MGB: Augie DeBiase talks about his plans

Brett Vito

COHCy0hWUAAtSnD.jpg This photo Vito uses has always bugged me!

200.gif This is why!

Either Augie wants to play at this level...or he doesn't. Starting to seem to me like a cup we should pass by.

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, meangreendork said:

He likes to flip-flop and based on that info and from what I've read about his dad liking to influence his son's decisions and even coaches, it might be for the best that this kid goes to that school.

Yeah, this may be pretty accurate. I posted on another thread that these things are expensive too. This one I found in Georgia is supposed to be "affordable" for an academy and it is $15,000 a semester with tuition and room & board. Needless to say, they are definitely invested in his football and have been willing to change schools and now go to a prep academy to get him bigger offers. Not sure he would stay put here even if he signed.

1 minute ago, greenjoe said:

Please tell me the name of a "prep school" in our area.  Is this some sort of a bridge between high school and college ?  I'm not familiar with this.

Looking into it more, yes. It is a place where the athlete goes to keep NCAA eligibility while taking SAT/ACT courses and other courses and not lose any college eligibility. It is for athletes trying to get bigger or work on technique to get better offers the next year. It's a big gamble and expensive as well. I'm sure it's worth it for some people though. 

What happened this year with the kid who was in prep school this past year? The one Chico supposedly wanted? Since Chico left we haven't heard anything about that kid on here.

Did he increase his offer pool? Does he have any? Seems to be a very similar kid to Debiase. 

Anyone remember that kids name?

Littrell said shortly after taking over at UNT that addressing the Mean Green’s quarterback issues would be among his top priorities. UNT has struggled at the position since Derek Thompson helped lead the Mean Green to a breakout 2013 season and a win over UNLV in the Heart of Dallas Bowl.

Thompson was the game’s MVP.

Just when I thought this was over.

EditingAndLayout al pacino michael corleone The Godfather Part III just when i thought i was out

• Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

What happened this year with the kid who was in prep school this past year? The one Chico supposedly wanted? Since Chico left we haven't heard anything about that kid on here.

Did he increase his offer pool? Does he have any? Seems to be a very similar kid to Debiase. 

Anyone remember that kids name?

In the Chris Riddle thread. Committed to some Div II school in western Florida.

Difference I think is, Riddle never got an offer other than walk-ons. Debiase did, but it seems it wasn't good enough for them - I mean him. They - I mean he is holding out for better FBS offers.

Prep school coaching and development better than FBS? Pfff.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, meangreendork said:

He likes to flip-flop and based on that info and from what I've read about his dad liking to influence his son's decisions and even coaches, it might be for the best that this kid goes to that school.

I get a distinct gut feeling that Daddy is driving the bus, not Son. Daddy seems like a micro-manager and Son seems totally submissive. It is almost as if Daddy is so involved because he sees his investment in Son as his retirement plan.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

I get a distinct gut feeling that Daddy is driving the bus, not Son. Daddy seems like a micro-manager and Son seems totally submissive. It is almost as if Daddy is so involved because he sees his investment in Son as his retirement plan.

Generally the case in situations like this... Ironic part of it is these "trophy kids," as depicted in the Netflix movie of the same name usually only get D2 & D3 offers. Meanwhile, some of the greatest athletes alive had parents who supported but didn't push their kids or even no father around at all, see: Lebron James. 

Augie seems like a good kid though and I don't think we know enough to say this is the case for sure. 

• Upvote 1