Dear UNT Coaches & Players

cdizzle86

Im writing this to you in the 3rd quarter. Just quit! Go home to wherever that is. I'm tired of watching a heartless team and so is everybody else. So just quit. It's obvious you don't believe in yourselves so why should I waste anymore of my time?

Either you play with some damn pride or don't bother walking onto the field again.

Sincerely,

Cody Valle

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 16

Im writing this to you in the 3rd quarter. Just quit! Go home to wherever that is. I'm tired of watching a heartless team and so is everybody else. So just quit. It's obvious you don't believe in yourselves so why should I waste anymore of my time?

Either you play with some damn pride or don't bother walking onto the field again.

Sincerely,

Cody Valle

I agree, everyone seemed to have just quit and that includes the players. My wife pointed out in two games they only play three quarters then just stop. Last week it was the fourth. This week it was the third. 

• Upvote 2

If you can believe it McCarney was telling them to do that each time they did it.

Rick

I've never seen it done before...ever.  The first impression I had was "bush league". I don't know what more to say about that.

• Upvote 2

What's with all the sideline bullshit antics? Do the players think that has any effect on the opposing team?

The sideline antics are sophomoric and embarrassing. It's the kind of thing you see junior high kids or losers do. 

I explained to my 6 & 9 year old girls that you don't behave like that in any environment. Especially when you're getting crushed.

And if you're on the side of "they are just having fun" crowd then realize there is nothing fun about what they were doing. They wanted to bring attention to themselves. All I noticed is they weren't guys who played on the field and they were a distraction to the coaches and actual game day players. Personally I feel our team let's far to many players suit up. That sideline is a traffic jam.

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 3

No one is complaining about Carlos Harris dancing and popping in the field when the music is playing just before some offensive plays. We have lots of issues but guys dancing and getting fired up on the sidelines is not one of them. It's simply a way to get yourself fired up and they have been doing that stuff at home games for many many years! Why now is it an issue.....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I can still hear my old coach, Dale O'Connell, screaming "Get your head in the game !" whenever some of us would have a little "fun". I guess time has changed a lot of things.

I had a coach who felt the same way. Some short WR jackass pulled a jersey over my head and he just saw me react and told me I was staying late to be a warm body with the varsity. I then got the privilege of having people 3 years older than me practice a variety of pull plays and also got in trouble if I hit their QB for 90 minutes. It was an absolute beating. Also, that coach is dead now.

• Upvote 2

If you're getting your ass kicked, you shouldn't be having "fun".

You guys are looking at this the wrong way.  When your team is just standing there...not doing a thing...then you have trouble.  Am I the only one who thought that their actions seemed to get us fired up and maybe there was hope that we could get back in the game.  What was viewed as "fun" by some, should be looked at as an act of unity.  When you are on the sidelines all you can do is be "glue" (the stuff that holds things together).  This is very important because when they hit the road, they will only have each other.  I was at those road games last year.  The silence is deafening.  I know we will have less players on the sidelines in Iowa.  But I hope that we have guys that can stand there shoulder to shoulder and have some energy.  So.. Dear players, Don't Quit. Don't give up like some on this board would have you do.  I still believe.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Yeah.  When the team is making stupid mistakes, muffed punt catches, personal fouls, fumbles, AND falling so far behind that they're jackin around dancin antics on the sideline, I want someone to pull this move on them...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ_kOi-lHFI

The dancing yelling crap is beyond juvenile. The coaches need to put an end to that BS yesterday. We may be the worst team in college football but they don't need to behave like morons.