Soonerfans.com Football Board

chrisfisher

Here is but a sample of the comedic, yet harsh comments regarding the SBC, UNT, the Sunbelt, and others. You'd think after getting bitch-slapped by little ole' Boise State, they have some humility....not. I hope we whip their arse, or at the very least, embarrass the hell out of them on their own home field with a close game.

Example post:

North Texas fans are crazy as road lizards! They are going nutso over this high school coach they just hired. If you go to their sad message board, they are lauding their commitments like they're the second coming of Billy Sims and Adrian Peterson. It's really sad......but, it's also funny. One guy decommitted yesterday so he could play baseball and football at...Texas State, a I-AA school. UNT doesn't have a baseball program. So, this kid had two offers - Texas State and UNT. Ace recruiting this high school coach is providing, I tell ya.

Personally, I'd have picked Texas State even without baseball due to the hot babe factor down in San Marcos. I mean, what's the difference, you get whipped at UNT or you get whipped at Texas State. Hell, 10 years ago they were both in the same crappy I-AA conference anyway. Aside from Troy State, the Sun Belt ain't much of a step up from the Southland Conference or whatever it is Texas State plays in.

The link to the thread can be found here.

The bigger discussion should be "who gives a flying "f" what Sooner fan thinks?" If we're so "beneath" this poster and so inconsequential then why is he on our board reading our threads and following our recruiting? Somebody should put something in this guy's mouth and shut him up - I would but my zipper is stuck.

Edited by GMoney

What does Stoops think of those OU internet morons? He is closing practice to them so they can't critique the new QBs.....

February 2, 2007

OU closing ranks this spring

Normally, spring football doesn't rate very high on my radar. But this is an interesting decision from the Oklahoma camp. Turns out coach Bob Stoops has decided to close most spring practices to the public and media. The only chance fans have to see their Sooners in a relaxed setting will (possibly) be scrimmages on March 14 and 31 and, of course, the spring game on April 7. That will be televised by ESPN, by the way.

Now, I heard that Stoops was considering this for some time, so the actual announcement wasn't that big a surprise. But does the average OU fan have a problem with Stoops' decision?

If you think about it, OU will have a major quarterback battle coming with three players who essentially have no Division I-A experience. I can see Stoops' thinking; let's let them actually learn the plays before the media/public starts criticizing them. I've got no problem with that. Why let Internet chatterheads tear these guys apart long before the games actually count?

But spring football is relaxed and -- for die hards -- fun. Fans who come to spring football and August two-a-days may not be able to afford game tickets. It's as close to the Sooners they can get. Cut those people out, and you're cutting out the heart and soul of your fan base.

Here is but a sample of the comedic, yet harsh comments regarding the SBC, UNT, the Sunbelt, and others. You'd think after getting bitch-slapped by little ole' Boise State, they have some humility....not. I hope we whip their arse, or at the very least, embarrass the hell out of them on their own home field with a close game.

Example post:

North Texas fans are crazy as road lizards! They are going nutso over this high school coach they just hired. If you go to their sad message board, they are lauding their commitments like they're the second coming of Billy Sims and Adrian Peterson. It's really sad......but, it's also funny. One guy decommitted yesterday so he could play baseball and football at...Texas State, a I-AA school. UNT doesn't have a baseball program. So, this kid had two offers - Texas State and UNT. Ace recruiting this high school coach is providing, I tell ya.

Personally, I'd have picked Texas State even without baseball due to the hot babe factor down in San Marcos. I mean, what's the difference, you get whipped at UNT or you get whipped at Texas State. Hell, 10 years ago they were both in the same crappy I-AA conference anyway. Aside from Troy State, the Sun Belt ain't much of a step up from the Southland Conference or whatever it is Texas State plays in.

The link to the thread can be found here.

If my memory serves me correctly, we were Big West Conference mates with that crappy football school called Boise State 10 years ago. LOL!! What bitter losers! Let's give those has beens a game next Fall!

The bigger discussion should be "who gives a flying "f" what Sooner fan thinks?" If we're so "beneath" this poster and so inconsequential then why is he on our board reading our threads and following our recruiting? Somebody should put something in this guy's mouth and shut him up - I would but my zipper is stuck.

Hey Gmoney... good point.. I hadn't thought about that...Why are they on our "inconsequential board?" Perhaps they are checking us out because they are a bit nervous about losing to another mid major team that is "beneath them." I think that board would shut down for a year this time if we pulled off a win or a close game.

Who gives a flying F what Sooner Nation thinks? About the only time I ever root for them is when they play the Horns.

Last I checked a school we have an all time winning record against beat them in one of the greatest games I've ever seen.

Will they probably win? Sure, I'm not an idiot. But they're the last school that should be talking noise like that.

Remember BSU...or TCU...or that ass whipping that USC gave them...or KSU a few years ago.

Please... :lol:

QEYVSVJHURHIBCP.20070102194820.jpg

UH......WHERE DA BALL, JEDTHRO???

Rick

WOULD THAT BE, JEDTRHO BODINE, FFR?!?!?!?! :lol:

You know, there are just some not as fortunate as to say they were born in Texas, reared in Texas and........never had to leave Texas to get a decent job. I've heard strong rumors that suggest some have to actually leave their own home states to come to Texas to get jobs. Could that rumor really possibly be true?:rolleyes:

Still amazes me how many have to come to Texas to get a job; that's OK (I suppose) as long they don't start telling us Texans how to run, uh, Texas, right? B)

PS: Do OU'ers know just how well we've played against Boise St. in the past with our winning several times against the Broncs'? :o

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

WOULD THAT BE, JEDTRHO BODINE, FFR?!?!?!?! :lol:

You know, there are just some not as fortunate as to say they were born in Texas, reared in Texas and........never had to leave Texas to get a decent job. I've heard strong rumors that suggest some have to actually leave their own home states to come to Texas to get jobs. Could that rumor really possibly be true?:rolleyes:

Still amazes me how many have to come to Texas to get a job; that's OK (I suppose) as long they don't start telling us Texans how to run, uh, Texas, right? B)

PS: Do OU'ers know just how well we've played against Boise St. in the past with our winning several times against the Broncs'? :o

As soon as we finish plugging up the talent pipeline which for several decades has been leaving Texas by way of I-35 North, that little outpost will finally dry up and have to make it all on their own. I think we've recently made the first step in the right direction.

We need to forget about building the great wall of mexico over the rio grande, it needs to go over the red river. You can take the sooner out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the sooner.

You wanna hear something that'll put all their sniping and grumbling in perspective? They won't allow new memberships on that board! :lol: Apparently they still get quite a few people who remind them of just how badly they got their asses handed to them by Boise and they want to close off their sandbox so that only their kin and play in it. Their board looks a little something like this:

gbr0013.jpg

OU's fans bashing us means only 1 thing, they are somewhat scared. A couple of years ago , they couldn't care less what was going on down here in Denton. Now they see that they may have another Texas threat in the years to come. Im not predicting a win by any means this year , but OU has not fared well over the past few seasons versus non-BCS schools. Give TD some time and then Ill roll the dice

2005 vs. TCU Lost 10-17

vs. Tulsa Won 31 -15

2006 vs. UAB Won 24-17 ( could have easily lost to this very average team )

vs. BSU Lost 42 -43

As soon as we finish plugging up the talent pipeline which for several decades has been leaving Texas by way of I-35 North, that little outpost will finally dry up and have to make it all on their own. I think we've recently made the first step in the right direction.

You are exactly right. And UNT, as the last big dog before the RR, should be manning the gate.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: What is good for the Sooners is bad for Texas college football.

Zero-U is of the devil. 24-7. ;)

On a previous thread everyone was dissing DD because he openly said we would not win against BCS schools like UT and OU. All this talk of "I'm not saying were going to win" from everyone sounds a little like DD. If we (the die hard fans) don't support the team and believe they can win it wont happen. Everyone talk to seems to think OU is going to blow next year and I think the MEAN GREEN are going to want to make a statement. If the mean green come out to play and play they're hardest till the end anything can happen.

SEND THEIR RECRUITERS BACK TO THE RESERVATION !

Anyone know what a Sooner is?

They are cheaters. These are the people who snuck out and claimed land before the designated start during the OK. land rush.

Now what kind of idiot or idiots, I ask, names your schools mascot after a group of deceitful, low life, selfish, inconsiderate classless jerks?

The answer....drumroll please, The university of oklahomo.

Anyone know what a Sooner is?

They are cheaters. These are the people who snuck out and claimed land before the designated start during the OK. land rush.

Now what kind of idiot or idiots, I ask, names your schools mascot after a group of deceitful, low life, selfish, inconsiderate classless jerks?

The answer....drumroll please, The university of oklahomo.

Sooners were cheaters on a land grab........which the government set up originally by grabbing it away from the Indians.

The signal for the "land grab" to start was a shotgun. Which I'm guessing is the reason that they have that group of guys that shoot off the shotguns as part of the grand entrance by the Sooner Band. I don't understand why the shotgun signal is part of their tradition, since the "Sooners" had already jumped the gun anyway.

And I'm sure that the Sooners are responsible for that expression too.

Edited by SilverEagle