• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
meangreenlax

Major Applewhite's job limbo reveals administrative clown show at Houston

2 hours ago, CK2 said:

I do what I want 

200.gif?cid=3640f6095c290b647a467a47329c

3 hours ago, CK2 said:

Don't give up 70 points to Army. Dont lose multiple shootouts and dont have Jacketgate. 8 wins are kinda worthless when you start the season 7-1. Yeah we had over 13 guys on the 2 deep out with injuries and declaring for the draft but eh. Almost every loss being a blowout is unacceptable. At least it is at UH. 

Clearly standards aren't as high at UNT 

He won 7 his first year, now eight.  I think he should get another year.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CK2 said:

Yall made 2 or 3 threads about it. Apparently yall do.

Why are you on here all the time?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Why are you on here all the time?

I'm not. If you look at my post history, I only come when people tag me in posts or there are threads about UH.

• Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, CK2 said:

Yall made 2 or 3 threads about it. Apparently yall do.

We're laughing at how cool you think you are bro. The Big 12 doesn't want you. Tough tiddies. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, CK2 said:

I'm not. If you look at my post history, I only come when people tag me in posts or there are threads about UH.

And you wouldn't know any of that without being on here. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe a different take on this but—

If the powers that be at IH have any inkling that Major is not working out than kudos to them for sniffing it out now and dealing with it now versus later when the hole is deeper.

I also get the sense that the lower level P5 programs are the ones making the biggest stink here.  They don’t like it that someone from G5 is competing with them with money and resources. 

I think Houston has to know holgerson is pretty much theirs.  That’s not a bad move and an upgrade in my opinion. Holgerson in Texas will be stout and all of a sudden that Houston game could get difficult again. 

GMG

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2

29 minutes ago, NM Green said:

I think Houston has to know holgerson is pretty much theirs.  That’s not a bad move and an upgrade in my opinion. Holgerson in Texas will be stout and all of a sudden that Houston game could get difficult again. 

GMG

Why? 

• Eye Roll 1

Major is a better coach than I thought he would be. This season is not enough to can him unless you know you have an upgrade available. I mean I guess it could happen, see Cross at UTA, but it seems shortsighted if he is not in the bag. That is why I think holgerson is a done deal. 

GMG

• Upvote 1

And he is out!   Funny the cougar board keeps mentioning SL for a head coach.   So they fire Applewhite cause he gets blown out in bowl games and loses to teams he should be should beat.  I guess they have not followed us closely for the last few years.  However, we did beat Army and all our games were very close with them.   Here go the rumors now does anyone want to start the thread.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

And he is out!   Funny the cougar board keeps mentioning SL for a head coach.   So they fire Applewhite cause he gets blown out in bowl games and loses to teams he should be should beat.  I guess they have not followed us closely for the last few years.  However, we did beat Army and all our games were very close with them.   Here go the rumors now does anyone want to start the thread.

No, it would be a ridiculous thread to start.   Doubt the opportunity arises but how would Mean Green fans feel about Major as the assistant OC/Quarterbacks here?  Think he would a good recruiting asset. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

No, it would be a ridiculous thread to start.   Doubt the opportunity arises but how would Mean Green fans feel about Major as the assistant OC/Quarterbacks here?  Think he would a good recruiting asset. 

In would not be a fan. I didn't think too much of MA even as a coordinator. I always thought he was carried mostly by the folks around him.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

Did Applewhite has some legal problems a couple of years ago ?  Maybe it's not his coaching that got him fired.

He had an affair but that was a very long time ago.