New UNT Uniforms?

MGNation92

Just saw this on twitter and I'm curious if anyone knows when we'll be revealing our new uniforms? I've heard rumblings of us getting new uni's this season(thank God if it's true), but this sort of thing gets people excited for the season when it's slow. Would help in recruiting too

Edit: Looks like they revealed these monstrosities on July 30th, 2015. Wonder if we'll get something around then?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

And here it is again right on time-uniforms.

I mean I'm sure there is a new conference realignment, shade of green, a recruiting, or scheduling thread we can make, right?

We can join forces and it will be glorious.

• Upvote 2

I think a shade of green falls under new uniforms.  If you win your uniforms look great.  Hey we killed you guys but man your uniforms are very attractive, not so good.  I realize the players like new uniforms.  I wish we could find the right shade of green and a nice look and keep it for a few years at least.  Some times I wonder if we change uniforms, logos so often to hide our poor performance in the past  so the other teams don't recognize us lol.   I know it is the off season and we all get bored.  I don't mean it in a bad way it just this time every year the subject comes up. I am bored like everyone else during the off season, when does the team start practicing as a team again. GMG!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, southsideguy said:

If you win your uniforms look great.  

I disagree.  Oregon and Baylor can't win enough to make most of their unis looks good.

I do agree with UNTLifer that the shade of green is correct.  I also like the SOW.  I'm more a fan of the matte than the chrome, but prefer just a basic, classy design. 

Edited by NT93
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Catchy unis are a huge attraction to recruits, current students, and recent alumni. Nearly all young people like updated unis , much like we like updated technology. Blink of an eye and you're behind. We should be as updatedas much as possible considering out lack of power on TX as we speak. As unfortunate as it is.

• Upvote 5

On 6/9/2017 at 11:34 PM, NT93 said:

I disagree.  Oregon and Baylor can't win enough to make most of their unis looks good.

I do agree with UNTLifer that the shade of green is correct.  I also like the SOW.  I'm more a fan of the matte than the chrome, but prefer just a basic, classy design. 

If we were winning like that who would care?  It would be us for sure.  We hammer everything around here.

• Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Ryan Munthe said:

NT is not a UNT logo. Not gonna happen.

It's been used before and a lot of schools use unofficial logos on their helmets. The flying worm isn't a current UNT logo, but it was still used on the throwback unis. 

I doubt we'll see an interlocking NT on the new helmets, but it's certainly possible one day.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

36 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

Man you guys have questionable taste. Green Texas flag and now that interlocking NT. The interlocking NT is god awful ugly. 

I'd prefer chrome green helmets or the flying leek look from last year. 

I like it...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1