****OFFICIAL CAL va. UNT IN-GAME DISCUSSION***

Coach Andy Mac

1 minute ago, Greendylan said:

We will play 3-6 bad teams, and that will allow us to feel like we are a solid team.  We aren't.  Cal is a below average team that looked like a top-10 team.  They will finish in the bottom half of their conference, and if we finish near the top of our conference, then that will just show the P5-G5 disparity.  We might improve throughout the year, but regardless, the season story has been written: we are a bad team that will only beat really bad teams.

This team isn't even sniffing the top half of AAC. that game was dodgeball 2.0 (morrisball). Lovely if they surprise us, but I don't see how

• Upvote 2

Just now, Greendylan said:

I should also point out that it's OK, as others have pointed out, that we are a basketball school.  We can't afford to get enough players through NIL for a full football roster, but basketball is a little different.  That's simply the economic reality...

NIL will kill us bottom feeders. Any players that emerge in the cellars of the G5 will instantly get snatched up by bigger programs. Oh well….

• Upvote 2

I have never seen so much gloom and doom, yes it was bad but it will get better. The good thing is that we now finally have expectations of winning. When we don’t win we get pissed, good but we were the underdog, we played a good opponent from a better conference.  We are moving up the ladder and will continue to.  My grandmother used to say if it were easy everyone could do it, well it is not easy but we will do it, eventually.

• Upvote 7
  • RV 1
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, Cooke County Kid said:

I have never seen so much gloom and doom, yes it was bad but it will get better. The good thing is that we now finally have expectations of winning. When we don’t win we get pissed, good but we were the underdog, we played a good opponent from a better conference.  We are moving up the ladder and will continue to.  My grandmother used to say if it were easy everyone could do it, well it is not easy but we will do it, eventually.

cool story bro 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1

32 minutes ago, Cooke County Kid said:

This is one game, the first of the season, new coaches, players, systems etc.  it will get better.  The question is will it be enough.  

I touched on this when our schedule came out.  We will get better as the season progresses, but it will be just in time for the strongest opponents.  Don’t get your hopes up.  

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

Well . . . 

Other than the offensive line, defensive line, passing game, running game, and special teams we looked pretty good.

The facilities are great, and I especially like having my choice of seats in the second half.  That's a North Texas tradition we should keep.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Greendylan said:

We can't afford to get enough players through NIL for a full football roster, but basketball is a little different.  That's simply the economic reality...

Meanwhile G5 Texas State is giving P5 Baylor all they can handle in Waco. 28-13 at the half. 

• Upvote 1

Not a great start but what exactly did we expect? New HC. New OC. New DC (and a very different scheme!).

I expect we'll make significant improvement. Maybe go slightly under .500 in conference play. Still should get to 6-6. Great? No... Would we have played better w/ Littrell and his coordinators from last year? Most probably. But I do think Littrell had reached his ceiling here so no reason to dwell on what could be. Morris is our HC and he'll make us better.

GMG.

• Upvote 1
  • RV 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 2

3 minutes ago, Snowy said:

Not a great start but what exactly did we expect? New HC. New OC. New DC (and a very different scheme!).

Colorado showed us today what we should expect. In the era of portal and NIL the rules are entirely different.

Not saying we should emulate them, but change should produce positive results

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Greendylan said:

I should also point out that it's OK, as others have pointed out, that we are a basketball school.  We can't afford to get enough players through NIL for a full football roster, but basketball is a little different.  That's simply the economic reality...

1 minute ago, Snowy said:

I expect we'll make significant improvement. Maybe go slightly under .500 in conference play. Still should get to 6-6. Great? No... Would we have played better w/ Littrell and his coordinators from last year? Most probably. But I do think Littrell had reached his ceiling here so no reason to dwell on what could be. Morris is our HC and he'll make us better.

GMG.

It’s the same broken record every year. It’s the same pattern. It never changes. We never come out at the start of the season with any kind of credibility. We get a little better throughout the year, even beating a few lousy teams to make it seem like a decent year and something to build on. And then the new year begins and it starts all over. It’s BS. And people are getting rich putting on this crap show. 
We either lack the quality athletes needed to win or great coaching or both. 
Amazing what UTSA has accomplished in such a short period of time. Something we haven’t been able to do in 100 years. 
Maybe it’s time to pull the plug on this circus. 

1 hour ago, Got5onIt said:

SMU is breathing a sigh of relief they got out in time. NT just brings down conference prestige. We’re the unattractive friend that unexpectedly showed up to a dinner party. You’re hoping to pick up a lady quick and get the hell out of there. 

I don’t blame smu. After 53 years I’m starting to see us that very way myself. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Udomann said:

Colorado showed us today what we should expect. In the era of portal and NIL the rules are entirely different.

Not saying we should emulate them, but change should produce positive results

Eric morris is not Deion sanders. Deion is a very, very unique coach. 

I like many am more concerned about our general lack of competitiveness when we’re playing on national tv. When’s the last time we had a good showing to a national audience?

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, meanJewGreen said:

Eric morris is not Deion sanders. Deion is a very, very unique coach. 

I like many am more concerned about our general lack of competitiveness when we’re playing on national tv. When’s the last time we had a good showing to a national audience?

Arkansas, 2018.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

I brought 10+ people... 7 were not UNT affiliated... a few were p5 former athletes... im completely douchebaging embarrassed.  Every year I'm embarrassed.  I can accept a hard fought loss. But Jesus, can we have a competitive loss for once this decade. I'm venting/ranting. Please excuse this but I'm so irritated...

Did you offer them your flask?