Wholesale Changes

UNT90

Are needed.

AD should have been gone a year ago, needs to go now.

Not at the end of the season.

Now. 

Give the new AD a couple of months before having to hire a new football head coach this December followed by a new basketball coach next March. 

Thats how it's done at a FBS university.

Oh wait, I forgot, we are UNT, not a FBS university.

Commit or drop the F down!!!!!

Be careful at what you ask for--we've dropped the F down before when faced with this decision and looked at it as a great opportunity and plan. It killed the program's long term chances and still affects us badly today.

• Upvote 5

Be careful at what you ask for--we've dropped the F down before when faced with this decision and looked at it as a great opportunity and plan. It killed the program's long term chances and still affects us badly today.

we have 0 long term chances unless the above happens. Don't kid yourself. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

We just need to make better hires starting with AD, RV was always a joke just a snake oil salesman. We should be able to clean house and really show a difference right away.

Rick Villarreal should be fired before the Team gets back to Denton. Aim to have a new AD by the end of November. 

we have 0 long term chances unless the above happens. Don't kid yourself. 

oh, I agree on the changes needed, but the commitment won't happen here until the BOR changes their view. That change could be even worse than you are wanting--that's my point. They've done it before--and it killed the program then for decades--probably the university's connection to giving alumni, too.

• Upvote 1

oh, I agree on the changes needed, but the commitment won't happen here until the BOR changes their view. That change could be even worse than you are wanting--that's my point. They've done it before--and it killed the program then for decades--probably the university's connection to giving alumni, too.

I'd rather be FCS than this shit show. Plain and simple. At least we wouldn't be pretending to be something we have no desire to commit to be. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

Everything about this program this season needs to change. I have no faith in this staffs ability to prepare the team to win our Homecoming game against FCS Portland State.

With everything that has been built and improved on since our Sun Belt days, we should not be this bad. Several people need to be held accountable for this embarrassment.

• Upvote 3

at, Sept 51-0 (0-0)
Sat, Sept 122-0 (1-0)
Sat, Sept 263-0 (1-0)
Sat, Oct 33-1 (1-1)
Sat, Oct 105:00 PM ET18 available from $48

If something does not change we will get our asses kicked by 3 touchdowns or more,  Southern Miss just  beat us by 35 points.

Dropping down would hurt this University and not just the athletic department.  UNT struggles to get the respect as an academic program that it deserves now.  And logical or not athletics has an effect on that perception.   The university has committed infrastructure to the athletic department and it can't just drop down now.  Before Apogee and the other facilities dropping down might have been an option in my mind but not now.  The are too many resources to work here with to drop down.  What we need a tier 1 coach and AD (if we are trying to be recognized as tier 1 school). And tier 1 status means you can hold your own in a weak conference like CUSA consistently.  Mac had a decent resume and is a great speaker. (too bad it doesn't translate to recruiting).  We need to dream big and find an AD with clout in this region.  

• Upvote 5

Dropping down would hurt this University and not just the athletic department.  UNT struggles to get the respect as an academic program that it deserves now.  And logical or not athletics has an effect on that perception.   The university has committed infrastructure to the athletic department and it can't just drop down now.  Before Apogee and the other facilities dropping down might have been an option in my mind but not now.  The are too many resources to work here with to drop down.  What we need a tier 1 coach and AD (if we are trying to be recognized as tier 1 school). And tier 1 status means you can hold your own in a weak conference like CUSA consistently.  Mac had a decent resume and is a great speaker. (too bad it doesn't translate to recruiting).  We need to dream big and find an AD with clout in this region.  

A half assed commitment ain't gonna get it done. Buildings are nice, but when you are more than willing to allow losing to continue indefinitely in those buildings and refuse to act like other universities in your conference, for whatever reasons, just quit and be honest with yourself and your fan base.

We are on year 15 of a failure at AD, year 4 if an abject failure at basketball head coach position, and are the worst team in FBS in the 5th year of a failed head football coach experiment. A football coach so checked out he is refusing to recruit. 

And we won't do one GD thing about it. 

Yes, we need to drop down and play in a division that matches the commitment to winning that exists with the people that matter at UNT.

• Downvote 3

But that will never happen, so we are left pretending to be something we very clearly are not. 

Don't be all too negative I believe in Mean Green Miracles, we will clean house there is a typhoon forming this will go to the top.