Be Honest With Yourself

emmitt01

Yes they will be better.

Tobe and Craig are stud linebackers and with the JUCO coming in we should have a marked improvement. I was excited about Penson early but he hasn't markedly improved his size, strength, or speed in his time here. He is still a very intense player which makes him exciting to watch on special teams but he just doesn't look like a division 1 linebacker at this point.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would hope that a 5 year contract with t. d. means just that. while i am disapointed in last years performance, and think we took a step back, i think we should stick to our original committment, as a coaching change now would only futher hurt our program .rember that we lost 5 scholarships, which puts us at a recruiting disavantage. while i am a d.d. supporter, i think t.d. can grow into the job. he just needs to show more loyality to north texas than his southlake coaches on staff. in summary, i would hope 3 to 4 wins in 09, 5 to 6 in 10, and a winning season in 11. you eat an elephant a bite at a time.

i would hope that a 5 year contract with t. d. means just that. while i am disapointed in last years performance, and think we took a step back, i think we should stick to our original committment, as a coaching change now would only futher hurt our program .rember that we lost 5 scholarships, which puts us at a recruiting disavantage. while i am a d.d. supporter, i think t.d. can grow into the job. he just needs to show more loyality to north texas than his southlake coaches on staff. in summary, i would hope 3 to 4 wins in 09, 5 to 6 in 10, and a winning season in 11. you eat an elephant a bite at a time.

Stephen Hawking has a similarly-paced recovery plan and looks forward to running a marathon in 3014.

Is this what you expected when Dodge was hired in 07?? If not, please, for the sake of this program, please stop lowering your expectations.

In response to the original question, yes, I believe the team will be better this upcoming season. The bar has been set low enough, it will not be hard to do. As to how much better, I really have no idea. I haven't seen anything yet to convince me that a 5-6+ win season is realistic. I guess you have to hope that the coaches are learning and the players are developing. I do believe that Todd Dodge will be a fantastic college coach at some time--I just don't know if it will be next year, or within his tenure at North Texas.

Honestly, I think we'll win 3-4 games next year.

Last year's team was bad enough to get blown out by a so-so MUTS team and good enough to hang with a pretty decent ASU team that had a lot to play for toward the end of the year.

I think Riley will be on the field a lot one way or another. The defense will be improved in its second year under Deloach.

Not a spectacular season, but expecting better than last year's carnage.

I don't think 4 wins is unrealistic. We seem to play at a sufficiently emotional level to beat WKU, have somehow managed to play competitively against ASU for the last 2 years, Ball State and Army will both have new coaches, and we seemed to be improving on defense towards the end of the season.

If we can get complete seasons out of Kyle Russo and Eddrick Gilmore, with Franklin, Cantly, or both coming on strong at DT, I think we will have the nucleus of a defensive line, and that should help contain and pressure the quarterback, something which we've been needing for a while. Another thing that could help a lot would be a good hire at special teams. We somehow have managed to let games get out of control starting with bad special teams play; an up and comer from D2 or FCS is needed here. Also, I think we'll get some good running from Montgomery and solid backup from James Hamilton.

However, Dodge needs not only to win at least 4 next season, but to have the team playing well whether win or lose. Otherwise, I think he'll start playing under more scrutiny from RV, perhaps being asked to dismiss any remaining assistant he brought from SLC. Just my opinion.

Edited by eulessismore