Charlotte (1/20/24)

CMJ

28 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Village Pizzeria?  OMG!  Where do I start?

The Old Sicilian, aka DeepGreen, says that if you want to eat really good Italian food in New York City, I highly recommend Il Mulino (downtown location).   Be sure to bring lots of cash, or a high dollar credit card.

or...just pick up tomatoes, cheese, protein of your choosing and pasta (shape really doesn't matter)...the only four ingredients in every italian restaurant ever...and combine them in roughly a 1:1:2:2 ratio and save yourself hundreds.

put on a Louis Prima album if you need it to feel "authentic"

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • RV 2
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

6 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

or...just pick up tomatoes, cheese, protein of your choosing and pasta (shape really doesn't matter)...the only four ingredients in every italian restaurant ever...and combine them in roughly a 1:1:2:2 ratio and save yourself hundreds.

put on a Louis Prima album if you need it to feel "authentic"

OMG!  Such blasphemy!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

I think this is the first time in history that the reigning NIT champ is playing the reigning CBI champ.

It's also a former CBI champ playing another former CBI champ.

image.png.684b820922384bca02b5939e95fccebe.png

Edited by NT80
  • Upvote 6

7 hours ago, CMJ said:

Probably near a basketball gameday!  🙂  I feel like this is not the first time this has happened.  

So, this is really your parent’s fault for poor family planning. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

So, this is really your parent’s fault for poor family planning. 

Mom went into labor with my brother during the SMU/NT game in 1977.  She stayed till halftime before Pop convinced her they had to go to the hospital.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

Just now, CMJ said:

Mom went into labor with my brother during the SMU/NT game in 1977.  She stayed till halftime before Pop convinced her they had to go to the hospital.  

Dang. Here’s to your Mom

Baby Hat GIF

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Censored by Laurie said:

fun fact…if you just buy Welch’s grape juice and let it sit out in the Texas sun in August for three straight days it ferments into better wine than any Chianti ever made. 

Obviously you don’t know s hit about real Chianti wines.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

fun fact…if you just buy Welch’s grape juice and let it sit out in the Texas sun in August for three straight days it ferments into better wine than any Chianti ever made. 

I’m pretty sure this is what they serve as “house wine” at the downtown location of Il Mulino.

• Upvote 1

I feel like it's always tough to play in CLT. Hopefully Buggs is back, or if neither are playing that they got enough rest.

I like the AAC scheduling, it's nice they have an extra day between games. It must be brutal to play Thursday, fly out that night and play again Saturday, then fly out and be back in school Monday.

• Upvote 4

Charlotte's game thread:
https://forums.ninernation.net/t/2023-24-49er-mbb-game-18-charlotte-vs-north-texas-1-20-4-00-pm-espn/37301

Not much mention of UNT by name, but the awareness is there of how big a game this is. At least no one calling us NTSU or Meanie Greenies.

My favorite part of our 4-0 start to AAC play: every team we've beaten was already in the "superior" American Conference. Charlotte will be the first fellow CUSA refugee we battle.

• Upvote 3