Both Rick Villarreal and Tony Benford should be fired

UNT90

11 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Wow. Just realized, he really hasn't. Blamed Stephens on the search committee, talked about how Dodge was considered a good hire by everyone at the time and how he was financially strapped, talked about how Peterson was good everywhere else, and called Mccarney a good hire. He really thinks he's done a good job with those hirings, even though they're 150 games under .500.

Look, he doesn't really believe what he says. Don't give him that easy out. These are just different variations of the Tulsa lie. He knows what he is saying isn't true, he says it because it benefits him to do so. Period. You will never hear the words "I made a mistake and need to do better" pass RV's lips. It's simply not in his character. And he has people like Fly out there who are so manipulated that they take those lies as gospel and attempt to spread them throughout the fan base. 

And the UNT administration simply doesn't care. It makes for a dysfunctional mess that simply doesn't care about winning. 

Don't believe for a second RV believes his lies. He doesn't.  He lies for personal benefit.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

22 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Look, you doesn't really believe what he says. Don't give him that easy out. These are just different variations of the Tulsa lie. He knows what he is saying isn't true, he says it because it benefits him to do so. Period. You will never hear the words "I made a mistake and need to do better" pass RV's lips. It's simply not in his character. And he has people like Fly out there who are so manipulated that they take those lies as gospel and attempt to spread them throughout the fan base. 

And the UNT administration simply doesn't care. It makes for a dysfunctional mess that simply doesn't care about winning. 

Don't believe for a second RV believes his lies. He doesn't.  He lies for personal benefit.

I think you're simply overusing the word simply. I agree with you though. Carry on 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

13 hours ago, Side Show Joe said:

The president and BOR should have cleaned house when they fired Mac. We all knew how this basketball season would end. Right now, we could be one season into a rebuilding project, instead of talking about the future employment of our basketball coach and possibly others within the athletic department. I'm tired of excuses and tired of watching us stink at the most prominent sports.

Somebody in the UNT administration, please do your job.

They haven't for decades, they aren't about to start now. UNT will be what it always has been because of it's institutional culture: The laughing stock of college athletics in the State of Texas. 

And deservedly so.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I have no information on this topic at all.  No inside information, no outside information.  I've spoken to no one.  

That disclaimer established.

You read the above disclaimer, right?

Based on historical precedent of terminations I've seen at UNT, it's been nearly 24 hours since the loss and we've heard nothing.  If Benford lives through the day, then he lives to coach another season.  I'm giving the cutoff time as 5pm central.  If he's still employed, then I predict he's...still employed.

15 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

I have no information on this topic at all.  No inside information, no outside information.  I've spoken to no one.  

Based on historical precedent of terminations I've seen at UNT, it's been nearly 24 hours since the loss and we've heard nothing.  If Benford lives through the day, then he lives to coach another season.  I'm giving the cutoff time as 5pm central.  If he's still employed, then I predict he's...still employed.

While that's (depressingly) possible, it would also make sense to can him Friday afternoon. Release and news late on a Friday and it gets covered up by other news items before Monday rolls around...

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, wardly said:

So if some one disagrees with UNT90 or Gentle Ben they are being "manipulated" rather than just expressing a different of opinion? You guys must be Donald Trump aka Benito Mussolini zealots.

That is unfair. Trump is not Mussolini. If you have to go italian he is much more Berlusconi. Scarily alike actually. But it is for your own judgment how much better that is. In any case, excuse my politcal excursion, but while I want both the AD and the basketball coach gone etc, I am getting royally bored waiting for it.

Carry on.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, AngusYoungsKneeBrace said:

It could be that if we disagree with them then we are happy with the state of tennis, golf, track and field, and futbol/soccer as well. 

The bottom line is that you can eat a hamburger, but it isn't really made of ham, is it?  No.  It's either made of ground beef or ground turkey - neither of which is the byproduct of a pig now, eh?

Vegetarians, they may eat a "ham"burger made of quinoa, or broccoli and whatnot, all mashed together.  You see what I mean:  not everyone views it through the same lens or tastebuds.

For those about to eat, we salute you...even if you have a different taste for whatever it is you are tasting (T-shirts, $40 US, please!  Thank you, mate!)! 

quinoa-o.gif

14 minutes ago, wardly said:

So if some one disagrees with UNT90 or Gentle Ben they are being "manipulated" rather than just expressing a different of opinion? You guys must be Donald Trump aka Benito Mussolini zealots.

Nope, just those that have a close, personal relationship with Rick Villarreal, because that's how personal manipulation occurs. That is what causes people to ignore a mountain of evidence. 

Do you have a close, personal relationship?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

25 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

While that's (depressingly) possible, it would also make sense to can him Friday afternoon. Release and news late on a Friday and it gets covered up by other news items before Monday rolls around...

This is what I would expect. If UNT has the courage to act like a real FBS playing university.

Odds are against it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

4 hours ago, wardly said:

You are entitled to your opinion no matter how piss poor it may be. Your opinion has no ground to walk on. There is no substance to it. So, continue having your excuse for an opinion. I'll continue to look at numbers that Billy posts and present them to you. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

5 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

I said March 18th way back in July, and listed the reasoning for it. 

If Benford is still here on the 21st of March, then we have a problem. Until then, I'm no more or less worried today than I was yesterday, or than I will be on Monday of next week. 

20 minutes ago, wardly said:

See, the problem ,in my opinion, is that both UNT90 and his want-a-b "son of" are just a couple of bullies who have no respect for anyone else and demean those who may disagree with them by name calling or telling them to O.G.F.O. Sweet.

I suggest the ignore feature. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, wardly said:

See, the problem ,in my opinion, is that both UNT90 and his want-a-b "son of" are just a couple of bullies who have no respect for anyone else and demean those who may disagree with them by name calling or telling them to O.G.F.O. Sweet.

When have I ever told you that? When have I ever talked specifically about you in a post? I have a different opinion than you.

If you have a personal relationship with Rick Villarreal and can't see the MASSIVE amount of evidence that  shows that he wouldn't still be AD at any other FBS program besides UNT, you have been manipulated to protect someone you view as a friend. Rick Villarreal is a salesman. Manipulation is a part of the trade.

Maybe you have zero relationship and think he is just a good guy. If that's the case, you and I fundamentally disagree about the job duties of UNT AD and will never see eye to eye.

Just because someone challenges your opinion doesn't make them a bully. 

I do find it interesting that you only called me a bully after I asked about a personal relationship with RV, and that you didn't answer that question. I don't have one with RV, do you?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2