What will our attendance be @SMU?

Harry

What will our attendance be @SMU?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. What will our attendance be @SMU?

• 5000+

UNT fans talking smack about attendance never ceases to amuse me.  

There's not many teams UNT can do it to, so they get their licks in when they can. Contrary to popular belief around here, UNT and SMU attendance isn't much different from each other.

Edited by Cougar King
  • Downvote 9

There's not many teams UNT can do it to, so they get their licks in when they can. Contrary to popular belief around here, UNT and SMU attendance isn't much different from each other.

(..........)

SMU's attendance is skewed, they have A&M, TCU, and Baylor fans take over their stadium. I even remember in a different thread discussing Texas Tech taking over the crowd chant in Ford one game. Just wait until September 12th, and you might be surprised at how much Green will be in that stadium.

• Upvote 1

As pointed out in another thread, if Dr. Smatresk's claims about the bus demand are true, there will be 1200-1600 students traveling on those buses alone.  I can't imagine that much more than 1/4 of students going to the game would be traveling on those buses.  So I'd have to say that student attendance should be at least 4k.  Throw in alumni, and I would say that 5000 is almost a conservative estimate.

P.S.: What's happened to the site this evening?  It looks like a clown site.

A greyhound charter bus seats 55 people. 24 buses, right? So if the busses are completely full, that's 1320 students.

Odds are they won't be completely full.

Is unt90 and cougar king the same person? has anyone ever seen together?

You know, I would have thought that too. But I saw a post by UNT90 back in July, where he was telling cougar queen that UH is University of High School.

Not unless, he is trying to throw us off.. Maybe we are being catfished on GMG.com?

You know, I would have thought that too. But I saw a post by UNT90 back in July, where he was telling cougar queen that UH is University of High School.

Not unless, he is trying to throw us off.. Maybe we are being catfished on GMG.com?

If he is a sock puppet I would suspect Cerebus, CBL, P1, or Qouner before I would suspect 90.

• Upvote 1

No tv for this game so dress for spirit not for your TV presence

Go and wear green.  Not the white or black or pink that says "North Texas" in little letters in the corner.  From across the field and on television white or black or pink could be Southern Meth fans.  Nothing says Mean Green better than GREEN.  And nothing will state how well NT travels better than a bunch of green clad fans.  Ford Field needs to rock green September 12.

GO MEAN GREEN

Can we bring in the NT LONE STAR FLAG?

For goodness sakes, please bring your NT Battle Flag.  Leave the pole at home and there won't be any question.  Bring it.  Wave it.  Wear it.  Green.  Green.  Green.

Even if the game is not televised, the 10:00 sports guys will mention the overwhelming green to red/blue ratio.  Let's give Dale and Steve and Newey something to make a crack about.   

GO MEAN GREEN

Edited by greenjoe
  • Upvote 2

We need KingDL1 or a pilot fan to fly overhead and take some proof pictures.  You know SMU is going to downplay our crowd as they always do.

That's a good idea. I'd do the fly over myself but I'd rather be in the stands than sweating in a small plane wishing I was at the game. When I was a flight instructor I use to do touch and goes in Denton and could see games at Fouts. I always wished I was at the game.

Looks like we have to bring a clear green bag, for those people who have kids and bring stuff inside the stadium.

http://www.smumustangs.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/082015aag.html

I hope NT never adopts this policy as it doesn't help people with very young children.

• Upvote 2

Its a good policy, you can't smuggle a dead hooker unnoticed in a clear bag at SMU. The only problem now, is locating evidence of those dead hooker's clear heels.

Which is why you only give hookers shoes with live goldfish in them.  It makes it easier to track them.

• Upvote 1