500 wins?

oldguystudent

1 minute ago, oldguystudent said:

I could swear that as I was leaving Apogee on Saturday night, there was a big graphic on the scoreboard that said UNT Football 500 wins.  Was saturday the 500th win of the program? 

Indeed it was.

I would've preferred they didn't show the graphic with 7 seconds left on the clock but that's neither here nor there. Could've been a huge egg on face moment though if they somehow ended up winning.

• Upvote 3

Seems like NT should do something to commemorate this event.  It obviously has more to do with longevity than being consistently good, but it is still a very meaningful achievement. 

At least a poster or graphic with key games highlighted such as first victory, conference memberships, record performances, great players, etc.  Should be a great opportunity to spread the Mean Green gospel.  

My guess is that there is something in the works.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

We were quite comfortably above .500 before the Dodge era.  It has fallen badly since. 

I used to point out that all the time how his time here was killing our winning tradition. 

Damn sweater vests

18 hours ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Amazing we're above .500 after the awful RV years.  

RV's time led us to a wonderful football record of 65-118 from 2001thru 2015, a winning percentage of .355%.

It only took 15 years to see if he could fix the program responsible for bringing in the majority of dollars to the athletic department.

Add in Craig Helwig's 6 seasons as AD when we were 1-A/FBS, where we went 19 and 48, our FBS under these 2 stellar ADs was 84 and 166, a .336 winning %.

Wren Baker looks like the best AD ever, as we are 7-10, under his leadership, so far...