Texas Tech (12/29/14)

CMJ

A little nugget from MGS for all you Benford haters:

In his third year at North Texas, Benford is the fourth fastest Mean Green coach to reach 30 victories since World War II. He needs just two more victories to tie North Texas Hall of Famer Charlie Johnson and Gene Robbins for 10th place in program history with 36 victories.

HOF'er!

If anyone on this board thinks that my claim of Benford being extended is going overboard, here is your proof--directly from the AD itself--that they are doing all they can to sell you on why he is deserving of an extension.

Benford will probably be our head coach here until at least 2017-2018. That's assuming RV and the BOR only grant him an extension of just two additional years to his contract, which would then run out in the spring of 2019.

How does that sound TTG for taking basketball serious here at UNT?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yeah, but time enough not to answer my tweet asking about group rates, tried bringing 25 MS kids and parents to the game.

I called when I wanted away game OSU tickets. I was told we were not selling away game tickets and to contact OSU directly. OK, no problem. Did so and they mailed me the tickets in plenty of time for the game.

I would assume, even if UNT were selling tickets that group rates would only be available through the home school's ticket office. I am 100% sure that if you want to attend, that you can still find plenty of good seats through the TT ticket office..,maybe even a sweet group rate.

If you do end up going..,wear green and yell real loud!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If anyone on this board thinks that my claim of Benford being extended is going overboard, here is your proof--directly from the AD itself--that they are doing all they can to sell you on why he is deserving of an extension.

Benford will probably be our head coach here until at least 2017-2018. That's assuming RV and the BOR only grant him an extension of just two additional years to his contract, which would then run out in the spring of 2019.

How does that sound TTG for taking basketball serious here at UNT?

Why the school would extend Benford's contract when season ticket sales and attendance are down is beyond me. So far he has had one losing season and one .500 season. I have doubts we can make it to .500 this year given how bad the offense is and how suspect our defense can be.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 1

Great hustle on defense! Our defense is there and it works when we have energy.

I have a feeling we run the 3-2 and not the 2-3 because of our lack of size in the post. We sag off and let them shoot a bit in hopes of getting a long rebound. If we let teams get into them post with our lack of size we will get destroyed. We definetly need to get two more post players with our last 3 scholerships. With the last one we need a poor shooter with good height. If we get these things our team will look different next season.

• Downvote 1

I get more and more bothered that CJ left. I know he may not have bought into the system here, but we could really use him at the point to run the floor. If CJS stayed and Wesley stayed out of trouble this team would be completely different. We are a good point guard and a decent post player away from being very good. Even so we give every team we play a run for their money in the first half of games..,.

• Downvote 1

I get more and more bothered that CJ left. I know he may not have bought into the system here, but we could really use him at the point to run the floor. If CJS stayed and Wesley stayed out of trouble this team would be completely different. We are a good point guard and a decent post player away from being very good. Even so we give every team we play a run for their money in the first half of games..,.

We need the team to play a full 40 minutes though. I don't think we've seen them do that really for a full game yet.