Ken Starr out

Graddean

6 minutes ago, Christopher Walker said:

Could any of ya'll imagine if we had hired Baby Briles over Seth...

I could. I really could. WHAT IS GOING ON???!!! first UNT gets a new AD and now it transpires it even dodged that kind of a bullet. I guess the appocalypse must be approaching.

Briles isn't going anywhere...many others will fall before their Golden Goose does... 

Everything I have read or heard says baylor has reported little to zero criminal misconduct on/around campus or by their students. One ticket radio host basically said if you're going to cheat...you can't score a hundred every time/year....it's unrealistic...but that's baylor...

Just now, 3XL said:

Briles isn't going anywhere...many others will fall before their Golden Goose does... 

Everything I have read or heard says baylor has reported little to zero criminal misconduct on/around campus or by their students. One ticket radio host basically said if you're going to cheat...you can't score a hundred every time/year....it's unrealistic...but that's baylor...

This.

The AD will get fired long before Briles even gets a warning letter. Baylor ain't letting go of the golden goose as long as he keeps bringing in the green and gold...

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Christopher Walker said:

Could any of ya'll imagine if we had hired Baby Briles over Seth...

I was thinking of this earlier too.   There were a TON of people on here ready to pay that dude whatever he wanted.

...Which brings me to another kudo for Rick V.   This has been a completely clean program under his watch.  I expect that to continue with the next AD.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

12 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I was thinking of this earlier too.   There were a TON of people on here ready to pay that dude whatever he wanted.

...Which brings me to another kudo for Rick V.   This has been a completely clean program under his watch.  I expect that to continue with the next AD.

Completely?

While I think the program has been run very clean, completely is a very high bar.

Since the meat of this issue is misconduct by players and the handling of it by Baylor we shouldn't be casting any stones, even the relatively small ones.

Tasty made a fairly compelling case about other issues a few years ago. There have also been APR issues during RVs tenure.

NOTHING at all like what is alleged to have occurred in Waco, Happy Valley, and many others places, but 'completely' is probably the wrong word.

Edited by Army of Dad
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

10 hours ago, Harry said:

I am not surprised but I don't think it will fly.  To suggest that Briles did not know about any of these issues is ludicrous.  If he survives this I will be amazed.

I can't decide what I think will happen to briles. If it was any other school I would say ABSOLUTELY he loses his job. However, since it's baylor I'm not certain they will do the right thing because they haven't done the right thing in so long.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Army of Dad said:

Completely?

While I think the program has been run very clean, completely is a very high bar.

Since the meat of this issue is misconduct by players and the handling of it by Baylor we shouldn't be casting any stones, even the relatively small ones.

Tasty made a fairly compelling case about other issues a few years ago. There have also been APR issues during RVs tenure.

NOTHING at all like what is alleged to have occurred in Waco, Happy Valley, and many others places, but 'completely' is probably the wrong word.

I mean, our guys have issues with Walmart, but I'm talking more about NCAA handing out sanctions, or the school having to 'self-impose' penalties for cheating & misconduct stuff.

You're right about APR... those were sanctions.  So "completely" is not the correct word.

I just don't want a new guy to come in here and get us winning at the expense of being clean.

Briles could probably shoot a coach during the post game handshake and keep his job. He did what many many others could not do at Baylor and that has given him a long leash. Money, power, and prestige often clouds peoples(read administrations) judgement so I suspect he will be at Baylor until he gets a better offer or decides to ride off into the sunset whenever he chooses. There must be scapegoats in life and there are quite a few in line ahead of Art.

22 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

Baylor should just drop the whole bible charade at this point.   

They really should.   There are alot of 18-yr-olds going there under the assumption they're attending an institution with Christian values.  
Pretty apparent money/power has usurped any Christian values they had... and that didn't just happen upon Briles' arrival either.

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

They really should.   There are alot of 18-yr-olds going there under the assumption they're attending an institution with Christian values.  
Pretty apparent money/power has usurped any Christian values they had... and that didn't just happen upon Briles' arrival either.

I passed through Waco a number of times back in my former life.  I'm not gonna say that I've ever had a bad time, but I will say that I've seen a whole bunch of student shenanigans that have nothing to do with the Baptist representations of Baylor the institution.

17 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Ahhh .....Not really.

• Upvote 3

I hear this term thrown around a lot by sleazebag politicians, child molestors, coaches who hide sexual assault, racist hypocrites, and Ted Cruz. I understand the majority of the people on here that are of the Christian faith are those with high morals and not liars or cheaters but can institutions please stop saying this? Places like Baylor, and Liberty (future conference usa member????) say this, but I feel like they're just a front for bigotry and lies. 

Once again, not an attack on any of you. I just think the term is thrown around wayyy too much, and it slanders the efforts of those of you who carry yourselves in a purposeful way. 

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Edited by meanJewGreen
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, meanJewGreen said:

I hear this term thrown around a lot by sleazebag politicians, child molestors, coaches who hide sexual assault, racist hypocrites, and Ted Cruz. I understand the majority of the people on here that are of the Christian faith are those with high morals and not liars or cheaters but can institutions please stop saying this? Places like Baylor, and Liberty (future conference usa member????) say this, but I feel like they're just a front for bigotry and lies. 

Once again, not an attack on any of you. I just think the term is thrown around wayyy too much, and it slanders the efforts of those of you who carry yourselves in a purposeful way. 

Wrong forum

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

9 minutes ago, meanJewGreen said:

You know, I think you have posted a point that is very accurate. As a Christian myself, I think that the term "Christian Values" has been so usurped by people and groups who want to hit on something that means something to the large population of the country that follow Christianity. Unfortunately, so many of these people and groups are only using the term as a way to get power or money. Its basically the polar opposite of what Christianity is supposed to be about. Baylor is showing this better than any other group that I can remember. They advertise to kids and parents that they are a Baptist institution that will always be Christ-centered--until we get really good in revenue sports and decide that being good brings in so  much money that we need to look the other way at criminal acts. It is sickening and it brings up the reality that Christians often do more damage to Christianity than anyone else could ever do--which again, is the 100% complete opposite of what Christianity is supposed to be about. No amount of football or basketball wins will ever change that...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

Wrong forum

When faith and politics are used as a front to hide a lack of institutional control in an athletic department, it's not. 

Edited by meanJewGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, meanJewGreen said:

When faith and politics are used as a front to hide a lack of institutional control in an athletic department, it's not. 

We have place for this, especially if you are going to use emotionally charged rhetoric. 

I quite sure it's possible to discuss the Baylor situation in an athletics context without adding political narratives.

10 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

As a fan, give me a competitive program with the occasional minor to moderate recruiting violation over a super clean program that only makes one bowl game every 10-12 years.

There are so many bowls right now it shouldn't be difficult to make one every other year or every third year and do it without cheating.

Edited by Army of Dad
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Army of Dad said:

We have place for this, especially if you are going to use emotionally charged rhetoric. 

I quite sure it's possible to discuss the Baylor situation in an athletics context without adding political narratives.

I am pretty sure MeanJewGreen's contention in that people calling them "Christian values", and therefore logically calling them values that non Christians don't hold, is in fact the emotionally charged rhetoric that shouldn't be used in the forum. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

As a fan, give me a competitive program with the occasional minor to moderate recruiting violation over a super clean program that only makes one bowl game every 10-12 years.

I disagree if we can only have this dichotomy.   This is how you get all those wins 'vacated' and such.   Also, remember where UNT is on the totem pole.   "Minor to moderate" becomes "serious to grave" for little guys like us for the same exact infraction.

I believe you can build up a winning program without recruiting violations and other sanctions.  I hope UNT can find the right guy to achieve this success... the right way.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

I am pretty sure MeanJewGreen's contention in that people calling them "Christian values", and therefore logically calling them values that non Christians don't hold, is in fact the emotionally charged rhetoric that shouldn't be used in the forum. 

0:47.

• Downvote 2