The Mean Green Defense Will Rise To The Challenge Vs Navy...

FirefightnRick

There's just something about this matchup I feel good about. This will be the game that Coach's Mendoza, Lacroix, Drake, Peterson and Rausch get Montey and company to step it up a notch. This is the Mean Green defenses' pivotal turning-point game. We match up well with Navy's speed on the ground and our senior safety Aaron Weathers will be the key to keeping the numbers in our favor during matchups.

Rick

How much will this game come down to ball control? North Texas needs a little ball control of its own, avoiding three and out possessions because Navy would love to keep it for six, seven, eight minutes at a time. It will be critical to not leave the defense out there all day to get beaten down by that Navy running game.

I'm optimistic. Big crowd, team rallying around the coaches, and a chance to shake off a season of frustration against a very legitimate opponent. It's a great opportunity to make a statement.

How much will this game come down to ball control? North Texas needs a little ball control of its own, avoiding three and out possessions because Navy would love to keep it for six, seven, eight minutes at a time. It will be critical to not leave the defense out there all day to get beaten down by that Navy running game.

I'm optimistic. Big crowd, team rallying around the coaches, and a chance to shake off a season of frustration against a very legitimate opponent. It's a great opportunity to make a statement.

No question. North Texas will need to try and keep the Navy offense on the bench. They are so precise with their option attack. Watching them several times this year, it is amazing how few times Navy punts the ball during a game. That offense is potent. My worst fear is NT having several 3 and outs, and then having the Navy offense run the clock, wear down the defense, and score at will. Playing from behind against an offense that can control the clock the way Navy can is a very difficult task. We will have to come out firing on all cylinders.

1200 tailgate tickets? Where are they going to tailgate?

This NAVY sponsored tailgate is not cheap. I believe 20 bucks per person. My father in law (USNA grad) tried to get me to go to this but that is a little to pricey for our family right now. I'm sure the food will be first class however. To answer your question I'm not sure where it will be set up but I can find out.

Edited by Stan R

There's just something about this matchup I feel good about. This will be the game that Coach's Mendoza, Lacroix, Drake, Peterson and Rausch get Montey and company to step it up a notch. This is the Mean Green defenses' pivotal turning-point game. We match up well with Navy's speed on the ground and our senior safety Aaron Weathers will be the key to keeping the numbers in our favor during matchups.

Rick

FFR I sure hope you are right...I would love to see the d step up and just dominate. There is nothing better to me than when a defense just lays the wood to the opposing offense. The d has to be able to shut down the seconary..that is my concern. But I am no coach, but I am the son of a coach and only played a little ball. I think the key to winning this game will be defensive stops to give the offense a chance to score points. Go Green, send those sailors back cryin'.

i went to the notre dame/navy game last weekend and let me say, it's going to be tough to stop navy. real tough. they just seem to get positive yards on every play. they will just grind out 3-5 yards every play mixed in with 10-15 yard runs. and they have a knack of completing passes when they need to. they didn't turn the ball over against the irish but i think they have in other games. that will be the key because i will be surprised if we can stop them.

on the other side they have a weak pass rush but the notre dame quarterback got too comfortable in the first half with so much time and held onto the ball too long in the second half. their pass defense is pretty bad too but the irish couldn't make them pay. missed wide open receivers or dropped balls on numerous occasions.

navy kicker is really shaky. missed an xp and would have missed another if not for a penalty.

vizza has to be on his game. can't hold onto the ball too long. we have to get turnovers and make big plays. we should be able to move the ball on them as well. field goals won't do.

sorry, i can't predict a win. navy just too efficient on offense. but i bet it's highly entertaining.

slhNavy91,

Welcome to the GoMeanGreen.com board. Thanks for stopping by.

The patrons of this board are proud to have the U.S. Naval Academy in town for a game.

We hope you have a good time at historic Fouts Field, but not good enough to leave with a victory.

Again welcome to the board. Please stop back and post even after this Saturday's game.

slhNavy91,

Welcome to the GoMeanGreen.com board. Thanks for stopping by.

The patrons of this board are proud to have the U.S. Naval Academy in town for a game.

We hope you have a good time at historic Fouts Field, but not good enough to leave with a victory.

Again welcome to the board. Please stop back and post even after this Saturday's game.

Thanks for the warm welcome to your board. I won't be in Denton, but it sounds like y'all will be great hosts.