UNT vs Army? (Leave Early For Game)! Still Small Pockets of Alumus Side Tickets Available

PlummMeanGreen

Will we top Homecoming attendance?

Will we top the U of Houston Cougars Apogee Grand Opening attendance?

Will we sell the whole damn thing out?   :huh:

Hey!  We don't get many games at the moment to have a real chance at a sellout so why not get a little excited about all the  hoopla?

GMG!

PS:  Was DJ'ing a Veterans Day event last evening at the 7-R Ranch outside Gordon, Texas,  so I missed Homecoming, but wild horses won't keep me from the Army game!   

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Coca-Cola Family Four Pack is the best deal going for this Saturday for a those going to the Big Game! 

This Friday until the Ticket Office closes is the deadline to get in on this superb package    

UNT Ticket Office:   (940) 565-2527    or    1-800-UNT-2366

E9A1DA0D-A406-4615-9F33-E6BDC498DBB8_jpeg_95aecac71c030d43ecded268549ae0d6.jpg.0e23ff05628ab1158361f477a1d9314a.jpg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

I think we will if the students come out. I already have tickets, but wanted to look for tickets to see what was available. There are not very many left. I would say definitely less than 200 left. Now, everything else depends on how many of the students actual use their tickets that are reserved for them.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Not really sure how the UNT Athletic  site and its virtual tour of available tickets at Apogee works.

For instance, there are more seats showing to be available now than there were last Sunday night.  I grabbed the only 2 available together in Section 208  on Sunday night but looking yesterday there are more seats (still not that many) available in Section 207.   So I could have been closer to the 40 yard line than the 30 I purchased tickets for.  Hell, I'm just glad to be inside the stadium around fellow Mean Green fans truth be told, but there should be more clarity on what tickets are really available at all times. 

...OR IS THIS WHAT HAPPENED?  

Maybe its a Ticketron type service returning tickets to North Texas creating a few more seats in each Section?   I still think all those will be sold out by Game Day this Saturday. 

Those of you still wanting to buy sideline tickets may (still) want to purchase those online "today" & a very responsive UNT ticket staff over at Apogee will email to you an attachment allowing you to print your tickets at home. How cool all this modern technology, right?  (Only a Baby Boomer would say something like that, right)?  LOL!

Again...We haven't had too many games like this of late so why not get excited just a little bit about this one?  

GMG! 

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

41 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

I posted about the game on Reddit this morning and this is the response I got from another student.620835A9-C315-4714-9D3A-44911A79C725.jpeg.38120af4516b4ee7115fdb470ee46892.jpeg

Typical. A student at UNT complaining about tuition costs and wanting VIP treatment for a ticket that is free. Doesn't he or she know part of his or her fees are going to pay for that ticket that they are not using? Might as well get what you already paid for.Besides, UNT is one of the better tuition and fees deals going for a 4 year degree in the state.

Edited by Venson
Grammar Correction
  • Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Uh uh it’s free dummy! Is that cheap enough!!!

It is definitely not free for students, whose fees are the biggest source of funding for athletics. 

If you paid a couple of hundred of dollars a year for mandated fees for a football ticket, would you consider that free?  Student tickets are not free, they are pre-paid.  

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 5

2 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

It is definitely not free for students, whose fees are the biggest source of funding for athletics. 

If you paid a couple of hundred of dollars a year for mandated fees for a football ticket, would you consider that free?  Student tickets are not free, they are pre-paid.  

Oh so that is a great reason not to go! Hope this guy isn’t a business major!

5 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Not really sure how the UNT Athletic  site and its virtual tour of available tickets at Apogee works.

For instance, there are more seats showing to be available now than there were last Sunday night.  I grabbed the only 2 available together in Section 208  on Sunday night but looking yesterday there are more seats (still not that many) available in Section 207.   So I could have been closer to the 40 yard line than the 30 I purchased tickets for.  Hell, I'm just glad to be inside the stadium around fellow Mean Green fans truth be told, but there should be more clarity on what tickets are really available at all times. 

...OR IS THIS WHAT HAPPENED?   Maybe its a Ticketron type service returning tickets to North Texas creating a few more seats in each Section?   I still think all those will be sold out by Game Day this Saturday. 

Those of you still wanting to buy sideline tickets may (still) want to purchase those online "today" & a very responsive UNT ticket staff over at Apogee will email to you an attachment allowing you to print your tickets at home. How cool all this modern technology, right?  (Only a Baby Boomer would say something like that, right)?  LOL!

FWIW.....We  don't get too many games like this so why not get  excited just a little bit about it?

GMG! 

Plumm, thanks!! I was able to move from row 19 to row 7!! Wouldn't even have thought to look at tickets again!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, greenjoe said:

I bought a ticket for the Club Level Tuesday and Connor at the ticket office acted as if I was lucky there was one left.  I hope every seat has a bottom in it.  

I sure would like to see those seatback seats behind the visitor bench occupied.

GO MEAN GREEN

I got notification weeks ago that the club was sold out for this game, so you were kinda lucky on that one. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Venson said:

Typical. A student at UNT complaining about tuition costs and wanting VIP treatment for a ticket that is free. Doesn't he or she know part of his or her fees are going to pay for that ticket that they are not using? Might as well get what you already paid for.Besides, UNT is one of the better tuition and fees deals going for a 4 year degree in the state.

It's my understanding that we're not even charging the maximum amount allowed for the fees.

We should crank it up all the way just to PO these students.  Yeah, I really don't care if they leave the school, 38k is big enough for me anyway.  Now get off my lawn!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 4

4 hours ago, GRN-WHT said:

Once again, the ticket office only releases a few certain seats to Ticketmaster for sale online. 

The ticketmaster seat map is in no way indictative of how many tickets have or haven’t been sold. 

I feel like this has to be posted before every game, and I feel like it usually the same people who never understand how this works and have to be corrected over and over.  

1 hour ago, meaniegreenie said:

It's my understanding that we're not even charging the maximum amount allowed for the fees.

We should crank it up all the way just to PO these students.  Yeah, I really don't care if they leave the school, 38k is big enough for me anyway.  Now get off my lawn!!!

MGC should be a minimum $1000 and season ticket prices doubled. 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1