How are ticket sales looking?

cdizzle86

19 hours ago, Stix said:

Add two more season tickets!  I was going to just buy per game, but decided that it was worth it to have a parking pass and seats in the shade, and contribute to the scholarships (however that actually works).  I'll be in section 208, row 8, seats 1 & 2.  So who are my new neighbors?

I'll have to come visit my old friends in 105 - see y'all on Saturday!

Don't have my tickets in front of me, but I think that's me!  I'm in 208, pretty sure row 8 and have 3-7.  A couple of nice old ladies (one was in her 80s, I think) have sat next to me since the stadium opened.  Welcome to the neighborhood!  

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

Where did you get these tickets?

A new guy we hired at my work (Him and his wife are Aggies) They both won the tickets at a UNT Race event and saw I had my UNT polo on. Ask if I bought tickets for the SMU game, I said no and he said had 2 tickets for sale since they are going to the UCLA game in College Station. Can't beat a $40 dollar savings!

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

Don't have my tickets in front of me, but I think that's me!  I'm in 208, pretty sure row 8 and have 3-7.  A couple of nice old ladies (one was in her 80s, I think) have sat next to me since the stadium opened.  Welcome to the neighborhood!  

Looking forward to meeting you!

wont_you_be_my_neighbor_1981_cover.JPG

No, I don't look like Mr. Rogers.  But hey, he's wearing green, so I had to go with it!

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, NTAlum09 said:

Section 114 row 11 shade area

Got 2 tickets for $20

So, not only did the guy decide to profiteer off of a fellow coworker with tickets he got for free, he lied to you about the shade situation?  Maybe he was just confused.  I mean, he IS an Aggie.

apogeechart.png

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

So, not only did the guy decide to profiteer off of a fellow coworker with tickets he got for free, he lied to you about the shade situation?  Maybe he was just confused.  I mean, he IS an Aggie.

apogeechart.png

Sorry didn't have my coffee, it's in section 204 Row 11

Edited by NTAlum09
  • Upvote 2

19 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Skeptical fans don't walk up. 

You're not wrong.  But, we should also consider that non-season-ticket-holding North Texas fans have almost no incentive to buy tickets in advance: Manageable game day lines + zero chance of a sellout = better to check the weather the day of before paying.

I think your attendance estimate, while far more realistic than some dreamers' numbers, is still a little low.  Last year we had 19,602 for an anticlimactic third week home opener after a massive letdown against SMU.  I would expect to at least slightly eclipse that number and get into 20,000+.

2 minutes ago, Greendylan said:

You're not wrong.  But, we should also consider that non-season-ticket-holding North Texas fans have almost no incentive to buy tickets in advance: Manageable game day lines + zero chance of a sellout = better to check the weather the day of before paying.

I think your attendance estimate, while far more realistic than some dreamers' numbers, is still a little low.  Last year we had 19,602 for an anticlimactic third week home opener after a massive letdown against SMU.  I would expect to at least slightly eclipse that number and get into 20,000+.

Denton loves them some old SWC schools...I'd expect at least 22k, probably around 24k

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Denton loves them some old SWC schools...I'd expect at least 22k, probably around 24k

This game has nothing to do with that. However, if an old SWC school game to Denton there would be a packed house and it has nothing to do with the old SWC but everything to do with the success and name recognition the majority of those teams have NOW. Rice is an old SWC team and our fans are flocking to the stadium when they come to town. 

54 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

This game has nothing to do with that. However, if an old SWC school game to Denton there would be a packed house and it has nothing to do with the old SWC but everything to do with the success and name recognition the majority of those teams have NOW. Rice is an old SWC team and our fans are flocking to the stadium when they come to town. 

You just made my point...as usual.

• Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

You just made my point...as usual.

*aren't flocking to the stadium when they (Rice) come to town. Excuse me. 

UNT fans are going to this game to watch us beat SMU. Not the old SWC SMU program, just SMU. 

1 hour ago, Aldo said:

Is SWC a band or something?

I kid. But seriously, students and young grads don't know or care about the SWC. Many folks have moved on. 

It's like we're trying to GIVE SMU some legitimacy. 

That's what untjim kind of does. He indirectly gives programs legitimacy while directly trying to tear down UNT. 90 is similar in his antics as well. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

48 minutes ago, McKinneyMiner said:

I am planning on walking up with my son tomorrow and either buying at the window or getting them from someone selling outside...

90 probably just gave you a -1 for this post. He wants 0 walk up fans so he can say "I'm right" about his 17.5K attendance projection. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

*aren't flocking to the stadium when they (Rice) come to town. Excuse me. 

UNT fans are going to this game to watch us beat SMU. Not the old SWC SMU program, just SMU. 

That's what untjim kind of does. He indirectly gives programs legitimacy while directly trying to tear down UNT. 90 is similar in his antics as well. 

SMU has been here twice since 2006--both crowds were big--24k in 2006, 22k in 2014. Rice has been here three times--each crowd has been good for us, even the Halloween crowd--each has exceeded 18k, IIRC.

2 hours ago, Greendylan said:

This is a well reasoned response. I could see the good weather adding a thousand or so more.

Sad thing is SMU will bring bumpkis to this game. Maybe 200 fans.

#onesidedseries

On a side note, I cruised by 1310 this AM just long enough to hear George claim that SMU has never won in Denton. Can anyone substantiate this wild assed claim? I mean, it's the Ticket, so we need to verify. 

Edited by UNT90

3 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

SMU has been here twice since 2006--both crowds were big--24k in 2006, 22k in 2014. Rice has been here three times--each crowd has been good for us, even the Halloween crowd--each has exceeded 18k, IIRC.

People show because it's SMU. Old SWC affiliation has no measure in this. The students (far majority in our attendance) have no care about the SWC. They care because it's a regional game vs a school that most dislike.  Stick to you dumb agenda of lifting up things that don't matter. It's not the 80's any more. 

9 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

People show because it's SMU. Old SWC affiliation has no measure in this. The students (far majority in our attendance) have no care about the SWC. They care because it's a regional game vs a school that most dislike.  Stick to you dumb agenda of lifting up things that don't matter. It's not the 80's any more. 

You win...absolutely nobody wants to read our back-and-forth on this. I apologize to the rest of the board for causing a distraction from this weekend's big game.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

This is a well reasoned response. I could see the good weather adding a thousand or so more.

#onesidedseries

On a side note, I cruised by 1310 this AM just long enough to hear George claim that SMU has never won in Denton. Can anyone substantiate this wild assed claim? I mean, it's the Ticket, so we need to verify. 

I believe smoooo is 0-3 in Denton.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

#onesidedseries

This is true, they are 0-3 in Denton. Even says so in SMU's own media guide.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

#onesidedseries

bumpkis or bumpkins?

2 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

So in this great rivalry, there have been exactly 3 whole games played in Denton!?!?!? 

???????????

Well when they were in a "big time" conference and we were building up the program, we played our home games against them in Texas Stadium, just like you advocate.