Apogee main screen being dismantled?

3 hours ago, Tommy Gadberry said:

No I was told they are taking the main board down for good and putting smaller screens in the corners to replace.  They want to hqve the back patio of the AC center unobstructed.  That is the goal.

So what is it?  Is this just an upgrade/renovation of the existing video boards where they currently are or is this the move/replace as part of the AC expansion?  Whatever it is, it's beyond me why we wait and try to squeeze this type of work in a handful of weeks before the first home game (and apparently the same time the team is using the field to prepare for the season).  Why not do this after the last home game last year and give yourself plenty of time to test everything and work out any/all bugs?

Edited by keith
  • Upvote 7

3 hours ago, Tommy Gadberry said:

No I was told they are taking the main board down for good and putting smaller screens in the corners to replace.  They want to have the back patio of the AC center unobstructed.  That is the goal.

Not sure this is the full replacement/renovation now, but this option was discussed in a previous thread in conjunction with the Athletic Center expansion and future endzone facility renovations too...

Endzone.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, keith said:

So what is it?  Is this just an upgrade/renovation of the existing video boards where they currently are or is this the move/replace as part of the AC expansion?  Whatever it is, it's beyond me why we wait and try to squeeze this type of work in a handful of weeks before the first home game (and apparently the same time the team is using the field to prepare for the season).  Why not do this after the last home game last year and give yourself plenty of time to test everything and work out any/all bugs?

Possibly because they cannot display new stadium name until August 1.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1