2 Deep for SMU

MGNation92

Rod Young taking the start over TJ. I thought TJ had a hell of a game.

1 minute ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

Did anybody watch #79 Riley play this weekend, like actually watch him play?  He sure did get beat often.  

He had a few great seals that sprung Jeffery. I'm rewatching the game so I'll look for him getting beaten.

Brooks seem to start cramping on the series after the muffed punt.  Later, on the play where he got beat you could clearly see him limping as he was trying to run with the receiver, almost like a hamstring was bothering him.  Of course, that could have just been creating an excuse for getting beat, but it looked like he was pulling up a little lame.  The receiver did fake him to the outside before running a post and turned Nate all the way around on the play so he was not starting from a good place.  Nate better improve a lot by the next game or those smu receivers are going to have a field day.  Sutton is great, but Quinn and Proche are also good.  Our DBs are going to have their hands full on Saturday.

• Upvote 2

A Guy that kept catching my attention late in the game was William LeMasters. Kid was flying to the football!

He mad 4 tackles (3 Solo), An interception and a PBU. He's slowing becoming one of my favorite non-starters. He looks hungry at Linebacker!

I get it was late in the game against Lamar but live competition is live competition and he just flat out impressed me.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, cdizzle86 said:

Rewatched the game and Nate Brooks got burned on a long TD. Really worried about him covering Sutton next week.

Nate looks like he was lining up to take away and out route.  It was a blown coverage somewhere. You are up 31-7 and the last thing you want to do is give up big plays.  If I had to guess, the way Nate played it, he thought he had safety help behind him.  Safety has to know a team is down 24 and they will take a shot sooner or later.

If Nate knew he was manned up and played it thar way, it is suicide.  No way you line up outside like that in man to man with no help inside.

3 hours ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

Did anybody watch #79 Riley play this weekend, like actually watch him play?  He sure did get beat often.  

Weird, I watched him some during the game and was impressed as he seemed dominate. Guess I'll have to rewatch some  of the game also.

4 hours ago, AustinFromUNT said:

My man Andy Flusche was moved to backup by Sid Moore. It's a conspiracy I tell ya. My son has to be the best DE (that's healthy) on the team.

Also, I want to see what Smiley can do at PR.

I really hope Smiley is back at PR... To me, its risky (in terms of a potential Injury and Rico already out) but Jenkins took a few to many risks because he is a just a grambler type of DB...  Give me a guy back there who knows what to do with the ball, and isn't someone that isn't trying to impress knowing they will only get a few tries a game..

I would love to see Johnson or Darden back there returning PRs like they do on KR.. Honestly, I get excited to see those 2 young guys back there, but PR is a totally different thing with their size.

4 hours ago, Withers940 said:

A Guy that kept catching my attention late in the game was William LeMasters. Kid was flying to the football!

He mad 4 tackles (3 Solo), An interception and a PBU. He's slowing becoming one of my favorite non-starters. He looks hungry at Linebacker!

Isn't LeMaster like a RS SO? Also, is he a PWO or scholarship? 

I'm still confused about Riley Mayfield and Colton McDonald. I was told by two separate posters that they are juniors and were listed as such during the starting lineup intros, but these say they are seniors, as well as the roster and their own introductions of themselves in the starting lineup on the radio. I'm confused.

Also, whatever happened to Jameel Moore? He reportedly had a strong fall camp as a freshman last year, got torched by Courtland Sutton in game 1 last year, and really has been a non factor since.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I like Brooks, but at times I wish he would calm down a little and just play ball.  

Most of the good ones have their moments, what makes them as good as they are.  

27 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

I'm still confused about Riley Mayfield and Colton McDonald. I was told by two separate posters that they are juniors and were listed as such during the starting lineup intros, but these say they are seniors, as well as the roster and their own introductions of themselves in the starting lineup on the radio. I'm confused.

Also, whatever happened to Jameel Moore? He reportedly had a strong fall camp as a freshman last year, got torched by Courtland Sutton in game 1 last year, and really has been a non factor since.

I guess they are both seniors. But they both missed a year due to injuries. I guess they got declined injury waiver or still waiting to hear back on decision 

The linebacking corps was not stellar on Saturday.  
McDonald missed on some chances to make plays (poor angles to the ball) and some routine tackles.  
Yes, LeMasters came up with an INT, against Lamar's 2nd-stringers, but he was also missing tackles.  
I know these are our guys, so we see greatness in them, but sadly, this will be exposed in Dallas.