Most important question after hiring a new Head Coach..........New Uniforms?

Got5onIt

If he contracts worth someone other than Nike, it would be certain.  If he stays with Nike, not sure if I want us to go to the Clown Suits or not.  We definitely must have a new road jersey though.

Interesting.   I think these road jerseys may be my favorite road jerseys we've had.  I'm not a fan of the current home jerseys, especially with the black helmets.  I only think the black helmets look good with the black jerseys, which seem to be a thing of the past.  

As for the home jerseys, I don't like the pixelated stripes on the arms.  I think they look cheap, though I've seen other schools going with them as well.  

• Upvote 4

Our uniforms were/are hideous. This AD can't get anything right. Hopefully this hire is a good decision. I bet that Smastrek had a lot of say in this hire though. The uniforms though, ugh. Just, ugh. How something as simple as uniforms can be botched so terribly bad is beyond me. It's pitiful. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I'm sorry, but the Under Armor jerseys we had under Dodge were better than the two main Nike combos we had under McCarney. 

Don't care about aesthetics (and those white "North Texas" helmets were truly godawful.)  But those uniforms will always remind me of the Dodge years.  And I very strongly prefer not to be reminded of those dark, dark times.

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Don't care about aesthetics (and those white "North Texas" helmets were truly godawful.  But those uniforms will always remind me of the Dodge years.  And I very strongly prefer not to be reminded of those dark, dark times.

I'm with you 100%. Not even the McCarney era makes me want to puke more than Dodge's stint at NT. Anything from that era should NEVER be brought back. 

• Upvote 2

Anything, and everything, is more important than uniform selection.

Todd Dodge may have been a successful college coach if he had paid as much attention to coaching as he did to his Underarmor contract and it's incentives when he started. 

Recruit well and develop those players to be the best football players possible. That is the coach's job. EVERYTHING ELSE IS A VERY, VERY DISTANT SECOND PRIORITY.

Unfortunately Dodge and McCarney both believed differently.

• Upvote 1

Interesting.   I think these road jerseys may be my favorite road jerseys we've had.  I'm not a fan of the current home jerseys, especially with the black helmets.  I only think the black helmets look good with the black jerseys, which seem to be a thing of the past.  

As for the home jerseys, I don't like the pixelated stripes on the arms.  I think they look cheap, though I've seen other schools going with them as well.  

Our unis were painfully bad this year; people could replicate them on the generic Nike site within ten minutes, but "ooh Pro Combat!". Ugh.

• Upvote 1