On the Clock with Coach Canales

ColoradoEagle

I don't get near as pissed seeing TCU gear on campus compared to when i see anyone wearing SMU shit. Man that gets me heated.

I didn't see a ton of TCU or SMU shirts back in my day, but the ones that just irritated me to no end were the Baylor and Tech shirts. I hated the Baylor stuff because they were just in the BIg XII because of their political ties in Austin--nothing more. The TCU and SMU stuff just mildly annoyed me, since they didn't even have any relevance back then. But the ones I really hated were the Tech hats and shirts, in part, because the people who wore that stuff transferred here usually from there, meaning they still held a strong allegiance to a school they left. Combine that with the fact that Tech is basically the exact opposite of UNT in every way, I just never have liked them at all. Their fanbase is pure trash and they are literally in the middle of nowhere. But I will also say that Tech has done everything right in gaining a strong alliance with UT--since the 50s, Tech has always been included with their bigger, more successful brother. They probably will be taken care of by UT when the next round of realignment takes place. So, as much as I dislike their school, my envy for their athletic program is much higher than my hatred of them.