DRC: Wheeler dealing with notoriety following hit on Del Rio

Brett Vito

@golfingomez that photo makes it look like he was pushed.  A video of the play was posted earlier this week, and it looked like the FL lineman tripped him up.

Regardless of the 'how', Wheeler clearly lost his footing before Del Rio had released the ball.  The actions and words by the FL coach have blown this waaaay beyond reason.  I wish we would all just move on.  Shit happens in football.

• Upvote 2

The FL coach and the brainless faction of the Florida fanbase should be ashamed of themselves...  but alas, the FL coach and social media idiots are too stupid to be ashamed.  Their coach could do a bunch by simply publicly apologizing for his behavior, which includes lies about a targeting penalty history and not recognizing that their TE tripped Wheeler after being beat on the play.

and, of course, any article out there on sports walmart or cnn.com or whatever surface level type of sports website won't tell the whole story...just include info that the Florida coach is mad about a "dirly" or "late"(even though it wasn't late, but low hit on their QB)...  instead of exposing him as a fraudulent crybaby. 

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

I like the article. It is good work. But I would honestly not have minded if the title hadn't been quite so politcally correct and more along the lines of " UNT linebacker dealing with torrent of negative publicity, following wrong accusations by Florida Coach, Players and Fans"

I get why Vito didn't feel like doing that. But somebody needs to balance the media that is blindly quoting the partisan floridian view of things.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 5

3 hours ago, SHOSS said:

The FL coach and the brainless faction of the Florida fanbase should be ashamed of themselves...  but alas, the FL coach and social media idiots are too stupid to be ashamed.  Their coach could do a bunch by simply publicly apologizing for his behavior, which includes lies about a targeting penalty history and not recognizing that their TE tripped Wheeler after being beat on the play.

and, of course, any article out there on sports walmart or cnn.com or whatever surface level type of sports website won't tell the whole story...just include info that the Florida coach is mad about a "dirly" or "late"(even though it wasn't late, but low hit on their QB)...  instead of exposing him as a fraudulent crybaby. 

Personally, I'd like to see FL #30 just come out and admit he got tangled up with Wheeler.  A simple "Chill out on Wheeler, he fell" would be nice.

I can't imagine McElwain ever apologizing.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, outoftown said:

I like the article. It is good work. But I would honestly not have minded if the title hadn't been quite so politcally correct and more along the lines of " UNT linebacker dealing with torrent of negative publicity, following wrong accusations by Florida Coach, Players and Fans"

I get why Vito didn't feel like doing that. But somebody needs to balance the media that is blindly quoting the partisan floridian view of things.

I believe that editors usually choose the article title after it is submitted. Can someone confirm.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

Now this is really hard to see with the untrained eye but if you take a look, you will see that all Florida Fans are Retarded Untitled.png

Also wanted to reach out to the coach

I'll say what I told one of my coworkers who went to Auburn: If you're a Florida fan, your concern shouldn't be that Del Rio got hurt or if the hit was dirty or not, your concern should be that your O-Line got burned by our defensive end (and it wasn't the only time our defense got to the QB). When they face off against better SEC defenses, I'm worried their O-Line will get manhandled similar to how ours did against them. Never mind the fact that their starting offense was struggling against our defense. Consider this, SMU scored more points on us.

I'm excited to see what this defense will do moving forward though. They have gotten better every week so far. Let's hope they continue to progress.

• Upvote 3