DRC: Wheeler dealing with notoriety following hit on Del Rio

Brett Vito

1 hour ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Yep.  Block in the back and tripping all in one smooth motion.

Wow, I was wrong the whole time, I thought it was Goolsby's left foot but he actually tripped Wheeler with his right foot.

59 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Mr Crapper himself does

The video above along with this picture has me thinking that Davis may have injured his left knee trying to make the cut before Wheeler even made contact. Watch his motions. The picture shows Davis grimacing before Wheeler even has his arms around Davis.

1473725700-DRC_UNT_vs_SMU2JW.jpg?q=50&au

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Wow, I was wrong the whole time, I thought it was Goolsby's left foot but he actually tripped Wheeler with his right foot.

The video above along with this picture has me thinking that Davis may have injured his left knee trying to make the cut before Wheeler even made contact. Watch his motions. The picture shows Davis grimacing before Wheeler even has his arms around Davis.

1473725700-DRC_UNT_vs_SMU2JW.jpg?q=50&au

He could be grimacing because he is anticipating the hit he is about to receive. 

2 minutes ago, Aldo said:

I bet y'all are Firefly fans too

What's your point?

• Downvote 3

And this is the horrible mockery that ESPN cut together out of Vitos article. Like none of the part where Litrell actually explains in what way McELwhiny got his facts wrong, only the part where florida fans give Wheeler a hard time. arggghh

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17617504/north-texas-mean-green-lb-joshua-wheeler-slammed-angry-florida-gators-fans-luke-del-rio-hit

Edited by outoftown

10 hours ago, NorthTexan95 said:

It's unfortunate that Wheeler was thrown under the bus by Florida, however ... if this causes opposing quarterbacks to give an extra glance to their left side when they drop back to pass ... I won't complain. 

My concern isn't the fans. When players/teams have reputations, it affects officiating. The more discussion about this, the greater the risk of public perception (officials) being influenced. IMO I don't think anyone needs to create linkage between the SMU and Florida events by discussing it. If they were dirty or not, people will begin to see it as pattern. I hope nothing happens tomorrow or this could go from filling down time between games to serious conversation.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, outoftown said:

And this is the horrible mockery that ESPN cut together out of Vitos article. Like none of the part where Litrell actually explains in what way McELwhiny got his facts wrong, only the part where florida fans give Wheeler a hard time. arggghh

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17617504/north-texas-mean-green-lb-joshua-wheeler-slammed-angry-florida-gators-fans-luke-del-rio-hit

Shady journalism but they gotta protect their precious P5s, ya know?