Ahh remember the days when Jaydub used to get banned?? And now he is the one banning people...!

Don't ban me,I was just pointing this funny and ironic fact out! :)

Funny story...not so much anymore. Take a closer look...

Non-UNT Sports

Abandon hope all ye who enter here

Forum Led by: illuvius32

Note that my name is no longer listed...Then, click here (if I learned anything, I learned that you don't upset the delicate sensibilities of North Texas' Most Untouchable Fan, FireHelmetJesus).

My reign of terror as a moderator of the Non-UNT Sports forum came to an involuntary end yesterday. Of course, neither Cerebus, nor Harry felt the need to give me the common courtesy of an email or a private message notifying me of such. They just let me log in and find that I couldn't unpin my pinned note at the top. Extra classy move, guys. It wasn't completely unexpected...and I'm almost relieved to not have to deal with the nasty PM's I've been getting lately...but a quick courtesy email with a brief explanation would have been nice. Then again, I've come to expect that sort of thing from the completely non-confrontational Harry and LoRo, and frankly, the vast majority of those who post here.

Ever since Harry started taking advertising dollars for this site, it has gone downhill. The crappy football and the drugs don't help...but there's a certain level of accepted anarchy we used to have here that is gone. Alot of the fun is gone. The Non-Sports Forum kinda became the only place for anarchy...and it got out of control because of the amount of pent up insanity that carried over from not being able to say what you want to say on the football board, etc. anymore. Well, that and the fact that politics is a no-win situation*.

Anyway, I came to the realization while tailgating the FIU game that, with exception to a select few (JohnDenver, SilverEagle, etc.), I can't even stand to be around 90% of the people I know from this board anymore...and thus, I'm done dealing with the majority of you in any aspect. I'll still read and occasionally post...I'm not leaving or anything (at least not after my 14+ day ban I'll get for this post is done)...but I've lost alot of respect for alot of people and, honestly, can't stand most of you either.

Adios, MoFo's...

* - By the way, Rick, et al., I'm thinking I'll be in Chicago watching the beginning of your worst nightmare Tuesday night...this "Liberal Motherf--ker", as one of you referred to me as, can't wait.

Note that my name is no longer listed...Then, click here (if I learned anything, I learned that you don't upset the delicate sensibilities of North Texas' Most Untouchable Fan, FireHelmetJesus).

My reign of terror as a moderator of the Non-UNT Sports forum came to an involuntary end yesterday. Of course, neither Cerebus, nor Harry felt the need to give me the common courtesy of an email or a private message notifying me of such. They just let me log in and find that I couldn't unpin my pinned note at the top. Extra classy move, guys. It wasn't completely unexpected...and I'm almost relieved to not have to deal with the nasty PM's I've been getting lately...but a quick courtesy email with a brief explanation would have been nice. Then again, I've come to expect that sort of thing from the completely non-confrontational Harry and LoRo, and frankly, the vast majority of those who post here.

Ever since Harry started taking advertising dollars for this site, it has gone downhill. The crappy football and the drugs don't help...but there's a certain level of accepted anarchy we used to have here that is gone. Alot of the fun is gone. The Non-Sports Forum kinda became the only place for anarchy...and it got out of control because of the amount of pent up insanity that carried over from not being able to say what you want to say on the football board, etc. anymore. Well, that and the fact that politics is a no-win situation*.

Anyway, I came to the realization while tailgating the FIU game that, with exception to a select few (JohnDenver, SilverEagle, etc.), I can't even stand to be around 90% of the people I know from this board anymore...and thus, I'm done dealing with the majority of you in any aspect. I'll still read and occasionally post...I'm not leaving or anything (at least not after my 14+ day ban I'll get for this post is done)...but I've lost alot of respect for alot of people and, honestly, can't stand most of you either.

Adios, MoFo's...

* - By the way, Rick, et al., I'm thinking I'll be in Chicago watching the beginning of your worst nightmare Tuesday night...this "Liberal Motherf--ker", as one of you referred to me as, can't wait.

You've posted a sob story before about never coming back.

You've posted a sob story before about never coming back.

Reading comprehension is a wonderful skill.

thus, I'm done dealing with the majority of you in any aspect. I'll still read and occasionally post...I'm not leaving or anything (at least not after my 14+ day ban I'll get for this post is done)...

My reign of terror as a moderator of the Non-UNT Sports forum came to an involuntary end yesterday. Of course, neither Cerebus, nor Harry felt the need to give me the common courtesy of an email or a private message notifying me of such.
me and greendozer were actually discussing the oddity of you now doing the ban's. don't forget about the illustrious illuvious

Anyway, I came to the realization while tailgating the FIU game that, with exception to a select few (JohnDenver, SilverEagle, etc.), I can't even stand to be around 90% of the people I know from this board anymore.

no more free ribs for you

Edited by Sound_Man

Adios, MoFo's...

I take from this that your no longer a moderator on the board and that it's somehow my fault for pointing out the double standards? If that's the case then fine, trash me but leave others out of your rants. This has been typical for you in the past and speaks to your nature, afterall, your the individual who bagged on one of our older, all-time great fans and previous Ulys Knight Spirit award winners simply because he attended football games(when he could) but could rarely attend any of the basketball games due to his job, all while you yourself admittedly were not going to class OR working. The fact is you should have never been allowed to moderate in the first place because of the double standard in which you moderated by. I imagine anyone else would have considered it an honor to have been chosen to be a moderator on this board, if even for a short time because I and so many others hold Harry and Lorenzo in such high regard. The work they have done here on this board for us and this university over the past 12 years stands on it's own merit, and to even be considered by either would have made anyone else proud. But not you. To you, their "Classless". And I noticed that you referenced that hateful and "nasty" "M---R F---R" P.M. you recieved for a second time now here on the board despite the fact that the person who sent that to you felt bad for sending it and has since given you a personal apology for it in which you accepted. And I agree, it was uncalled for and I told the individual so. But from this we take it that when someone has done you wrong and admits it then their apologies can be expect to be continually thrown back in their faces. Again, this shouldn't surprise anyone at all with you and I doubt it does.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

SAD...had no idea you were so mad. If you really "can't stand" other MEAN GREEN NATION members, I truly feel sorry for you. I have been "dissed" or "trashed" or simply made "fun of" on this board as often as anyone, and folks do disagree with me from time to time...IMAGINE THAT..., but I would never call them the names you seem to be calling folks and I would certainly never want to distance myself from them. Stuff on this board is just that, stuff, I enjoy posting on this board and think others do too. You simply cannot take it as personal as you seem to be taking it. Yes, I get some interesting PM's too, but probably not as "interesting" as yours as I am not now nor do I ever want to be a moderator...tough and thankless job if you ask me...bless those who will endure the agony of doing so for the good of the rest of us mere mortals...

Sorry to see you go...I hope you will not "stay gone" and I hope you will find some time away as reflective time to think about whether you really "can't stand" other Mean green nation members or whether you are simply a bit "put out" with some for the moment.

Don't abandon ship!!!! There will be calm seas and follwing winds again!