Stadium Update

UNTflyer

I just met with athletic director Rick Villarreal, and he gave me the OK to send this out.

Tomorrow, during halftime of the Tulsa game, there will be a very special video presentation regarding the new football stadium. There will also be flyers, pictures, and a scale model of the stadium concept in the tent area near the band stage.

Keep in mind, specific details are still being worked out on the final design with HKS, but the concept model is a fair representation of the final product.

This thing kicks of for real TOMORROW! So come out and take a look and cheer on the team.

I just met with athletic director Rick Villarreal, and he gave me the OK to send this out.

Tomorrow, during halftime of the Tulsa game, there will be a very special video presentation regarding the new football stadium. There will also be flyers, pictures, and a scale model of the stadium concept in the tent area near the band stage.

Keep in mind, specific details are still being worked out on the final design with HKS, but the concept model is a fair representation of the final product.

This thing kicks of for real TOMORROW! So come out and take a look and cheer on the team.

alright...my football weenie is going crazy again.... now we're talking...

So the pictures they show of the stadium will it be the same ones that F&S did a few years back or are they what HKS did but there are still minor changes being made to the HKS designs?

The pictures... well, we've seen them. Most students have not. But the model is different and it looks AWESOME!

And I think you guys will be very impressed with the video.

So the pictures they show of the stadium will it be the same ones that F&S did a few years back or are they what HKS did but there are still minor changes being made to the HKS designs?

My money is still on that HKS will do their own design. Again, its going to have similiarities like number of seats, which way it's oriented on the site, etc. But a firm like HKS is not going ot just take some other firms design, and just "tickle and tweek" the design and put their name on it. I would REALLY hope that UNT, in addition to a Tent and a video on the scoreboard will then officially have a press release and dedicate a webpage for this project to really start moving this forward.

Nobody on the board is trying to turn this into bad news. This makes me feel a little, um, disoriented.

I can start.

What the heck man!! We are getting a new stadium but its only 35K capacity!! We need to look to the future of this program!! We need to think bigger! This is too small!! This is crap!! It is true that NT does not want to compete with the big boys!!

I spoke with Rick for about an hour and a half about the stadium, the students, the proposed fee, etc.

After this meeting, I am more confident than ever that this thing is going to be built. There is a plan, it is moving forward, and it will succeed.

If you saw the model, is it based on the photo's we've seen or a somewhat different design? Can't wait to see it.

Previous photos in donor campaign brochure....

http://incipientstage.20megsfree.com/images/img_1837.jpg

http://incipientstage.20megsfree.com/images/img_1836.jpg

http://incipientstage.20megsfree.com/images/img_1839.jpg

Edited by NT80