Students: Use Your Cellphone

Zeke

I ahve been told one way in which the opposition is voting is the use of iphones or other internet enabled cellphones. They just find someone who will support their evil cause, and get them to sign in to their phone and vote.

So students - use your phone, bookmark the page, and go get 'em. Wonder if a young college girl would be effective in getting a few votes?

A piping hot, right-to-your-door, oozing with 4 kinds of cheese leader who can make the trains run on time?

If this vote fails it may mean the end of our football program. Title IX works both ways. If football is dropped many women's sports will have to be eliminated for male gender equity. I can only hope that saner heads will prevail and that at the very least our athletic dept. can be funded to a level to give our athletes the opportunity to compete. A no vote says NT wishes to forever remain perceived as a large community college with no self worth. The quest for Tier 1 status will also be gone. It will be time for "Gutless Gretchen" to depart as well leaving behind an institution unable to take its rightful place as a leading university.

I ahve been told one way in which the opposition is voting is the use of iphones or other internet enabled cellphones. They just find someone who will support their evil cause, and get them to sign in to their phone and vote.

So students - use your phone, bookmark the page, and go get 'em. Wonder if a young college girl would be effective in getting a few votes?

WAIT.

Isn't that basically the same as herding people to voting computer labs and telling them to vote "NO"?

I'm also worried that if this kills football the rest of NT athletics will probably go too. I really think that our student athletes deserve a chance to compete at the collegiate level AND under scholarship.

Edited by meangreendork

Guest GrayEagleOne

I used to think that DG and Adler were perhaps a little over the top in their criticism of lack of leadership in our fine university. Now I agree. The future of UNT has been handed to students, some who have been on campus less than a semester, and with no leadership or guidance to even speak out what they (the administration) think is best for this university.

If this vote fails the university will lose millions of dollars and thousands of students. That is what happened to UTA and I believe that North Texas has further to fall. It will be a community/commuter college because our leadership is structuring/has structured it that way. Distance learning and commuter parking get more attention than do athletics. Let's see how much those future alumni give back to the school.

I would not be experimenting with a new type of voting on an issue as important as this. Just as there are hackers and spies invading our personal computers there will be fraudelent usage in voting. I fear some will find a way to cheat just for the challenge. Apparently there has already been coertion near polling stations. The SGA needs to make sure that the results are as fair and true as is humanly possible.

This is why online voting should never be used.. Make them come to the office to cast a ballot. That way there is no confusion, or balloting going on the fritz. This is a disaster waiting to happen.

exactly!

I was saying this on the other board. Too many issues that happen. If there are rules to what you can and can't do at a polling station then everything that has internet access is a polling station and we have already heard of rules being broken for that. Until now grad students and hospitality students couldn't even vote online making it unfair and more difficult for their voice to be heard. The polling stations need to be monitored. SGA really messed up on allowing this for the sake of more votes.

Edited by Travis

Guest GrayEagleOne

I used to think that DG and Adler were perhaps a little over the top in their criticism of lack of leadership in our fine university. Now I agree. The future of UNT has been handed to students, some who have been on campus less than a semester, and with no leadership or guidance to even speak out what they (the administration) think is best for this university.

If this vote fails the university will lose millions of dollars and thousands of students. That is what happened to UTA and I believe that North Texas has further to fall. It will be a community/commuter college because our leadership is structuring/has structured it that way. Distance learning and commuter parking get more attention than do athletics. Let's see how much those future alumni give back to the school.

I would not be experimenting with a new type of voting on an issue as important as this. Just as there are hackers and spies invading our personal computers there will be fraudelent usage in voting. I fear some will find a way to cheat just for the challenge. Apparently there has already been coertion near polling stations. The SGA needs to make sure that the results are as fair and true as is humanly possible.

If this vote fails, my other alma mater, TCU, is getting all my time, attention, and money.

Go Horned Frogs!

Agree. If this vote fails and athletics diminishes then UNT will truly become more of a disassociated place from it's alums. There will be few reasons for alums to give back or come back to Denton. The students who vote for the fee to fail and also voting for UNT eventually to fail too. :(

Edited by NT80

Oh, Ye of little faith....chill folks...the vote will pass! Everyone will soon know the results....ACRORN can't steal this one.....I, too, am a bit anxious as the "anti" crowd is rather vocal these days and seems to be pulling out some rather questionable tactics. But, that is probably because they know they will lose if they don't, in effect, cheat. Isn't that sad? But, the "pro" vote will prevail and the stadium vote will pass. Most of us on this board cannot vote and cannot "influence" the election one way or the other. It is something neither you nor I can control...so, just relax a bit and enjoy the ride. We should all know sometime later tomorrow.

Then, maybe we can all start talking about the positive things going on with UNT and UNT Athletics. Lots of folks are missing all the good going on because they are so wound up in all the "stuff" they really don't know that much about. It's amazing how rumor and speculation can "win the day" for so many people...just where is Joe McCarthy when you need a good commie hunter?????? Surely evil is lurking behind every stone and tree on the UNT campus....NOT!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!

If this vote fails, my other alma mater, TCU, is getting all my time, attention, and money.

Go Horned Frogs!

if it does not pass...i will still support the Mean Green ..but only as a FCS D1-AA team...

i can not take another 10 years of butt kickings in D1 if we will not have the financial support of the school..ie stadium..

bring on SFA and Texas St.

Edited by RETSO

if it does not pass...i will still support the Mean Green ..but only as a FCS D1-AA team...

i can not take another 10 years of butt kickings in D1 if we will not have the financial support of the school..ie stadium..

No way will I support a drop to 1-AA, been there done that. If this university and it's current students will not support a 1-A program and facilities then it can go that road alone.... and become the next UTA. :angry:

Edited by NT80

FFWing..."aaand there they go up to FBS!!!"

"Who's next? Dallas Baptist...bring it biatches!"

This isn't the first time voting has been online, nor the first time there have been glitches.

IF everywhere with internet access is off-limits for discussion, they couldn't talk their roommates into voting at home, either. The cellphone voting idea is a valid, though stupid and non-secure, method of getting more votes.

Plus I doubt a few motivated "no" voters could get enough votes on their phones to swing the election. As long as the site is fixed today or early tomorrow, the initiative should pass.

Oh, Ye of little faith....chill folks...the vote will pass! Everyone will soon know the results....ACRORN can't steal this one.....I, too, am a bit anxious as the "anti" crowd is rather vocal these days and seems to be pulling out some rather questionable tactics. But, that is probably because they know they will lose if they don't, in effect, cheat. Isn't that sad? But, the "pro" vote will prevail and the stadium vote will pass. Most of us on this board cannot vote and cannot "influence" the election one way or the other. It is something neither you nor I can control...so, just relax a bit and enjoy the ride. We should all know sometime later tomorrow.

Then, maybe we can all start talking about the positive things going on with UNT and UNT Athletics. Lots of folks are missing all the good going on because they are so wound up in all the "stuff" they really don't know that much about. It's amazing how rumor and speculation can "win the day" for so many people...just where is Joe McCarthy when you need a good commie hunter?????? Surely evil is lurking behind every stone and tree on the UNT campus....NOT!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!

Two things:

1)ACORN has nothing to do with this issue. I'm sure you already knew that, I don't assume you to be that dense, and the fact that you keep throwing this into your every thread gives me tired head.

2)You're the same person who predicts a Mean Green win every single weekbut can't quite explain why. Your posts seem to be a bad omen so stop. :lol:

Two things:

1)ACORN has nothing to do with this issue. I'm sure you already knew that, I don't assume you to be that dense, and the fact that you keep throwing this into your every thread gives me tired head.

2)You're the same person who predicts a Mean Green win every single weekbut can't quite explain why. Your posts seem to be a bad omen so stop. :lol:

I feel sorry for you Emmitt, you'll never know what it means to be a real fan - blind devotion is the true badge of courage.