****OFFICIAL CAL va. UNT IN-GAME DISCUSSION***

Coach Andy Mac

This AD hired a coach with 4 years of FCS head coaching experience - with a .500 record. One of those years, his OC and QB were all world and now is playing in the NFL. Then he went to WSU and bored their fandom into a nice slumber with a lackluster offense and crap football. The AD (especially) and some of the fans here were acting like this was an obvious hire and just set for success. We aren't out of this game, but we are pretty close to being blown out. The defense is bad, the offense only has a vertical play and the crowd is sparse. It's not a good look. 

Edit: All at home and with their backup QB playing. 

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin
  • Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt from A700 said:

I am upset but I'm not calling for a losing season yet. This was going to be the toughest game in the first half of our schedule. We'll likely be 2-1 against ACU, unfortunately it'll probably be with 10,000 people in the stands.

Agree. I'm just feeling a little less confident we will beat any of the "better teams like Memphis, SMU,UTSA, or Tulane

• Upvote 2

This was never going to be a run-first offense.  Hell, Littrell wasn’t a run-first offense when he came in.  Do y’all not remember his opening quote, “We’re gonna tee it high and let it fly!”  He had to adapt because we didn’t have a qb after Fine.  

that’s why you are seeing rb’s out wide now. They still are trying to incorporate them into the game.  

• Upvote 1

I watched Ark State get creamed by OU and it reminded me of that Dodge first game and how bad it was. But hey, at least it was against one of the most talented teams in the country. I guess. 

• Upvote 1