***OFFICIAL UNT vs NAVY in-Game Discussion***

Coach Andy Mac

16 hours ago, tmjerm said:

I actually respectfully, disagree.  I think Eric is a great coach.  Sure, he’s learning and sorting through shit from a HC perspective.  We, as a University and fanbase, just don’t provide the support necessary at the level we have to to achieve the success we expect.  We are cheap.  If you care, pay.  And don’t stop.  Because our competitors won’t stop.  This is a money game now more than ever.  But, we are a middle class school and that’s what we will get unless we decide to fight for it as a FANBASE.  Money is the key.  Do what you can guys.  Whatever it is.  I’d you want it to be different, find a way to give more.  I know that sounds sucky but it’s the truth. 

It isn't just about money and we need to stop using this excuse.  Seth and staff were near the top of CUSA for our entire time their.  They were tops in an least 2 years I looked up the data on.  Mac was well paid also.  Now if you talking about NIL, that is relatively brand new but I would agree with you.  But UTSA caught up and passed us without a stadium and paying their coach less than ours most of the time until they started winning big with their coaches earning extensions.  There are more examples than just UTSA they are just are closet neighbor that has done this.  There are no excuses for not being on par with programs we spend on par with.  We extended Seth the second time with this flawed logic.  Blindly throwing money at a coach without specific things that could uniquely help UNT Football has never been the answer.  Otherwise famously Mac (who didn't have good a Texas/OK/Arkansas/Lousisna high school recruiting network) would have worked here.  We probably needed to hire Mac as head coach and Dodge as OC for them to be successful here. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Edited by Meangreen Fight
  • Upvote 2