe NT may win 3 games.

Pissed? Sometimes anger can be a useful emotion, if directed in the right direction and combined with working and playing hard and smart.

\

I am hopeful there will be a renaissance of good football ushered in at UNT. Give me two good D tackles and we will see how it pans out?

GMG :)

This team, as currently constructed, will not win more than 3 games next year. 2 wins in more realistic.

While the talent level is marginal at some positions-O and D lines specifically-I would hope for 4-5 wins with outstanding coaching. Not gonna happen.

The lack of focus on the defense and special teams by the head coach is disheartening. But I'm afraid things go much deeper.

Do you suppose RV has asked TD to replace some of his assistants? :ph34r:

Do you suppose RV has let TD know if he doesn't make some changes and improve real quick-he will not be the head coach in 2010? :ph34r:

My prediction: NT wins one of its first 8 games in 2009, and TD is let go before the season is over.

SP Teams??....they have to be better....right??

Uh....isn't that what we said about the defense last year?? I expect maybe 2 wins. I do think we will be more competetive in the games. I think Dodge will last the season, but will be gone soon after the last game. Again, I don't hate the guy and hope he wins 8 games, but this is what I realistically see happening.

This team, as currently constructed, will not win more than 3 games next year. 2 wins in more realistic.

While the talent level is marginal at some positions-O and D lines specifically-I would hope for 4-5 wins with outstanding coaching. Not gonna happen.

The lack of focus on the defense and special teams by the head coach is disheartening. But I'm afraid things go much deeper.

Do you suppose RV has asked TD to replace some of his assistants? :ph34r:

Do you suppose RV has let TD know if he doesn't make some changes and improve real quick-he will not be the head coach in 2010? :ph34r:

My prediction: NT wins one of its first 8 games in 2009, and TD is let go before the season is over.

Great Post..... Rv most likely had a hand in some assistant coaches being let go. TD wasnt going to do it himself.

I also think that dodge will be given the boot sometime in mid-season and unlike Dickey will not be coaching the last few games he has left. Because of the possibility of Dodge seeking to make a statement and having his players go out in SLC jerseys, oh wait that has already occured.....

If RV holds onto his prize coaching pick past new year, he will be looking for another job with dodge and both of their new jobs will not have anything to do with any college.