Stadium Construction

ADLER

0005(11).jpg

Here's a photo of Central Florida's new stadium. One end is nearly complete.

The stadium is designed to give as many fans as possible the best view possible, and of course, the press boxes and the cocktail suites are placed behind the fans where they belong.

Central Florida will open the new stadium with a game against the Texas Longhorns and is currently negotiating series with several other premier programs.

The stadium is designed to give as many fans as possible the best view possible, and of course, the press boxes and the cocktail suites are placed behind the fans where they belong.

Central Florida will open the new stadium with a game against the Texas Longhorns and is currently negotiating series with several other premier programs.

Me no likey.

And why do you say the cocktail suites belong behind the fans? I like the idea of the suites being below the upper deck above the fans in the lower deck. I do not see why the cocktail suites need to be farther away from the field. Something like:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...HPND_en___US206

I like it. Yes sure, it is basically glorified bleachers, but who cares? You're right next to the field, all sides connected, and it is new. Bravo UCF. Bravo. :clapping:

Did I mention they are hosting U FREAKING T? Hellooooo?

Edited by Stan R

Yes, the new stadium helps, but think about this. You are UT and you want to make a precense in the Florida recruiting hotbed. You can play Florida State, Florida, U or Miami or UCF. Who would you want to play? FSU, UF and UofM are not "guaranteed wins" but UCF might be.

Yes, the new stadium helps, but think about this. You are UT and you want to make a precense in the Florida recruiting hotbed. You can play Florida State, Florida, U or Miami or UCF. Who would you want to play? FSU, UF and UofM are not "guaranteed wins" but UCF might be.

Probably will not be a game that UCF fans will want to remember as the first game in their new stadium. The 'Horns will crush them.

I like it. Yes sure, it is basically glorified bleachers, but who cares? You're right next to the field, all sides connected, and it is new. Bravo UCF. Bravo. :clapping:

Agree...I would take a glorfied bleacher stadium that looks like that ANY DAY over the MONSTROSITY that is Fouts Field!!! :disgust:

Actually, I will miss 'ol Fouts when she (he, it, whatever...) is gone...

The Horns are coming out to El Paso in 2008 to play UTEP.

To be honest with you I dont mind sitting in true end zone seats. I think it gives you a unique prospective of the game and at time would prefer to be in an end zone versus the sideline. Now that being said End Zone seats that are in Cooke county when the game is being in played in Denton is not a good seat and would not be a choice to sit in.

To be honest with you I dont mind sitting in true end zone seats. I think it gives you a unique prospective of the game and at time would prefer to be in an end zone versus the sideline. Now that being said End Zone seats that are in Cooke county when the game is being in played in Denton is not a good seat and would not be a choice to sit in.

The view from watching a game in the end zone seats makes me think I'm playing XBOX :lol:

0005(11).jpg

How much did it cost them?

How many seats?

I remember when we played Florida State in Tallahassee (Fry Era) when the Voice of the Mean Green, ie, Bill Mercer described the Seminoles stadium as mostly aluminum.

You play UCF for the guaranteed win in the Florida recruiting hotbed.

I'm from Florida, and I'm a 9-year Texan. I'm also a military brat and have lived in many places... Texas and Florida are the two best football states at both high school and college levels.

How much did it cost them?

How many seats?

It's going to open at 45000 and is expected to expand to 65000. Estimates said it would cost 40-45 but looks closer to 65 million now. I really do like he look but the whole thing is built from aluminum sections like our end zones just with a much nicer facade.