Our QB? Just over 3 weeks left

12 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Inside info?  Or just based on what we all know?

I have no inside info, but the fact they brought him in has to mean something.

Couple that with him being here for a couple years makes him the more sound choice. 

Ruder seems to have a better arm from what I've seen, but accuracy will definitely make a difference and I think Rogers takes the crown there. Same with mobility. Ruder can move, but Rogers seems more likely to have the Bean-esque explosive runs where Ruder would be good to get 15-20 in a pinch.

I've said it before, but based on his experience and QB's coached, I fully trust Morris to pick the best guy for the job and I'm glad he's doing his due diligence.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Ruder seems to have a better arm from what I've seen, but accuracy will definitely make a difference and I think Rogers takes the crown there. Same with mobility. Ruder can move, but Rogers seems more likely to have the Bean-esque explosive runs where Ruder would be good to get 15-20 in a pinch.

Watch Cam Ward at WSU. Rogers will likely be the pick. Ward averaged 6.5 yards per attempt last year, well below Aune's 8.6 yards per attempt last year. Ruder's arm fits the SL offense but if Ward is any indication, that's not what Morris wants. He wants mobility and short accurate passes. Ward did a good job of being able to keep plays alive to hit guys who broke loose while scrambling. I think Rogers is better suited for that.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Watch Cam Ward at WSU. Rogers will likely be the pick. Ward averaged 6.5 yards per attempt last year, well below Aune's 8.6 yards per attempt last year. Ruder's arm fits the SL offense but if Ward is any indication, that's not what Morris wants. He wants mobility and short accurate passes. Ward did a good job of being able to keep plays alive to hit guys who broke loose while scrambling. I think Rogers is better suited for that.

Agreed, I'm hoping our offense resembles more of the Mason Fine/Graham Harrell days. Seems to be leaning that way, but we still took plenty of shots down the field with Fine. He was just so damn good in the short/intermediate stuff

• Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Inside info?  Or just based on what we all know?

No inside info. 

Morris didn't bring Rogers here to be a backup. For him not get the QB1 job would mean he looked really bad in practice or Ruder totally outclassed him. I don't think either of those things have happened since Spring Ball. 

• Upvote 6

25 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

You’re probably right. I feel it should be Ruder but will be Rogers. They usually seem to have an unsaid “the job is yours” agreement with transfer quarterbacks.

If Rogers is the best, great. If he is given the job because Morris wants to show he was able to bring in a good transfer, then we have problems.

P.S. - Think it is between Rogers and Ruder, with Stone getting his special packages regardless of who starts.

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 2