BRING ON FAU

greenminer

My worry is the pass defense..

Isn’t the Briles offense meant to go deep?  I know FAU has been running it solidly but how do they compare to UAB/USM who are run heavy teams.. also, are they still locked in at 1 QB or changing them out?

dont think we will overlook FAU, I think it would be overlooking ODU with LAT the following week and likely the last major conference challenge it looks like. 

8 hours ago, NorthTexan95 said:

In the conference they beat MTSU and ODU which both appear really down this season.  We'll be their first real conference test. 

ODU appears to be getting exposed, yes.
FAU beat MT without Stockstill.  That carries some weight, but MTSU is still good.

FAU will be a tough opponent.  I think NT is up for it.

• Lovely Take 1

4 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

ODU appears to be getting exposed, yes.
FAU beat MT without Stockstill.  That carries some weight, but MTSU is still good.

FAU will be a tough opponent.  I think NT is up for it.

i work with a guy who played for MTSU a couple years ago and told me that the team has been really hurting ever since stockstill went down. he thinks we should be able to take on FAU.

• Upvote 1

FAU notes:

Lost to Navy 42-19; Lost to Wisconsin, 31-14; Lost to Buffalo, 34-31

Wins against Bethune Cookman, 45-0;  Win against MTSU, 38-20,and Win against Old Dominion, 58-28.

Lane Kiffin was hired this past January 2017as the FAU HFC (former USC HFC, and former Tennessee OC)

Hired Kendal Briles as the OC in January of  2017.

On 10/16/2017 at 1:42 PM, UNT 90 Grad said:

I believe in 2013 we won something like 3 games on the road on opponents homecomings.  

People are *still* scheduling us as their homecoming opponent...I guess they will learn eventually.

P.S. If there was a record for number of times one team has been the opponent in a homecoming game, we'd be number 1 and number 2 wouldn't even be on the same page.

On 10/16/2017 at 1:30 PM, Charlie NT 73 said:

Lane Kiffin was hired this past January 2017as the FAU HFC (former USC HFC, and former Tennessee OC)

That is incorrect.  He was the HC at Tennessee, as well as with the Oakland Raiders.  Remember the entire Vol fanbase going ballistic when he jilted them to take the USC gig?

5 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

That is incorrect.  He was the HC at Tennessee, as well as with the Oakland Raiders.  Remember the entire Vol fanbase going ballistic when he jilted them to take the USC gig?

His job resume almost appears like a bell curve:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lane_Kiffin

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Haha 1