Stadium On The Way Soon

good_ken

Good assessment, Lifer...

actually it would distrubing at best if their $1.5 mil donation went to some consulting group. UNT has spent ALOT of TIME and money looking into this.

New conference possibities

I-35 expansion

Decrypted conditions at Fouts

Inability to host better oponents

All of these are legitimate reasons that REQUIRE us to build our new stadium

This has been on RV's table for quite sometime, whatever the reason. Something is on the table but it is being closley guarded and kept from the public.

:huh: ... :lol:

Care to predict the next hurricane to hit Denton?

:lol:

[/quote

Im pretty sure that everyone on the board knows that the hurricane blurbs are just in good fun and are not realistic, actually like I said before, an inside joke that took place several years ago with some friends who posted on the board. Then it kinda took off from there.

But I guess with slower-minded people, it takes them a bit more time to figure those things out.

Also why do I get the feeling that when you were going to school you were being driven around in one of those smaller school buses...

Im pretty sure that everyone on the board knows that the hurricane blurbs are just in good fun and are not realistic, actually like I said before, an inside joke that took place several years ago with some friends who posted on the board. Then it kinda took off from there.

But I guess with slower-minded people, it takes them a bit more time to figure those things out.

Also why do I get the feeling that when you were going to school you were being driven around in one of those smaller school buses...

You make it so easy to p_report.gif. I've always wondered what happens when I "push the button". 39.gif

For the record I just want to say I stopped bashing him two months ago and all its done is encouraged him...

Edited by Quoner

If the ZGoldfields were willing to uderwrite an entire baseball program then they might have more money then we know about. The estimated start up costs for that projet are about $7 million and the underwriting costs would be in the area of $1.5 million a year to keep it afloat with minimal funds. I think that it was a smart move on RV's part to cultivate this relationship and make sure that the money went to a project that was needed first (in Phase Three rather then Phase Four) and wait until the right time to take the donation from this generous family.

After reading that, I believe that there are hige announcements on the horizon - we just might get that stadium after all!!!!! Fo anyone that has not given RV his props up until this point - shame on you... the man has been a huge saviour for the program. When RV retires, I hope that he is a first round ballot North Texas Hall of Famer. He has saved our program, heck - he has saved the entire department.

... just how much do you NOT think they have? Have you seen their house? Of course we don't know exactly how much they have, but when you spend $45 million on one of 5 houses they have more money than any of us on this board can even fathom.

We are very lucky to have their generosity and support on our side.

... just how much do you NOT think they have? Have you seen their house? Of course we don't know exactly how much they have, but when you spend $45 million on one of 5 houses they have more money than any of us on this board can even fathom.

We are very lucky to have their generosity and support on our side.

What has amazed many is the very impressive handful of the potential donors that UNT leaders identified a couple or so years back with any one of that group who could build us more than what we need with our eventual new football stadium at the Mean Green Village.

I think SMU had the right idea by getting about 4 Big Donors to take care of their new stadium needs with G. Ford being the largest contributor of that quartet of high rollers.

Say what you will, but there is a high roller out there with such an ego (coupled with a passion for what we are now doing with Mean Green football) as to where they will not mind at all their family name being on a college football stadium that would probably be the most visual collegiate stadium in the USA as far as the multi-thousands of daily commuters who will be passing by our football palace that will set between both I35-E and I35-W.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I think SMU had the right idea by getting about 4 Big Donors to take care of their new stadium needs with G. Ford being the largest contributor of that quartet of high rollers.

Say what you will, but there is a high roller out there with such an ego (coupled with a passion for what we are now doing with Mean Green football) as to where they will not mind at all their family name being on a college football stadium that would probably be the most visual collegiate stadium in the USA as far as the multi-thousands of daily commuters who will be passing by our football palace that will set between both I35-E and I35-W.

SMU has a historic past, I just don't know if we would be able to get a high profile donor like G. Ford. I hope I'm wrong and I'm not trying to insult our school history, but I just don't see us getting this huge 'T. Boone Pickens' type of donor to step up any time soon. Also, I thought it was a rule we couldn't raise the stadium through a student fee. I thought I remembered someone saying it had to be through private donations.

SMU has a historic past, I just don't know if we would be able to get a high profile donor like G. Ford. I hope I'm wrong and I'm not trying to insult our school history, but I just don't see us getting this huge 'T. Boone Pickens' type of donor to step up any time soon. Also, I thought it was a rule we couldn't raise the stadium through a student fee. I thought I remembered someone saying it had to be through private donations.

I think the family in Denton County with a $40 million home already is on the Mean Green bandwagon and so that immediately discounts some theories typical of our school's past. A little more tweakin' of that relationship between the Goldfield's, UNT and....? :o

Mattress Mac (although he may be a USU fan albeit temporarily) still has deep pockets and he has even been quoted as saying (even after the black Unis'-Gate episode) that he will still be giving to "HIS" alma mater. Good ol' Houstonian Matt/Mac was a letterman under Hayden Fry's Mean Green in 1973 so all that would only make some sense in spite of all the other senseless (almost silly) situations of late with DD we could venture a guess; but we are also not putting all our eggs in MM's basket, either. NOTE: I'd bet one meeting with Todd Dodge in his Houston executive office and MM is back on board full speed ahead but even in a more positive sort of way.

Yet UNT will (for certain) have to leave its long gone "most humble teacher's college attitude" or its "we can't do "THAT" up here in little ol' Denton" mentality behind for anything of real substance to happen, but this is also not our father's or grandfather's same ol' UNT anymore either, now is it, for instance (and besides our boom growth on campus) there are now a..................

...............UNT Engineering School, UNT Law School (on the way very soon most now predict), UNT Health Science Center at Fort Worth, UNT-Dallas (which will one day be a free-standing university), 3, I repeat "three" separate $1 million plus donors to UNT Athletics in the last 3 years (including the Warranch Tennis Center dude and BTW, Mr. Warranch is a multi/multi/multi millionaire out in California whose pipeline is probably hardly empty for future athletic projects) and we still have Norm Miller of Interstate Batteries who is among our rich elite and this list can (impressively) just really go on and on but the best part of all this for UNT is: All these names among others are not just names on a list that gets shoved in some desk drawer to draw dust from those of our past most incapable of doing an effective fund-raising job with any of them, but rather these donors and potential donors have all been updated recently concerning the U of North Texas story and it seems (for the most part) that they are now more than willing to listen and seem to all like what they are hearing. (Totally amazing what a few staff adjustments and changes on our main campus can do for our dear ol' alma mater, now isnt' it--yet there probably needs to be a few more made to brighten our athletic future even more).

S M U historic past? Heck, their last (and only) national football championship was actually closer to an era when ranches and farms out here in Parker County were raided by Commanche and Kiowas than the present era. :blink: AND FWIW.................UNT has won 3 NCAA D1 Golf National Championships since the Stangs' won their football NC back in the 1930's. :)

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Good assessment, Lifer...

actually it would distrubing at best if their $1.5 mil donation went to some consulting group. UNT has spent ALOT of TIME and money looking into this.

New conference possibities

I-35 expansion

Decrypted conditions at Fouts

Inability to host better oponents

All of these are legitimate reasons that REQUIRE us to build our new stadium

This has been on RV's table for quite sometime, whatever the reason. Something is on the table but it is being closley guarded and kept from the public.

Aren't you a Masters student? I ask only because your grammar could use some work. Perhaps typing your responses in Word before pasting them here or using the latest version of Firefox could help you out. For someone with such insight into NT and the future of the athletic program, I want you to come through as the knowledgeable individual we all feel you are.

Aren't you a Masters student? I ask only because your grammar could use some work. Perhaps typing your responses in Word before pasting them here or using the latest version of Firefox could help you out. For someone with such insight into NT and the future of the athletic program, I want you to come through as the knowledgeable individual we all feel you are.

I am a matesrs sdeunt and I wlil be the fsirt to aimdt my gmaamrr and sinpellg are not ecatlxy up to par. :(

Edited by greenminer

2002 new stadium version:

http://www.unt.edu/golfcourseplans/imageas...newsstadium.jpg

2004-06 new stadium version and campaign:

https://www.nmnathletics.com/ViewArticle.db...p;ATCLID=113995

2007 new stadium (start over in design?); $ gift for planning:

"Athletics to use $1.5 million gift for planning new stadium

Denton County residents Shirley and Al Goldfield recently gave the Athletics Department $1.5 million — the largest monetary contribution the department has ever received.

The gift will be used primarily to develop a plan for a proposed stadium adjacent to the current Mean Green Athletics Center on the Eagle Point campus, according to Rick Villarreal, director of athletics."

Edited by NT80

newsstadium.jpg

There appears to be some good ideas in that design. It's seems designed with future expansion in mind, but I hope we go higher on the sides from the onset.

40,000 seats should be sufficient for the first phase, and with the right product on the field and the right game-day atmosphere, North Texas should have little trouble filling those seats.

newsstadium.jpg

There appears to be some good ideas in that design. It's seems designed with future expansion in mind, but I hope we go higher on the sides from the onset.

40,000 seats should be sufficient for the first phase, and with the right product on the field and the right game-day atmosphere, North Texas should have little trouble filling those seats.

40,000 should be the seating goal from the start, mostly sideline seats, and not in phases. Maybe 55,000 for the final phase, but 40K to begin with. This original (2002) stadium design was based on just the minimum 30K seating (because of NCAA minimum stadium size criteria back in 2002). It did include a ground-level walk-in feature with then upper and lower seating sections, like a sunken bowl, as opposed to decks.

Edited by NT80

Its a message board.....not a term paper, get a life.

It did include a ground-level walk-in feature with then upper and lower seating sections, like a sunken bowl, as opposed to decks.

Personally, I think that's the design UNT should use. Would be similar to AC in FW and Jones in Lubbuttock, and slap a couple upper decks and horseshoes on there, and you're up to 70K easily. :o:)

This is more than likely just a down payment by the Goldfields. Dr. Bataille has been out campaigning across the country and has received good feedback, especially after the hiring of TD. The Goldfields and many other wealthy boosters are finally being contacted by University personnel, and as you can see, NT is reaping the benefits.

Edited by UNT Mean Green

Stebo,

Al and Shirley have an insane amount of money. Last i heard he was still a consultant at Cellstar with a 6-7 figure salary.

Hell their house alone is $40M

Most every NCAA D1-A school in Texas has (thru the years) had their one (or two or three) Big Donor/Mega Bucks types.

Anyone else beginning to feel the Goldfields of Denton, Texas, America, might just turn out to be our$?

Seems someone with a Denton home appraised at $40 million (as the Goldfield's have), this family could probably shell out a several more million for our dear ol' alma mater, right? OR..............would we allow them to do such since that has hardly been our modus operendi in our glorious "we can't do "THAT"here at UNT" past? :rolleyes:

Thank the Lord, "the times are "finally" a-changin'" at our alma mater and the timing could not have been better. In fact, we seem to be on a roll of late with other very well timed changes. Hopefully even more are on the way. :)

Edited by PlummMeanGreen