Coach Chico Embraces the fans after the UTKFC win

Harry

We could do a lot worse than Chico. And if there were ever an athletic director that could find worse coaches...

Also, this is not an argument for Chico. i just wish we knew what he was able to do when not cleaning up the messes of the athletic director.

Edited by MeanMag
  • Upvote 2

Your point is that a guy who campaigned for the head coaching gig last time around is now saying that the guy that beat him out limited his recruiting. 

Right, that guy has nothing to gain by saying that, does he? 

NO his point in using Riddle is that Riddle's dad told us that Mac limited Chico's ability to make offers.  

• Upvote 2

The Canales ship has sailed. It would've been interesting to see what he did at UNT if hired instead of McCarney, but at this point winning either 1 or 2 games in 2015 isn't enough to earn him the top job. His record as OC under McCarney wasn't good, and blaming all of that on McCarney is too much of a stretch. We'd never hire an OC from somewhere else whose team lost as much as this one has.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Oh believe me, I am all for fixing. McCarney was the problem. That problem is now fixed. With the Iowa boys, we were 0-5 against the spread and straight up. We didn't even beat the freaking spread once. Under Canales, we are 3-0 against the spread and 1-2 overall. This is an improved team, don't let your personal vendetta against the athletic director make you blind to the positive changes that have occurred with our team.

1-2 and you think that is a problem fixed.

Only at UNT.

1-2 and you think that is a problem fixed.

Only at UNT.

The love child of Urban Meyer and Tom Osborne wouldn't have beaten WKU and Marshall with the dumpster fire he had to turn around. I think this team is going to surprise a lot of people over the rest of the season. Well, except you, you aren't surprised by anything because you know everything.

• Upvote 6

The love child of Urban Meyer and Tom Osborne wouldn't have beaten WKU and Marshall with the dumpster fire he had to turn around. I think this team is going to surprise a lot of people over the rest of the season.

There's only four games left. Assuming that "surprise a lot of people" means wins (plural), where are you finding more than one win in this schedule? Louisiana Tech (road), Tennessee (paycheck), Middle Tennessee State (road), UTEP (home).

The love child of Urban Meyer and Tom Osborne wouldn't have beaten WKU and Marshall with the dumpster fire he had to turn around. I think this team is going to surprise a lot of people over the rest of the season. Well, except you, you aren't surprised by anything because you know everything.

We are not going to beat La. Tech or Tennessee on the road. MTSU is also a most likely road loss. 

UTEP is the only chance to "surprise," and that wouldn't surprise me.

So MTSU is what you hang your surprise hopes on?i

Can you have a conversation without directly insulting people?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There's only four games left. Assuming that "surprise a lot of people" means wins (plural), where are you finding more than one win in this schedule? Louisiana Tech (road), Tennessee (paycheck), Middle Tennessee State (road), UTEP (home).

I think we beat MTSU and UTEP. We will scare LT and the other UT.

• Upvote 1

La. Tech will beat us by 25 plus. 

We can't win on the road. 

UTEP wouldn't be a surprise, so...

McCarney couldn't win on the road....ever. Not at ISU and certainly not here. We haven't had an OOC road win since Todd Dodge at Ball State. Canales will have much better luck on the road than Mac would've.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

From a community involvement standpoint, that is an outstanding gesture..

Still dont want him as HC, but would be willing to keep him as a QB coach or ST Coach and recruiting coordinator or something when the new guy brings in his staff. Dont want him as OC because I expect the new coach to be offensive minded and he will be bringing his own OC

I think we beat MTSU and UTEP. We will scare LT and the other UT.

I see UTEP as the only win possibility and none of the other games being more competitive than we were against Marshall.

Suggesting we will put a scare into Tennessee is absolutely bonkers.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I like Chico, but I think he would have to get a surprise win in the next few weeks to even garner consideration. Also, if they do hire a new coach, he needs to go. 

I will say that there is something to be said about a guy that really wants to be here. He knows the culture, knows where the fans/donors opinions sit, and really wants to be the HC here. If Smatty wants to take a risk on Baby Briles or Minor Appleseed, he should strongly consider  Canales. 

• Upvote 7

I like Chico, but I think he would have to get a surprise win in the next few weeks to even garner consideration. Also, if they do hire a new coach, he needs to go. 

I will say that there is something to be said about a guy that really wants to be here. He knows the culture, knows where the fans/donors opinions sit, and really wants to be the HC here. If Smatty wants to take a risk on Baby Briles or Minor Appleseed, he should strongly consider  Canales. 

"Smatty".... Lol--- I like this.  A lot.  I plan on using this again if you don't mind

"Smatty".... Lol--- I like this.  A lot.  I plan on using this again if you don't mind

Sure, don't mind a bit. A combination of spell checker and me trying to get into the grocery store caused me to cut his name a tad short. I like it, too. :D

Edited by Got5onIt

what i like about chico, he is a players coach and he coaches during the game. He is also knows what is going on behind him during the game.  He has called out the guess that don't dress out at least twice that i have seen to get involved.   He could have just taken the paycheck and sent out his resume but he his giving 100% to program that mostly likely he won't be a part of.  I would give him a contract that matches rv and if he fails they both can go together but I think he deserves a shot.  

• Upvote 4

This is the very reason I don't want him here. The culture is terrible, and a clean sweep (including AD) really needs to happen.

• Upvote 1