New to the board...sort of

Blake Coutee

34 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

Valley-ite as well... from the small town of Los Fresnos

Came to Edinburg from Indiana in 1963 to attend Pan American. Joined the National Guard in San Benito. Got married in Rio Hondo. After my first job in Dallas, came back to be a banker in McAllen in 1977. Eventually took a banking job back in Dallas in 1979 and have lived in this area ever since. So yeah, I consider myself a Valley-ite at heart. I didn't get to Los Fresnos but I know I went to school with some folks from there...them Falcons was a proud bunch!

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Blake Coutee said:

@golfingomez @Eastwood Eagle

I'm from Yorktown, a small town of around 2,000 people about 30 miles north west of Victoria. I usually just say I'm from Victoria since I went to junior college there, spent most of my time there, and since people might actually know where it is, ha. 

I'm from Victoria. Welcome dude. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Blake Coutee said:

@Eastwood Eagle It's always nice to meet a fellow Victorian! I actually know several people from Victoria who live here in Denton including my girlfriend, my best friend, and the drummer for my band. 

If you are in Hen in the Cocks I graduated with the singer and use to jam with the drummer back in high school (I'm a bassist). Small world. I have heard y'alls stuff. Keep it up man.

Edited by Eastwood Eagle
  • Upvote 1