Commit Keith Smith hits the portal

Brett Vito

How many scholarships do we even have?

KD Davis, Whitlock, John Davis (could possibly get another year) , Zahodri Jackson, Faulkner, Mose, and B. Rodriguez are all probably on scholarship I would think. That's 7, Aune, Neville, Drummond leaving is 3 more, what am I missing?

That's only ten spots I count although none of this is official, anyone know?

3 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

This is just the day it is. Deion came in day one and announced your offers arent valid anymore. With portal its better to be open and honest than wasting a year and being in portal 12 months later. 

Morris ain’t Deon

• Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

How many scholarships do we even have?

KD Davis, Whitlock, John Davis (could possibly get another year) , Zahodri Jackson, Faulkner, Mose, and B. Rodriguez are all probably on scholarship I would think. That's 7, Aune, Neville, Drummond leaving is 3 more, what am I missing?

That's only ten spots I count although none of this is official, anyone know?

Total scholarships will not be an issue; I don't think it ever has been for us.  But AFAIK, you're still only allowed 25 per class.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Hearing the UNT offer was no longer valid. Think Morris will let DC bring in his own recruits 

This confuses me a little.  We pulled the offer so the DC could recruit his own guys, yet we dont have a DC in place.   What if the DC-to-be loves this kid?   Or is there a soon-to-be-named DC already evaluating making decisions? 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Hearing the UNT offer was no longer valid. Think Morris will let DC bring in his own recruits 

Seeing these posts and stuff in here, this was my thought:  How many of these kids are being told to reopen their recruiting and start looking elsewhere?  Thanks for confirming that this is happening.  Perhaps not true for all, but at least some. 

It's not like the university has anything to gain by making a tweet or putting out a press release that an offer is no longer valid under new leadership.  So let the kids save a little face and do it themselves.

26 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

You’re right. Morris is telling these kids behind closed doors while Deion aired it all out for the public to see 

Deion's method will bite him in the rear at the P5 level. Pointing at his son and saying "that's your quarterback" might work at the FCS level but you can't just play your guys because they're "your guys" against the talent they'll be facing. Telling the players to leave and recruits their offers are no longer valid is silliness too. He's not creating an environment that fosters competitiveness and you need that when playing even talent. His talent won't outclass his competition anymore. He's also being a douche in the process. Deion doing it the way he did was impersonal in a field that requires people skills and was frustrating and humiliating to Colorado's players. This guy's stock is going to crash hard. Anyways, Morris > Deion.

'“It was hectic,” Mott said. “It was a huge mess. I actually never got contacted by Deion or any of his new (on-field) staff. I got called. They told me that coach Deion didn’t want to honor my commitment and hung up the phone. I was in a group chat with all the other commits and they were all I guess freaking out, too, because a lot of us had our options closed for months now being committed to Colorado. So we hadn’t reached out to any school. It was a whole big deal.”'

https://theathletic.com/4005958/2022/12/19/deion-sanders-colorado-commitments/

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 5
  • Pissed 1