What is Mean Green Nation’s opinion on Coach O?

I know that he’s a very polarizing individual, but I gotta say, I respect the work Coach O does. If you look at this tweet, the comments are just FILLED with players trying to get his attention. Idk how he does it, but he’s got a great connection with HS athletes. Anyone else have opinions to share on him?

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Love his effort.  Results are still up in the air.  We are not dominating in AAC recruiting to the level I expected or hoped at this point.

Dominating?  

What was it about the several years that preceded our entry into the American, or the step up in competition, that made you think we would show up and dominate in recruiting??

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, GoGreenBeans said:

I know that he’s a very polarizing individual, but I gotta say, I respect the work Coach O does. If you look at this tweet, the comments are just FILLED with players trying to get his attention. Idk how he does it, but he’s got a great connection with HS athletes. Anyone else have opinions to share on him?

What news is he referencing?

Also, I echo @Mean Green 93-98 above in asking, "How is he polarizing?"

Edited by UNTLifer

3 hours ago, GoGreenBeans said:

Idk how he does it, but he’s got a great connection with HS athletes.

You need to research his background. He ran “offertunity” camps for HS kids to get better scholarship opportunities.  For, what, 20 years? Not sure.  Hence his Twitter handle.

Polarizing- I remember some of the old faithful fans were offended by his tweets earlier in the year.

I don't even remember what it was over, but I saw one miserable fan from North Carolina complaining to Jarred Moseley via Twitter. What a beta move.

Edited by jtm0097
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, GMG24 said:

He is worth his weight in gold… he gets us in the home, it’s their job to finish.  A chance is all you can ask for. 

Yeah but I don’t see a big uptick in what we are landing unless I am missing something Seth had higher ranked players when he was the head guy.  We also have a lot of defections.

• Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

I think some of you are not recognizing the effect of NIL on recruiting.  It is difficult to compare past eras to now.  How much you pay trumps the personalities involved in recruiting. 

Sure. So start shedding roles that are deemed useless and/or ineffective. Funnel the money into other avenues that will build the program.

• Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Sure. So start shedding roles that are deemed useless and/or ineffective. Funnel the money into other avenues that will build the program.

Not sure what this has to do with the topic, the effectiveness of the coach. 

Your assumption or opinion is apparently he has not been effective.

My question based on what, being the players have not even played. 

4 hours ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Yeah but I don’t see a big uptick in what we are landing unless I am missing something Seth had higher ranked players when he was the head guy.  We also have a lot of defections.

Under Morris, we have signed 8 of our Top 25 highest rated recruits in one year.

We have a lot of defections because of the "NIL" that SL never had to deal with.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Tom McKrackin said:

They were ranked higher because when Seth was HC other P5's came in and offered kids then backed out late as they got other guys and kids keep their ranking.  Now with Portal guys aren't getting ranked as much or as high because they aren't gathering the 4-6 P5's once they don't get their guy.  I feel like 90% of our HS Signees we would not be able to get prior to the portal.  Time will tell, but this class is one of the more dynamic I believe that we have ever signed.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1