I have changed my mind I think UNT90 may be wrong

KingDL1

11 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

I have been away from the board for a while the negativity the constant reminder that RV has not been show the door was more depressing than I needed. It seems  one thing leads to another, even though I was trying to get away from this mess I have been hearing more and more from people in know and what would be considered Denton insiders. If true? It is worst than UNT90 thought, well at least a lot worse than I thought. I don't think it is RV at all, I think it is, from what I can tell, a handful of donors playing Jerry Jones, They are only big fish in a small pond (they really like it), and it is not that they support RV but they actually control RV and pull his strings. Rick is simply a puppet, a stooge, a lackey, just a pawn in this show.  This situation has become so inbred that it is hard to fathom that it can be fixed. I don't know how North Texas Athletics got to this place but it had to start with RV being incapable and mostly spineless, could be a the chicken or the egg situation but we are there now. 

Can we fire Donors?

Can a president come in and replace this puppet to solve this situation?

It is a problem and we need some of these guys to just go away. This is a prime example of Money does not mean you have brains.

We need ofcourse a good hire at AD with a good house cleaning in the whole Athletic Department. Then we need Donors that believe in him and let this new AD do his thing, not play puppet master. 

I am more disgusted than ever, it is nearly defeating to me to hear some of what goes on in Denton. 

If any of the puppet masters are reading this, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM! 

He said she said, I guess I will start watching Jersey Housewives! I love how hearsay is presented as fact. Who cares ! Just win!!!! GMG

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

32 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

I'm all for that.  

Because anyone in their right mind would want their athletic program to have the "out of this world" outcome of a great tasting Amber Ale like this..... Sierra Blanca Roswell Alien Amber Ale Beer

vs the bitter outcome of consuming any "harvested-from-a- horse's-bladder", IPA.

Nowadays, even the most bitter IPA tastes fairly smooth to me, but still just tart enough to make me take my time and really enjoy the flavor. It's too easy, for me, for drinking an ale to go from a marathon to a sprint. 

If only someone had been saying this same thing for the last year? Oh wait, that's been pretty obvious to anyone who is not blinded by their Mean Green glasses.

The UNT 17 have been sold a bill of goods by RV, but he has also given them complete control of his moves, so he is completely insulated within their contributions. The BOR and administration aren't rocking that boat--they barely care about athletics to begin with. Now, to their joy, their are 17 people who care enough, somehow, to have basically bought the program. BTW, how cool is it for these people to talk to their Longhorn and Aggie buddies to tell them how awesome it is that they get "access" and "control" for tens of thousands less than they could ever do in Austin or College Station? That's your real delusion here.

The term "UNT 17 Mean Green"...it might as well become the headline in the DRC each week.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, edcollopy said:

Folks, why would anyone want to be a puppet master for a shit show.  Wow, I'm a big time donor of the most embarrassing football and basketball program in the land!  I don't see how anyone thinks that is a cool thing to be associated with.  I just don't get that logic that we suck at everything because 17 people like to have access to our crap athletic program.  "look everyone, I'm the tallest midget!"  If anything, if I was a substantial donor, I'd want a ton more bang for my buck.  How many wives would tolerate their husbands (or vice versa) continue to shell out big dough for a shit program that draws flies and is routinely an embarrassment to an otherwise terrific learning institution.

Its about the power, not the product. Look at genocidal 3rd world dictators with only poverty/disease/violence,  Jerry Jones so rich he could do anything, leaders of both our major political parties saying they will actively work to disenfranchise voters to get their candidate nominated, corporate leaders running people and organizations into the ground. The list goes on.

54 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

I'm all for that.  

Because anyone in their right mind would want their athletic program to have the "out of this world" outcome of a great tasting Amber Ale like this..... Sierra Blanca Roswell Alien Amber Ale Beer

vs the bitter outcome of consuming any "harvested-from-a- horse's-bladder", IPA.

You've been loyal to the alien for years.  I applaud your consistency.

3 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

Can we please move to the important topics?  You know, helmet stickers, uniforms, and American lager style beer vs. super hoppy IPAs?

No, required, and Porter.

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

Go back and read the thread where Fly told us that small donors don't matter. Pay special attention to what he typed and how he typed it. 

I bet it was with his hands... that monster.

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, Tyler Maryak said:

Nowadays, even the most bitter IPA tastes fairly smooth to me, but still just tart enough to make me take my time and really enjoy the flavor. It's too easy, for me, for drinking an ale to go from a marathon to a sprint. 

Hmmm, that sounds like "IPA's keep me from binge drinking". Yeah, it would have that effect on me too. But in my case it would be "IPA's have me drinking tea today".....ideally Long Island Ice Tea.

30 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

You've been loyal to the alien for years.  I applaud your consistency.

Well, if I can be loyal to this athletic program for so long............................

I'm either consistent or unimaginative and/or boring.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Side Show Joe said:

Many on this board are right there with you. I love North Texas and it is very hard to watch our programs struggle year after year, without seeing any real commitment to fixing our issues (see men's basketball). North Texas is one of the largest universities in C-USA, with some of the nicest facilities, and one of the largest budgets, but yet we struggle... Our leadership lacks the ability to identify, hire, and retain the coaches necessary to build winning programs. That is not my opinion. That is the truth.

You may be right. There could be a very small group of donors that hold far too much power over the athletic department. But if that is true, it still only amounts to half of the problem. The fact that our students don't stand up and demand a better product is just as big of a concern. If 2 or 3 thousand actual students made some signs and protested at the administration building, in front of the some of the local T.V. stations, things would change.

The last thing NT needs is for the students to get heavily involved in this.  There are far more students that care absolutely nothing about athletes than there are sports supporters.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, SilverEagle said:

Hmmm, that sounds like "IPA's keep me from binge drinking". Yeah, it would have that effect on me too. But in my case it would be "IPA's have me drinking tea today".....ideally Long Island Ice Tea.

Well, if I can be loyal to this athletic program for so long............................?

I'm either consistent or unimaginative and/or boring.

Damn you for seeing through my thinly veiled truths...

12 minutes ago, eagle-eye said:

I am brand new to UNT athletics, and therefore, know nothing about the politics referred to in numerous posts. It is disheartening to read many of the comments. Not good information to hear for new fan.

You'll need this to go with everything you read here . . .

singles_4c3004291f903.jpg

Edited by Mean Green 93-98
  • Upvote 1

Welcome.

Use your eagle-eye to focus in on those that bring value, insight and pertinent information. I would guess the current ratio of value:pablum is 1:5 but that may be generous. There are a few consistent high value posters. Learn them and ignore those you find not useful. Usually a thread will get highjacked so most of the time, you will find no substantially relevant information beyond the first few posts in a thread.

Stay focused on whatever reason you became a fan. 

GMG

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, eagle-eye said:

I am brand new to UNT athletics, and therefore, know nothing about the politics referred to in numerous posts. It is disheartening to read many of the comments. Not good information to hear for new fan.

Have you considered focusing on a positive aspect of the program, such as the wins and losses record?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, eagle-eye said:

are you good with gifs?

• Upvote 3