Wednesday afternoon coach search update - Vito

Harry

The UNT coaching search continued to work its way toward a conclusion Wednesday afternoon, when Football Scoop, a college football site that specializes in coaching searches and inside info, reported that the school is down to four candidates.

The site confirmed what we reported on the blog earlier — that Baylor offensive coordinator Kendal Briles and Oklahoma offensive coordinator Lincoln Riley are not among the final four coaches UNT is considering.

A source close to Mike Norvell said earlier this week that he is not interested in the position, a fact the Football Scoop report echoed.

read more:  http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2015/11/wednesday-afternoon-coach-search-update.html/

Applewhite and Briles both remind me of Todd Dodge. Please don't hire either one of them.

I can't see how applewhite does, other than that he was a longhorn. Say what you want but he is an experienced college coach.

Edited by 97and03
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

I can't see how applewhite does, other than that he a longhorn. Say what you want but he is an experienced college coach.

They remind me of Dodge in that everyone is so impressed with their name and assume that that translates into great head coaching here at NT.  In the case of Dodge, everyone assumed that his HS success would directly transfer into college success. It did not.

Everyone assumes that Applewhite's success as a QB at Texas will automatically translate into being a winning head coach here. In other words his "come-off-the-bench-winning ways" at Texas will magically transform our program into a winner. If he was in any way magical he would have been hired as a head coach somewhere else by now. 

And as to Applewhite's experience, McCarney had a lot more, and with more winning programs, and see how that translated into success at North Texas.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

They remind me of Dodge in that everyone is so impressed with their name and assume that that translates into great head coaching here at NT.  In the case of Dodge, everyone assumed that his HS success would directly transfer into college success. It did not.

Everyone assumes that Applewhite's success as a QB at Texas will automatically translate into being a winning head coach here. In other words his "come-off-the-bench-winning ways" at Texas will magically transform our program into a winner. If he was in any way magical he would have been hired as a head coach somewhere else by now. 

And as to Applewhite's experience, McCarney had a lot more, and with more winning programs, and see how that translated into success at North Texas.

are you defending Dan McCarney?  Or condemning UNT?  Wasn't clear from your post.  

Kendall Briles is NOT one of the final four? I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this one. I haven't given up hope, but the coaches that seem to fit us are being removed from the list? I guess Applewhite is still in the running, but the spirits tell me something bad is about to happen. Prove me wrong RV.

GMG