JUST ADMIT IT

meangreenbob

3 minutes ago, meangreenbob said:

Troy is as good if not better than FAU. They are way bigger, faster and stronger than we are and the SUN BELT right now is a better football conference than CUSA. We have a long way to go in order to be able to compete at the top of the G5. Good News, I think our Administration is committed to making that happen. Thank you players and coaches for a fantastic year!!

Looking forward to next year!! Go MEAN GREEN!!

I think FAU is better.  We should have stayed with Troy longer than we did and probably should have been ahead at the half.  Troy also has a very senior heavy lineup which is a complete contrast to ours.  This team of theirs is at a peak and should decline at least somewhat next season.   Our arrow is still pointing up. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

Definitely should have been up at half.

I was only able to catch about a quarter-and-a-half, but could someone tell me if that was a catch by Michael Lawrence or not in the second quarter that killed our drive on fourth down? And why that's not challengeable? 

It was not a catch.

We should have been up because we went for it on a not-very-makeable 4th down rather than kicking a field goal and going for 2 when it made zero sense.  I mean, did we or did we not have Trevor Moore?

1 hour ago, meangreenbob said:

Troy is as good if not better than FAU. They are way bigger, faster and stronger than we are and the SUN BELT right now is a better football conference than CUSA. We have a long way to go in order to be able to compete at the top of the G5. Good News, I think our Administration is committed to making that happen. Thank you players and coaches for a fantastic year!!

Looking forward to next year!! Go MEAN GREEN!!

Troy is not better than FAU. We were able to claw our way back into the game before halftime today. We were never competitive in either game against FAU.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

Troy is not better than FAU. We were able to claw our way back into the game before halftime today. We were never competitive in either game against FAU.

Vs FAU in the championship game and today.. we got shut the hell down for 3 of the 4 qtrs, with us having 1 outstanding Qtr.. 

The only difference is when the good Qtr happened.. 

9 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Did you all forget that Troy heat LSU and never gave up 30 pts to anybody all season

So you are trying to point out that the UNT offense is better than LSUs offense because we scored 30? 

6 of that 30 came from the defense.. the offense only scored 24

6 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

So you are trying to point out that the UNT offense is better than LSUs offense because we scored 30? 

My point is that Troy heat LSU...a top 25 team from the top conference in CFB. We scored 30 pts....nobody else did all season...by offense, defense, or special teams. The points all go into 1 pool. 

11 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

And no other team/offense equaled that, but keeping looking for the worst. 

4 hours ago, Rudy said:

I don't know if Troy is better than FAU, but it's a close comparison. The Sun Belt is NOT a better conference.  This was the risk of playing here. We got throttled by a Sun Belt's team, and it's going to look bad to those who are the casual fan.

Well, Troy a lot better than us,Georgia State beat W.K., and MTSU is our only hope to beat the Belt playing A-State tonight. Regarding who is better,FAU or Troy, the Owls outscored us an average of 55 to 24, Troy beat us 50 to 30. Looks like any discussion as to who is better based upon their outcome with us is like 2 bald men fighting over a comb. However, any team that beats LSU at the Tigers homecoming gets my vote.

16 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

My point is that Troy heat LSU...a top 25 team from the top conference in CFB. We scored 30 pts....nobody else did all season...by offense, defense, or special teams. The points all go into 1 pool. 

And Syracuse best the national champ clemson.. how many programs are happy that they lost to Syracuse as well? 

32 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Has nothing to do with this conversation. Just enjoy the season we had. We lost to a good team. 

It totally does have to do with the conversation.. you bring up that Troy beat a Top 25 LSU team, and how we should be happy we put up 30.. We got our butt beat and you are looking for ways to sugarcoat...

Edited by BTG_Fan1

1 minute ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

It totally does have to do with the conversation.. you bring up that Troy beat a Top 25 LSU team, and how we should be happy we put up 30.. We got our butt beat and you are looking for ways to sugarcoat...

Your dad puts together some pretty damn good video.  That's about all I have to say to you.