Texas Tech (12/29/14)

CMJ

We're what, 1-3 against the good schools ... 1-4 if you include Iona. I expect at a minimum a 10 point loss but won't be the least bit shocked if it by 15 or more.

Lost by 15.

Shot 44% from the free throw line.

Shot 35% from the field.

Only scored 45 points.

Up next is UTEP and I expect more of the same.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 2

It is baffling how we cannot put the ball in the hoop. We really need to just let it rip. If Monte Ellis can score 20 points shooting 6-27 in a game why not Jordan Williams? At some point we are going to have to just shoot the ball and not worry about missing it. Coaches or players.... Whatever... Just shoot the ball (must start in practice).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

It is baffling how we cannot put the ball in the hoop. We really need to just let it rip. If Monte Ellis can score 20 points shooting 6-27 in a game why not Jordan Williams? At some point we are going to have to just shoot the ball and not worry about missing it. Coaches or players.... Whatever... Just shoot the ball (must start in practice).

Jordan did score 20. By 7-17 shooting, including only 1-7 from deep (the lest of which was from WAAAAY downtown and WAAAAY off the mark).

Because Ellis is much much much much better than williams...just a thiught...ya know...NBA and all...

He is also playing against better competition.

I just hope we can get on the right track for conference play. People need to pack the pit against UTEPS. Not going to games to send a message is in poor judgment and affects the players. If you went to UNT and live in the area show up!

• Downvote 3

I just hope we can get on the right track for conference play. People need to pack the pit against UTEPS. Not going to games to send a message is in poor judgment and affects the players. If you went to UNT and live in the area show up!

You are right about poor judgement, wrong about who made it.

Jordan did score 20. By 7-17 shooting, including only 1-7 from deep (the lest of which was from WAAAAY downtown and WAAAAY off the mark).

Jordan scored 20 on 17 shots. The rest of the team scored 23 on 35 shots. Jordan shot 41% from the floor and the rest of the team shot 31% from the floor. Jordan was 5/6 from the line (83%) and the rest of the team was 2/10 (20%).

Jordan is our only consistent scoring threat and I'm almost certain will be our only player to average in double figures this year. Benford has still yet to bring in a player to score in double figures. Scary thought: could our team not have a single double-digit scorer next year, once the last JJ holdover is gone?

I know it's highly unlikely, since there will be more shots to go around. But I just can't see anything other than our offense being absolutely terrible next year. And it's pretty darn bad right now with Jordan Williams.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 1

I've never been a fan of this argument because it means the fans are accepting mediocrity. Don't stop donating to the athletic department but showing up just to show up just doesn't help show you aren't happy with the current situation.

Who wants to go watch a streetball team with poor fundamentals?

How about the players use better judgement in their game to perform better. Maybe then they would win some games causing fans to actually go watch.

The message that is being sent by students and fans is we don't want to see a crappy streetball product on the court.

• Upvote 3

I've never been a fan of this argument because it means the fans are accepting mediocrity. Don't stop donating to the athletic department but showing up just to show up just doesn't help show you aren't happy with the current situation.

It sends the wrong messages to recruits and the players. Recruits shown up and assume we have a terrible fan base while the players feel no love at home. It's not right!

Where is the logic here: I'm upset and want the AD and Coach fired (which cost money) so I'm not going to donate any money and refuse to buy tickets (that will help right....). I'm upset because the team is not winning so I am not going to show up at games so there will be no one there to support to the team (good call.... Makes complete sense..... Right!?). Every action that is made is counterintuitive to what is preached. If you want change then you don't sit idley by. You support them in hopes a change will be made. On top of it all that logic makes The education one gets at UNT look terrible as well. How childish are some people? I'm not getting my way so I am taking my ball and going home. A lot of people here need to grow up and stop acting immature and childish. Are thing showing well? Not exactly.... Could they be better.... Yes! How will they get better? It starts with support. It's not like refusing to go to games is going to 1. Suddenly make the players feel motivated or 2. Get cash to buyout a contract. We need butts in seats regardless of our record!

Edited by Andrew
  • Downvote 3

It sends the wrong messages to recruits and the players. Recruits shown up and assume we have a terrible fan base while the players feel no love at home. It's not right!

Where is the logic here: I'm upset and want the AD and Coach fired (which cost money) so I'm not going to donate any money and refuse to buy tickets (that will help right....). I'm upset because the team is not winning so I am not going to show up at games so there will be no one there to support to the team (good call.... Makes complete sense..... Right!?). Every action that is made is counterintuitive to what is preached. If you want change then you don't sit idley by. You support them in hopes a change will be made. On top of it all that logic makes The education one gets at UNT look terrible as well. How childish are some people? I'm not getting my way so I am taking my ball and going home. A lot of people here need to grow up and stop acting immature and childish. Are thing showing well? Not exactly.... Could they be better.... Yes! How will they get better? It starts with support. It's not like refusing to go to games is going to 1. Suddenly make the players feel motivated or 2. Get cash to buyout a contract. We need butts in seats regardless of our record!

And blindly going to the games to watch a poor product sends the wrong message to the decision makers. Sending nasty tweets and FB posts does nothing so what do I do then? Boo the team? That's always classy.

Poor ticket sales do get noticed. At some point the lost sales over time do get to a point where keeping a coach actually costs the school more money than to keep him/her.

The team doesn't get better with more fan support; it gets better with player and coach dedication ... Like putting in extra practice time indidviudally outside of organized team practice. Our poor free throw shooting has a direct link to poor effort being put into practice, both individual and team practices.

• Upvote 1

And blindly going to the games to watch a poor product sends the wrong message to the decision makers. Sending nasty tweets and FB posts does nothing so what do I do then? Boo the team? That's always classy.

Poor ticket sales do get noticed. At some point the lost sales over time do get to a point where keeping a coach actually costs the school more money than to keep him/her.

The team doesn't get better with more fan support; it gets better with player and coach dedication ... Like putting in extra practice time indidviudally outside of organized team practice. Our poor free throw shooting has a direct link to poor effort being put into practice, both individual and team practices.

The record will get noticed. Why not show up and see what happens. For me basketball can get sloppy, but never un-interesting to watch.

• Downvote 1

i dont go to the games because i have more exciting things to do... like... anything...

tonight, UNT made 18 baskets, in 40 minutes... less than a bucket every two minutes...UNT committed more fouls than made shots...

Billy already articulated what i was going to say about JW... can Benford at least make the game exciting if we are going to lose half the time? let's just push the ball every possession...15 seconds to shoot... at least we would have a reason for missing so many shots at that point

• Upvote 1