Softball

So at least 5 and up to 7 players have left the Softball team...One of them is #SchoTime...What is going on at Lovelace!

So, which player's parent or friend are you? Or, are you one of the players? First post ever and this is it? Interesting that Coach was at the Gainesville Caravan, but was not at either Ft Worth or Dallas.

I so hope it is nothing more than kids and a HC butting heads regarding playing time and philosophy. Will keep all fingers and toes crossed that it is nothing more. A tough season can do that to a team. Please let it be nothing more.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Has anyone contacted Vito, FFR or RV to get the scoop? Also, in outoftown post it was mentioned "..caught by the ghosts that chased her from her last job." What ghosts?

I agree with Harry that this is concerning.

So what is the story on the softball team and coach(es)?

Has anyone contacted Vito, FFR or RV to get the scoop? Also, in outoftown post it was mentioned "..caught by the ghosts that chased her from her last job." What ghosts?

I agree with Harry that this is concerning.

So what is the story on the softball team and coach(es)?

93-98 gave you the ECU info.

Vito got a "no comment" from Coach Kee.

http://share.d-news.co/uLgOyLT

I couldn't find any listed sanctions imposed by the NCAA on ECU softball after coach was fired. Heard that an important booster brought the complaint on behalf of his daughter, a player on the team. I remember RV saying he vetted Coach Kee and was satisfied with what he learned to make the hire.

GMG

I'm not too concerned until we get some actual information.  If these 5-7 players not returning, are all of them leaving because they are upset with the coach, does this include seniors who are finished, or  could several of these players not be returning for other reasons?  That "hostile environment at ECU could simply be because she's more of a drill instructor than a "pay you on the back" type.  This really could just be a coach with an entirely different coaching style not meshing with the current players.  

I've seen things like this happen many times, especially when working with "kids".  A popular teacher, coach, leader ...leaves and is replaced by someone who is maybe more skilled but is tougher in how they do things.  Kids complain, get their feelings hurt, and leave.  I thought this would be a tougher year for our softball team and it was.  Combine that with a different coach and things like this happen.

Now hopefully that's all it is.  If something is really wrong then Coach Kee and RV both need to be held to task for that.   However, unless something more comes out I'll assume it's just  kids not getting along with their coach.  Let Coach Kee recruit players that will respond to her style and see what happens.  Until we know more details I just kinda shrug my shoulders at this situation.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I am just a fan and see only what is on the field. No behind the scene connections. Got a little insight from a former coach of one of the players but other than that, I don't know much.

I saw no diminished enthusiasm on the field or on twitter. Big props to Dani Hoff. Never reduced her chatter level...but that explains Dani more than anything else...vibrant, team first, a source of support no matter what.

Question is if internal conflicts with coach explain the mid-to-late season slump.

Waiting for more facts and hoping for the best.

GMG

• Upvote 2