Contacted the DMN. Here's Their Response.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Personally, I think it's a very good response.  Whether or not this leads to actual change remains to be seen, but they have actually taken action.

So they say.  We shall see in a week.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:
I'm sorry we neglected to include UNT in our regional roundup Sunday. Our college sports editor, Jamie Hancock, has alerted the appropriate people on our production staff to ensure we include coverage of the Mean Green when the game ends before our deadline, which was not an issue in this case with a 1 p.m. start.

Please accept our apologies, and thank you for reading and subscribing to The Dallas Morning News.

Paula Luna
Office Manager
SportsDay
The Dallas Morning News

It is a B.S. response, but there you go.  I think if they felt enough pressure they might change.

It's a BS response!  You don't forget a D1 school right down the road but remember KU, Baylor, Ok St and other schools 100's of miles away!  They're so sorry about it, they followed up by not adding the summary they missed in today's paper.

Edited by GMoney
  • Upvote 7

58 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:
I'm sorry we neglected to include UNT in our regional roundup Sunday. Our college sports editor, Jamie Hancock, has alerted the appropriate people on our production staff to ensure we include coverage of the Mean Green when the game ends before our deadline, which was not an issue in this case with a 1 p.m. start.

Please accept our apologies, and thank you for reading and subscribing to The Dallas Morning News.

Paula Luna
Office Manager
SportsDay
The Dallas Morning News

It is a B.S. response, but there you go.  I think if they felt enough pressure they might change.

Good job Lifer!

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Paula Luna
Office Manager
SportsDay
The Dallas Morning News

I got the exact same response word for word from the same person. Won’t make a big difference, but maybe someone will doublecheck next time? And atleast they know someone cares.

• Upvote 3
  • Pissed 1

they should remember UNT if they can remember KU, Baylor, Ok State

They also probably feel zero pressure from a UNT fanbase.

We need to keep being vocal about these things.  Let them know that we intend to grow as a base, and will let them know they got caught sitting and twiddling their thumbs.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JT Hammons said:

She doesn't care about us. Heck Vito really doesn't give a care about us either really.  No one up there does anymore.  They got bought out.

Agree.  Vito needs put into the Portal!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

3 hours ago, MeanGreenZen said:

I got the exact same response word for word from the same person. Won’t make a big difference, but maybe someone will doublecheck next time? And atleast they know someone cares.

And this is why it was a B.S. response.  Just copy and paste, no thought or sincerity.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Pissed 1

29 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Fans should not have to intervene with the Dallas or Fort Worth Newspapers in something like the lack of coverage of UNT Sports.  Don't we have an Athletic Director that gets paid the big bucks?

I don't blame the AD.  They probably have tried over the years to no avail.  It's probably more about the DRC tuning them out.  Also, I forgot but the DRC I believe is owned by KERA Channel 113 I believe now so new management may be an issue.

• Upvote 1
  • RV 2

On 1/8/2024 at 3:06 PM, MeanGreenZen said:

At least they responded. While it may be a complete blow off  they are now aware that there are fans following UNT. Thanks for reminding them.

• Upvote 1